Retro Forum

Topic: What's your favorite Nintendo system?

Showing 321 to 339 of 339

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

321. Posted:

SNES, always.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

mega

322. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

@Mr-Metroid If you don't get why people say Wii for Skyward Sword, you need to go play Skyward Sword. Plus, the Wii can play GameCube game, SNES games, N64 games, and NES games, plus it has other great titles like Xenolade Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy 2. And everything @True_Hero just said below too.

The Wii is great like the quote up here but I have to disagree. >_> I think the Wii being able to play VC and GCN shouldnt count as the " Wii " since the games make the system. ;) Those games were on past consoles, so they are not Wii games. I dunno though. Not saying you can't think differently but that's how I see it when seeing a console.

3DS FC: 2406 - 5638 - 4729
Wii U/NNID: smp1998
XBL: KAME3999

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Reala

323. Posted:

mega wrote:

3Dash wrote:

@Mr-Metroid If you don't get why people say Wii for Skyward Sword, you need to go play Skyward Sword. Plus, the Wii can play GameCube game, SNES games, N64 games, and NES games, plus it has other great titles like Xenolade Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy 2. And everything @True_Hero just said below too.

The Wii is great like the quote up here but I have to disagree. >_> I think the Wii being able to play VC and GCN shouldnt count as the " Wii " since the games make the system. ;) Those games were on past consoles, so they are not Wii games. I dunno though. Not saying you can't think differently but that's how I see it when seeing a console.

Personally I feel VC games do count, Europe in particular as many of those games wheren't available here until the wii VC.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

324. Posted:

I still feel that the Wii had the best first-party titles since the SNES days which is why I love it. Sure it doesn't have as many great third-party games, but the ones it does have are pretty fantastic as well, not to mention it has the VC and GC support.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

KAHN

325. Posted:

gamecube was what i played the most often.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

IAmSpike

326. Posted:

Tough question...
Probably a tie between NES and SNES. (I really enjoy the 3DS though.)

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

327. Posted:

SNES will always be my #1.
Right now I'm loving the 3DS, but it still has to expand it's library with original games. The Wii was the first console with backwards compatibility (with GameCube discs) and the first one to come up with the VC service.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 might be the reason for the Wii to be on second. Not sure though. I still love my ol' N64 and it's amazing controller!
I never had a GameCube, so I wouldn't know how good it was for it's time.

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

KAHN

328. Posted:

@Zeldalover
the gamecube had the best controller of the ENTIRE (meaning ALL new and old) library of video game consoles

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

329. Posted:

@Old_School_Funk

I don't know man....The tiny stiff micro-D pad was an absolute horror for any 2D retro sidescroller that required it. Oh wait... there WEREN'T any
Retro sidescrollers on the cube.lol Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, plus Paper Mario TYED(Am i missing anything else?)worked fine with the analog stick. But the Mega Man Classic and X collection were DREADFULL to play on the GCN controller. Those Push sensitive L & R buttons may be rad for certain games, but the standard tiny click of a regular L and R button(on the SNES for example) feels far better for most titles including these two collections. And then there's the crappy d-pad.

One thing i did admire was the big A button surrounded by the X & Y bean shaped buttons and the B. It hasn't been replicated since, but it made the cube controller all the more unique.

The C-stick while very cool, was a bit of a pain to use for first person shooters. But ultimately the gamecube controller is far more unique than the recycled stale Dual Shock controller and 360 pad. It's not perfect by any means, as it's an abomination for retro sidescrollers(NES & SNES games for ex) but it does fair extremely well with platformers. Seems like it was designed for the genre.

I personally favor the Wii remote on it's side NES style. Recently i've been plugging away at the amazing Rayman origins and it feels absolutely amazing to use with it. Far better than the dual shock controller!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

330. Posted:

GameCube, most of my favorite Nintendo games are on it.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

331. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Zeldalover
the gamecube had the best controller of the ENTIRE (meaning ALL new and old) library of video game consoles

In your opinion. Other people obviously think different.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

332. Posted:

The GameCube is pretty much perfect. I'm sure if I tried an SNES, I love it too.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

333. Posted:

Funny, I was just thinking today about how much I loved the GameCube.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

MarioKenny1992

334. Posted:

SNES, Gamecube, and Wii are my favorite Nintendo consoles, and soon to be the Wii U when I get it. as for handhelds, I like the GBA, DS, and 3DS

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

AuthorMessage

Emaan

335. Posted:

I answered Gamecube before, but I'm torn. I'm starting to really love the Wii. I appreciate it a lot more now than I did a few years back.

I still think the SNES is the best system ever created though. (Even though I sadly, never owned one)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

MrArkade

336. Posted:

I like SNES the most, followed by NES.

MrArkade

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

337. Posted:

I already responded but just reinforcing that the SNES is the best console ever. Period. and my favorite

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

338. Posted:

N64 for sure, best game era ever

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Olly88

339. Posted:

Definitely the SNES. Closely followed by the DS and NES, I'll put them in joint second place.

Olly88