Wii U Forum

Topic: Geist 2?

Showing 1 to 13 of 13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fang

1. Posted:

I have never played Geist, but it looks like an interesting game. FPSs* are a rare breed on Nintendo consoles, so Geist might just be the thing to lure in 'core' gamers. Reviews weren't really favourable towards Geist due to a poor game engine and bad AI, but the Wii U can probably fix that. So what do you guys think?

*I do know it was meant to be a first person adventure game, but it's close enough

Divinipedia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

2. Posted:

Fang wrote:

Geist might just be the thing to lure in 'core' gamers.

I'm really sick of the terms core and casual gamers.

If someone enjoys/wants to play a game, they don't have to belong in a defined group!

That being said, I have seen some gameplay of Geist and it seems interesting.

Edited on by Aviator

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fang

3. Posted:

@Aviator
I agree, it's just certain types of games appeal to certain types of gamers, and FPSs are usually associated with core gamers.

Edited on by Fang

Divinipedia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Linky_97

4. Posted:

I have played geist and i realy liked it! You are a guy who just died and became a ghost. When you are a ghost you can posses anything! Humans, animals, trashcans, water etc. but its a fps so when you posses a human they almost always have a gun.

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

5. Posted:

a geist sequel on the wii U is just what this console needs. it's a shame it never got officially released on the wii because i think it would've sold well.

it definitely looks very interesting, especially the main character, john geist.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

6. Posted:

Fang wrote:

Reviews weren't really favourable towards Geist due to a poor game engine and bad AI, but the Wii U can probably fix that

The Wii U couldn't, but a better developer could.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fang

7. Posted:

@misswliu81

The main protagonist is actually called John Raimi, geist just means ghost in german. But, close enough.

Edited on by Fang

Divinipedia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

8. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Fang wrote:

Geist might just be the thing to lure in 'core' gamers.

I'm really sick of the terms core and casual gamers.

If someone enjoys/wants to play a game, they don't have to belong in a defined group!

That being said, I have seen some gameplay of Geist and it seems interesting.

I agree, a person (like myself) can enjoy Wii Fit, Nintendogs, as well as Goldeneye, and Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

9. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Fang wrote:

Reviews weren't really favourable towards Geist due to a poor game engine and bad AI, but the Wii U can probably fix that

The Wii U couldn't, but a better developer could.

You do know Nintendo made Geist right?

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

10. Posted:

@Koops3
Nope. Nintendo only published it. n-Space developed it.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

11. Posted:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

@Koops3
Nope. Nintendo only published it. n-Space developed it.

Still n-Space is an above decent company.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

12. Posted:

Fang wrote:

@misswliu81

The main protagonist is actually called John Raimi, geist just means ghost in german. But, close enough.

ok. sorry that i got it mixed.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

13. Posted:

Now that n-Space has experience in making FPS games (thanks in part to CoD DS games), I'm sure they can make a sequel that surpasses the original. I was interested in the original but never got around to it. It's a neat concept.

komicturtle