The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Looking into:

Super Punch Out
Super Metroid
Sonic MS

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Romstar

I always loved Super Metroid, but when it came out in '94 I always ended up getting lost or not knowing what to do next. Finally, all these years later, I finally recently replayed it and beat it. It's one of my all time favorite games now.

Romstar

Tasuki

For some reason I always enjoyed Super Punch Out more than the Original Punch Out!!!. Maybe cause it was the first Punch Out game I ever owned so I was able to play it alot and get good at it and eventually beat it. The only thing I kinda thought that was bad about Super Punch Out was some of the obnoxious moves the opponents would use and that all you could do was box. Stuff like the old man and his stick or the Mexican wrestler that would spit in your face making the screen go blurry. I often wondered why the heck your guy just stood there and boxed if they allowed that kind of stuff lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Revanmann

StarFox wrote:

Looking into:

Super Punch Out
Super Metroid
Sonic MS

i never really cared for sonic that much but i have Punch Out!! and yes i know not super punch out!!
but i've got Super Metroid on my SNES and I LOVE the heck outta that game
when out of the house i will be downloading it to my wii along with my other awesome SNES game Super Mario World &
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (i own all 3 of them on my SNES so it'd be kinda pointless to get them for my wii)
(Oh, and i was born in "94 so great games came out on my burfday)

Edited on by Revanmann

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

StarFox wrote:

Looking into:

Super Metroid

Why do you NOT have this game already? Stop being a rebel and buy it already. It's literally the Best Game EVAR.

QFT. Buy it already!! D:

retired_account

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

My first Metroid game was (honestly) Other M. I did it out of curiosity for the series, and I think I'll get Super Metroid now.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Revanmann

@StarFox

It's the best one!!!!!!!

Currently Playing:

TrainerOrange

I have 1600 points and am trying to decide on 2 SNES games (unless someone has a good idea for a 1000 and 600 point pair). Here's what I'm mulling over:

F-Zero
Secret of Mana
Wild Guns
Kirby Super Star
Pilot Wings

I missed out on all of those back in the day, except for Secret of Mana, which I loved but never beat and eBayed a few years ago.

Thanks much!

Edited on by TrainerOrange

TrainerOrange

cheetahman91

@isitorange: I'd recommend Kirby Super Star and Wild Guns, or F-Zero and Wild Guns if you decide you'd want Super Star Ultra instead. Either way, Wild Guns is definitely recommended.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Revanmann

sectret of mana and kirby super star,... i have f-zero and pilot wings for my snes and they are both TERRible

Currently Playing:

Lotice-Paladin

Mr.iwantwiipoints wrote:

@StarFox

It's the best one!!!!!!!

Meh, I liked Fusion much more.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Revanmann

Fusion was VERY good but Super Metroid will always be my favorite

Currently Playing:

Lotice-Paladin

Both are good but Super isn't a tutorial all the way through the game...although i perfered that style.

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

TrainerOrange

King of Fighters '95 or Fatal Fury 3?

TrainerOrange

Henmii

I really recommend DOREMI Fantasy! It's a snes game, part of the Hanabi festival, and it's made by Hudson. It really surprised me at how much fun it is! It's a rather simplistic 2D platformer with nice graphics and fun music. You play a Link look-a-like that traps enemies in bubbles (a la bubble bobble), and it's just fun to play. The levels are a bit on the short side though. Last time I played I got to the moon boss. And I haven't beaten him yet, because he is pretty hard!

Henmii

buttonmasher

One of my favorite games is Super Aleste on the SNES.

As this is never coming to the Virtual Console, I'm looking at downloading another shump in the same vein. But, there are so many and all of them seem to have loyal fans and great reviews!

Which is the most like Super Aleste? (Similar weapon systems, power-ups, difficulty level, graphics, music)

I've been looking at Blazing lazers (although this looks a bit primitive compared to Super Aleste are the graphics poor in comparison?) or Soldier blade (but this is different series and might play differently).

Tried Super Star Soldier but this was FAAAAAAARRR too difficult and I found not being able to save really frustrating.

Can anyone recommend me something I'll like or confirm I should go for Blazing Lazers?

Thanks guys!

buttonmasher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic