Forums

Topic: Pokemon Rumble U blackouts at 1080p, ok at 720p

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

rjejr

I've only had my Wii u for several weeks so its a small sample size, but Pokemon Rumble U keeps blacking out at 1080p while everything else runs fine - Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Zen Pinball, Youtube. I tried 3 different HDMI cables and 2 tv slots before I changed the resolution to 720p and it works fine. Changed the res back to 1080p, same intermittent blackouts.

So either PRU is trying to run at 1080p but the Wii U cant handle it, or it can only run at 720p. I only have 1 1080p tv so I cant test it on another.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

SCRAPPER392

Not sure. I don't have the game.

Are you changing the resolution to 720p on your HDTV, or the Wii U?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Relias

Hmmm.. interesting.. I have it on 1080 p and it seems to work fine here... I don't know... ???

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

Relias

Maybe it's the TV?? I have mine hooked up to a Emerson.. ..

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

SCRAPPER392

Also, make sure the image Wii U puts out matches your HDTV.
Overscan is a common issue that may make the game unable to show on the screen correctly. That can be fixed by either changing your HDTV or Wii U image settings.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rjejr

Thanks for the feedback everybody, guess we'll just have to live with changing the settings whenever we play it.

BTW, my tv is a 52" 1080p Sharp Aquos, it's about 3 years old, but I haven't had this problem with any other HDMI connections - PS3, cable box, up-scaliing DVD player - nor any other Wii U activity, just this game. The Wii U cable looked kind of pathetic, and it only goes about 3/4 into the port, but all my other cables do the same as well. Not going to deal w/ Nintendo though for 1 game, if it were everything I would send it back.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.