Forums

Topic: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Posts 41 to 57 of 57

Ryno

Yeah, I read the review on IGN, a little disappointing to hear that the visuals have some issues. Also I was not planing on buying a Classic Controller Pro and this comment was interesting: "Speaking of controllers, Razor’s Edge might seem like a $60 game, but you should really budget another $50 on top of that, as a Pro Controller is practically (but not technically) required here."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-...

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Xilef

Master_Ryno wrote:

Yeah, I read the review on IGN, a little disappointing to hear that the visuals have some issues. Also I was not planing on buying a Classic Controller Pro and this comment was interesting: "Speaking of controllers, Razor’s Edge might seem like a $60 game, but you should really budget another $50 on top of that, as a Pro Controller is practically (but not technically) required here."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-...

It's probably a good idea to buy a Pro Controller, since alot of multiplayer games will probably use it. Of course you could try the game out before you decide.

Edited on by Xilef

Xilef

Ryno

@3Dash: I'm not a portable gamer so I am not the person to ask about this though I do remember some issue. I wish I could just use my Wii classic controller pro.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Xilef wrote:

It's probably a good idea to buy a Pro Controller, since alot of multiplayer games will probably use it. Of course you could try the game out before you decide.

Alright, I just decided that I will throw a Pro Controller on the old Christmas list.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Xilef

Nice. Anyway, how many people are planing to play online on this? I would love to try it out when the game releases in Januari here in europe (was it online co-op or competetive?).

Xilef

Ryno

I will Xilef but by the time you Europeans get it I will already have mastered it!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Hokori

Ok I've decided to get this game launch day, because of the online co-op

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

TysonOfTime

Destructoid gave it a 5.5. Better than the old version.

Interesting enough, the review said that playing with the GamePad was more comfortable than the Pro Controller.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Ryno

Anybody playing this yet?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

millarrp

I got NG3, and so far I'm enjoying it...Probably pick up ZombiU once I'm done this game though

3DS: 3394-3729-3518
Nintendo ID: millarrp

Nintendo Network ID: millarrp | Twitter:

Reef7009

Ahhh ninja gaiden....the blood , sweat and tears. The thrown pad. Delightful.

Reef7009

Ryno

millarrp wrote:

I got NG3, and so far I'm enjoying it...Probably pick up ZombiU once I'm done this game though

Wow, someone around here has it. Are you playing it with the GamePad? If so, how is that working out? I read IGN's review that mentioned they rather use the classic controller.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Supermarioman

So how is this game overall? When I get a Wii U I was planning on buying New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU, but I've looked at this and it seems fairly interesting to me. I've never played a previous Ninja Gaiden game, not the original trilogy, nor the more recent offerings. So my first question is, Do I need to have played those before starting Razor's Edge? It's not really a huge problem if so, just something I need to know so I can play them if it is necessary
Then I'd like to hear some more general opinions on the game. The review scores speak of how the original Ninja Gaiden 3 was a train wreck, and while these tell a better story, I'm still a little concerned. So are there really any major issues with the game and is it good enough for someone new to the series to play and enjoy?

Supermarioman

Ryno

Supermarioman wrote:

So how is this game overall? When I get a Wii U I was planning on buying New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU, but I've looked at this and it seems fairly interesting to me. I've never played a previous Ninja Gaiden game, not the original trilogy, nor the more recent offerings. So my first question is, Do I need to have played those before starting Razor's Edge? It's not really a huge problem if so, just something I need to know so I can play them if it is necessary
Then I'd like to hear some more general opinions on the game. The review scores speak of how the original Ninja Gaiden 3 was a train wreck, and while these tell a better story, I'm still a little concerned. So are there really any major issues with the game and is it good enough for someone new to the series to play and enjoy?

Do you like a challenging game? If yes, continue on. You don't need to have played any of the past Gaiden's to enjoy this. The story is crazy nonsense anyway and just gives you a reason to slice up baddies and spray some blood. That's another thing too, is that it a violent, gory game. There are no real major issues plus you get additional DLC characters for free.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Supermarioman

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Supermarioman wrote:

So how is this game overall? When I get a Wii U I was planning on buying New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU, but I've looked at this and it seems fairly interesting to me. I've never played a previous Ninja Gaiden game, not the original trilogy, nor the more recent offerings. So my first question is, Do I need to have played those before starting Razor's Edge? It's not really a huge problem if so, just something I need to know so I can play them if it is necessary
Then I'd like to hear some more general opinions on the game. The review scores speak of how the original Ninja Gaiden 3 was a train wreck, and while these tell a better story, I'm still a little concerned. So are there really any major issues with the game and is it good enough for someone new to the series to play and enjoy?

Do you like a challenging game? If yes, continue on. You don't need to have played any of the past Gaiden's to enjoy this. The story is crazy nonsense anyway and just gives you a reason to slice up baddies and spray some blood. That's another thing too, is that it a violent, gory game. There are no real major issues plus you get additional DLC characters for free.

I don't mind challenging games at all, as long as I can see the end of the game I don't think that I'll have any problems with that aspect of it, and even if I can't it still seems like it would be enjoyable. Good to hear about not having to play the others, I'm interested in them as well, but one I get my hands on it I don't think I'll let go of the Wii U for much! Also the issues I was referring to were the jaggy edges and framerate issues that I had heard about from a couple of reviews, but if they're not a problem then great,

Supermarioman

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic