Wii U Forum

Topic: Customers actively driving down the WiiU price

Showing 21 to 40 of 66

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

21. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

It's a fact that Sony won't be able to continue supporting PS if they don't have money.

and nintendo wont be able to support wii u if they don't have money and I wont be able to live if I don't breathe, this playing stating the obvious game sure is fun, though what it has to do with the price of tea in China I have no idea.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

22. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Uncharted 2 sold like 4 million, and probably costs 20 times more to fund than Wii Sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

It's a fact that Sony won't be able to continue supporting PS if they don't have money.

Uncharted 2 cost $20 Million to make http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uncharted-sequel-costing-us...
Uncharted 2 sold 6.19 Million copies: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/28733/uncharted-2-among-thieves/

So if Uncharted 2 sold for $30, which is ridiculously low, it would have equaled $185.7 Million... that is profit

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

23. Posted:

Wii U has no games, so people can do without it for now.

Most are waiting for PS4 and now even Xbox one since it has no DRM.

Then there are things like Ouya that plays android games on TV, Steam box and many other consoles coming out too.

Wii u just has to hope their 1st party games are great as usual and they will do fine, but still end up far behind Sony i believe for this generation(ps4, wii u, xbox1).

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

24. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

So if Uncharted 2 sold for $30, which is ridiculously low, it would have equaled $185.7 Million... that is profit

Untitled

Reala wrote:

and nintendo wont be able to support wii u if they don't have money and I wont be able to live if I don't breathe, this playing stating the obvious game sure is fun, though what it has to do with the price of tea in China I have no idea.

lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

25. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

And what evidence do you have that their PS brand isn't profitable enough to sustain itself in the future?

Nintendo making money with Wii Sports doesn't somehow take money away from what Sony has made with Uncharted. Nintendo didn't go out of business when Sony made a large profit from games.

Sony isn't making enough money on PS3 games, and were selling the PS3 console less than it was worth for a long time.
Nintendo selling more games and consoles than Sony is not 'taking sales'. It means Sony is just making crappy business decisions as a whole.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

26. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony isn't making enough money on PS3 games, and were selling the PS3 console less than it was worth for a long time.
Nintendo selling more games and consoles than Sony is not 'taking sales'. It means Sony is just making crappy business decisions as a whole.

So you have no real evidence or actual numbers for this, its just true because you say it is?

Ok then, I'll cancel my PS4 preorder right now because of your Sony doomsday prediction.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

27. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony isn't making enough money on PS3 games, and were selling the PS3 console less than it was worth for a long time.
Nintendo selling more games and consoles than Sony is not 'taking sales'. It means Sony is just making crappy business decisions as a whole.

All evidence points to the contrary, that Sony has indeed been making big bucks off of the PS3 in general for years now, and have made up for all of their early losses. Sorry.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

28. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony isn't making enough money on PS3 games, and were selling the PS3 console less than it was worth for a long time.
Nintendo selling more games and consoles than Sony is not 'taking sales'. It means Sony is just making crappy business decisions as a whole.

All evidence points to the contrary, that Sony has indeed been making big bucks off of the PS3 in general for years now, and have made up for all of their early losses. Sorry.

Ya, they made up for it. They didn't make as much profit as Nintendo, so Nintendo as a business has the upperhand.
PS vs. Nintendo isn't a legitimate argument, because it all comes down to the finances of a company.
Guess which company won.
Let's not forget Sony makes Walkman, HDTVs, headphones, and bluray.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Phatosaurus

29. Posted:

SCAR392
Business analysis.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

30. Posted:

@SCAR Remember, you started this. You're the one that said Sony would likely drop out because they can't support their console.

Now that you don't have evidence for this you're falling back on 'well Nintendo made more money'. Okay, so why can't both companies be profitable and neither of them drop out of the console race?

According to your logic, MS is also going to have a rough time supporting their console since they've had more issues than Sony. Are they both going to drop out?

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

31. Posted:

@SCAR392
To be fair, you initiated the whole "PS Vs. Nintendo" arguement. Also,

SCAR392 wrote:

Guess which company won.

As long as they're both making money, they both "win", so to speak.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

32. Posted:

I guess it comes down to: Which one won more?
Xbox never sold at a loss, and made money off of subscriptions for years.
Sony sells more than just PS, and their presence in the TV and other markets are more relevant to them as a company.
Didn't they make more money off of insurance than anything else? That's not even what their business does, and that's what they're making most of their money off of. That should give an idea on how crappy they're doing as a company.
The losses they've had most likely equal the gains they've made.
You can't say the same for Nintendo or Microsoft, which have been unquestionably profitable during the entire 7th generation.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

33. Posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/business/global/10iht-sony1...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

34. Posted:

You've completely changed the topic now. Who's making more money has nothing to do with the price of Earthbound on Ebay. The Playstation brand is very profitable and will continue to exist as long as it keeps making yen.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

35. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

You've completely changed the topic now. Who's making more money have nothing to do with the price of Earthbound on Ebay. The Playstation brand is very profitable and will continue to exist as long as it keeps making yen.

http://kotaku.com/5176114/sony-want-profits-not-market-share

The title of this article explains what Sony wants. It's an old article, but it's still very relevant.
They want profit from their PS brand, not market share. The thing is, is that profit doesn't happen without market share.
Market share basically means you are a company that is devoted to a certain goal in the industry. Sony does not want to commit to video games as their only source of revenue.
This is important, because Nintendo is making profit, and has more of the market based on numbers only.

EDIT: Put the wrong link at first...

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

36. Posted:

Irrelevant. We're talking about the Playstation brand. Not the Sony corporation as a whole.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

37. Posted:

@SCAR You're kidding.

I don't recall Sony having to repair millions of consoles, I'm guessing that didn't cost MS anything though? Can you find me a link that says the Xbox brand has been more profitable than the Sony brand?

You come up with a lot of interesting observations, yet have no actual data or evidence for anything. Your link shows Sony and their entire electronics division, of which you've admitted the PS brand is just a part of. Therefore that's not indicative of how much the actual PS brand has made this past generation.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

38. Posted:

So you change it with a link that says they want profit? So Sony says they want profit (four years ago), like any other company, and this is why they are doomed?

Oh good lord.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

39. Posted:

The difference is that Nintendo has been in gaming for years before Xbox or PS.
Sony has different goals than Microsoft in the gaming devision.
Bill Gates has stated that they haven't made any money on Xbox 360, nor do they care.
Sony hasn't made that much either, but they want money.
Do you see how the losses of each company, and what they think about the matter is different?
Nintendo ensures it is successful, because it is the only market they have relevance in.
If Microsoft or Sony want to stay relevant in the gaming marketplace, they're going to have to completely transition to gaming consoles.
Sony obviously isn't willing to give up TVs or bluray discs to go gaming only.
Microsoft may very well go gaming only and ditch Windows on PC in favor of gaming machines that can run Windows 8.
That's how farfetched things could play out if you look at all the options, and their importance in the industry as a whole.

EDIT: Just think about it. i.e. Microsoft going gaming only. Sony going gaming only.
This is a relevant discussion, because Nintendo is still gaming only.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CorporalPegasus

40. Posted:

So only companies who only have consoles/handhelds, nobody else can be important to the gaming industy? Wut...

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery