Forums

Topic: 118-0516 is pretty annoying!

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Bizaac

Hello you may have heard from everyone having the dreadful error called 118-0516. I know that many people have had problems with it and specifically my problem is my apartment is under a shared ip so even if i change something in my router settings, it would not get trough.
Did some things like:
Using google dns 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.
Using DMZ in my router settings.
portforwarding.
turning my router firewall off.
using a static ip.
turning upnp on. And a lot of other things both nintendo and other users have suggested me.

So in the end, i am asking you guys if their is another fix beside going into the router setting? or else i am doomed to stay lvl 1 in splatoon forever. :C

Bizaac

unrandomsam

The only way I know of is proxy_arp. At the moment you probably have double nat which you don't want. The choices are getting a static route put in on the router you don't control or proxy_arp.

(Presuming that "my apartment is under a shared ip" means you have internet access provided as a shared resource from the apartment complex.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

jariw

Have you been able to play any match in Splatoon?

When you get the error message (I assume you get it when you try to connect in the lobby), have you tried to just connect again? I sometimes get this error or the 118-0502, and then I try again and it works (once 'm in the lobby there are no issues). The error messages are related to a firewall at matchmaking, and they can apparently also appear if a player you're trying to be matched with is behind a firewall.

jariw

Bizaac

to both off you'r comments i can say:

It is an interesting idea about the proxy. I have been looking at that too, but i was wating too see if there maybe was another way. I think i try later today.

About the other comment. All i can say is i have tried several times to connect for about 3 days now. It has not even changed and i also get the same error 118-0502 sometimes too.

Well just gotta try out that proxy thing.

Bizaac

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.