Forums

Topic: Nintendo Open to Acquisitions

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

MegaMari0

so overall common trait here is having nintendo pick up all the floundering companies that were awesome in the 90s and early 2000s. In doing so, Nintendo still takes a massive risk with them.I'm all for it and they could use a much more diverse library of games. There is this nagging feeling that if they do, they bite off more than they can chew.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Moms-Meowth

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

You're forgetting Cough Shenmue

Well, I didn't necessarily forget it. I just haven't played it, ever. But I made a list of IPs from which Nintendo could profit at the beginning of this thread (I think).

Find yourself a Dreamcast and a copy of the game. Trust me It's amazing >_<

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Haru17

Nintendo is also strained to produce their own games, let alone more IPs. It wouldn't make sense for them to acquire IPs without hiring more dev teams to actually do that work.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

crimsoncavalier

munchakoopas wrote:

so overall common trait here is having nintendo pick up all the floundering companies that were awesome in the 90s and early 2000s. In doing so, Nintendo still takes a massive risk with them.I'm all for it and they could use a much more diverse library of games. There is this nagging feeling that if they do, they bite off more than they can chew.

Not necessarily. I'm not saying help them financially. I'm saying buy off some of their IPs, or all of them. Of course, not all of the games are worth acquiring. But even if they buy the companies, they can sell off some of the rights for the franchises they don't want.

Heck, I'm not even saying they should buy the companies outright, but if SEGA and Capcom are struggling, why not buy some of the IPs?

Haru17 wrote:

Nintendo is also strained to produce their own games, let alone more IPs. It wouldn't make sense for them to acquire IPs without hiring more dev teams to actually do that work.

Of course they need more developers, but those could be acquired from their former companies. I see and hear and read about people complaining that Nintendo milk their IPs too much, so this is a perfect way to diversify the ol' portfolio.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

LzWinky

Because Nintendo wants to make money. They're not going to buy some IP, only to spend more to make it profitable and then making meager profits on it. The risk can't be too big with this

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Of course they need more developers, but those could be acquired from their former companies. I see and hear and read about people complaining that Nintendo milk their IPs too much, so this is a perfect way to diversify the ol' portfolio.

Those people are stupid and Nintendo shouldn't listen to stupid people. The Pokemon Company controls those games and games like Mario Kart, Animal crossing, Smash Bros, 3D Mario, Metroid, and Zelda only come out once in a generation. If that's milking, then pouring a bowl of of cereal makes me a milkmaid -_-

MegaMari0

crimsoncavalier wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Not necessarily. I'm not saying help them financially. I'm saying buy off some of their IPs, or all of them. Of course, not all of the games are worth acquiring. But even if they buy the companies, they can sell off some of the rights for the franchises they don't want.

Heck, I'm not even saying they should buy the companies outright, but if SEGA and Capcom are struggling, why not buy some of the IPs?

So put the Proverbial final Nail in their coffin? I know that they have others IPs and some have been neglected for awhile but just saying.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

crimsoncavalier

munchakoopas wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

So put the Proverbial final Nail in their coffin? I know that they have others IPs and some have been neglected for awhile but just saying.

Sure. Back in the day, I loved Capcom and SEGA, but they suck now. And if they can't sell games, if they can't make good software, then maybe they should be bought out. I mean, seriously, when was the last time you played a good SEGA game? Years? Let them die, painlessly, mind you, but let them die.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Sure. Back in the day, I loved Capcom and SEGA, but they suck now. And if they can't sell games, if they can't make good software, then maybe they should be bought out. I mean, seriously, when was the last time you played a good SEGA game? Years? Let them die, painlessly, mind you, but let them die.

Monster Hunter is an excellent game if you silly people would just play it...

Edit: My joke was much deserved. Monster Hunter has preformed poorly in NA despite being a perfectly good game by all accounts. It's just a little Japanese-themed. And I'm white myself, it's not like I'm poking fun of groups other than my own. Just like I criticize how stupid male-oriented fan service is.

Edited on by Haru17

Bolt_Strike

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nintendo really needs to go after Sonic, that series is utterly floundering under SEGA's incompetence and I don't think I can trust anyone but Nintendo to redeem the series.

Again, outside of nostalgia, why does Nintendo need to save an IP with a bad name for exorbitant amounts of cash? Why not just create a new IP or a Mario spinoff with similar gameplay? That's so much cheaper.

I'm not sure nostalgia has anything to do with it. It's a recognizable brand, and it has seen better days. If the gaming arm of Sega-SAMMY does go under, and the IPs go up for sale, Nintendo should jump all over it.

I have been, and still am, a supporter of Nintendo acquiring IPs that are in need of either reviving or saving. Sonic needs saving. A game like PSO needs reviving. Nintendo could acquire the IPs and do great things with them. Just saying...

This. Sonic is a major gaming mascot that at one point went toe to toe with Mario. He has more brand power than whatever Nintendo could come up with as a replacement.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

Again, Nintendo needs the manpower too. This costs more money for Nintendo, taking away potential profits for them, or they might just abandon the IP if it doesn't sell well.

I don't think it'll just be a simple miracle if they take an IP.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

Nintendo shouldn't buy any giant corporation like Sega or Capcom unless they collapse and are on the market to be purchased.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.