Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 585

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan What headline where? No offense, but you REALLY need to learn to be more clear in your comments. By now, I've gotten to know you a little, so I know you're not a troll, but I also don't find it all that strange that some people seem to think that you are, because often times, your comments are either incomplete, or they make no sense whatsoever.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dogorilla

@ThanosReXXX There was an article on here a couple of days ago saying Suda51 wants to re-release some of his old games including Killer7, but he doesn't own the rights to them so it's not his decision. I think that must be what Ninfan is referring to.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla Well there you go: now it's instantly clear. When you use half-sentences or partial information, it's anyone's guess. That's kind of like assuming that everybody else automatically understands what the hell you're talking about...

And usually, I myself like to point out sources and such, in case people are curious and/or interested.

On a side note: I also completely missed that article, so I would never have known, had you not clarified this mystery for me, so thanks.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Vinny

There's this japanese GBA series called Kururin where you basically play as a rotating stick (in-game context, you're a bird and that's your stick-shaped ship) and you have to maneuver it through the levels without hitting the walls and enemies.
The first GBA game was only released in Japan and Europe, while the second and third were Japan-only.

To sum it up:
The first GBA, Kuru Kuru Kururin is pretty fun, although kinda short, while the second, Kururin Paradise has a lot more levels, secret passages and minigames which range from fun to frustrating.

In this thread i'd like to talk about the GC entry, Kururin Squash.
This looks really good, it's all 3D and very colorful. It lacks the minigames from the second game but now each world your stick, uh... ship has different powers, for example on underwater levels your ship can be submerged for a while. The soundtrack is very good.

Gameplay video:

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Ninfan

@Vinny so your just saying you really like kururin.

Ninfan

BabyYoda71

Why is this The Official Gamecube Thread? Is it approved of by Nintendo?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi12
This is a thread for talking or asking about Gamecube games and machines.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@Anti-Matter Same with the Nintendo Switch thread, the XBox thread, the PS4 thread, this is the only one with the word ‘official’ in it.

@Ninfan I was trying to make a joke, but it’s hard to describe yourself in text, isn’t it?

I know it’s not Nintendo-approved official, but why did @Octane put the word official in the title in the first place? It doesn’t really matter, but I’ve always been curious.

Octane

@BabyYoshi12 Because it's approved by me. And my approval is more important than Nintendo's. If you don't believe me, ask me, and I'll tell you it is.

Octane

Maaryotyme

@BabyYoshi12 don't let thread titles stress you. You can start a thread and name it according to you. Official or not he could have wrote soffical or even mofficial. It was up to the op.

Maaryotyme

BabyYoda71

@La-weejee Yeah, it doesn’t matter, but I’m just a curious person who wonders about everything. Well, thanks to @Octane for the explanation!

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone still collect for the Gamecube? I started a while back, but stopped very quickly. I still have my original console and around 15 games. Any suggestions on where to start? I was going to look over some of the "best of" lists and pick out a few titles, maybe look at some of the PAL exclusives too.

MarioBrickLayer

Ninfan

@MarioBrickLayer you can get some good prices for gamecube games on AMAZON and the game is always in got condition .

Ninfan

Cynas

@MarioBrickLayer What types of games do you typically like? The Gamecube has a great selection of games from a pretty wide variety of Nintendo franchises and plenty of great third party games as well.
If you enjoy JRPGs, one of my personal favorites is the Baten Katios series, specifically Baten Kaitos Origins. It's a pretty niche series with card combat so you might not be a fan, but I really love it.
Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine are both of my favourite Zelda and Mario games, respectively. Although the HD version of Wind Waker is definitely the definitive version, and we'll be getting Sunshine on the Switch in a few days.

Some other personal favourites include:
Chibi-Robo
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Tales of Symphonia
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Metroid Prime 1 + 2
Pikmin 1 + 2
Animal Crossing
Zelda: Collector's Edition

Some other great games include:
Luigi's Mansion, Beyond Good and Evil, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Super Monkey Ball 1+2, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness Sanity's Reqium, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Party 4-7, Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Colosseum, WarioWare, Mario Kart Double Dash, Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby Air Ride, Simpsons Hit and Run, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, Ikagura, Star Fox Assault, F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur 2, Timesplitters 2, Viewtiful Joe.

Those are the ones that come to mind right now. Ultimately collecting Gamecube games is pretty expensive, so be careful of what you're getting into. Plenty of the games I listed are $100 or more, although some are fairly cheap.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

gcunit

@MarioBrickLayer 'Best of' lists are a great place to start, just because they always tend to make for an engaging read - bite-sized summaries that whet the appetite. I also use metacritic a fair amount to get a sense of the best received games and patterns within the slate of reviewers for a particular game.

I've been consciously growing my GameCube collection for a year or two. But I've reached the point where I have pretty much what I set out to get. I've got about 125 games, 5 different colours of GameCube console and enough controllers to see me through to the end of my days.

The thing with the GameCube is that there's not really much debate about the best games to have. I reckon if 10 people drew up a list of 50 they'd all be broadly similar. Ninfan gave their list back on about Page 13 I think of you wanna check it out. Plus Nintendo Life published the site's top 50 ranking a few months back too. Cynas' post just before mine captures much of the typically considered desirable GameCube games.

What I'd recommend to you is gonna depend on what you've already got and what you're hoping to achieve, and your budget of course, and whether you're looking for CiB or just the discs etc.

But as a Mario fan (I assume, going by your username) you absolutely should make sure you have the 4 Mario sports games - golf, strikers, tennis, baseball (PAL version of this is notably more expensive than the others). Plus you should check out SSX on Tour because you can play as Mario or Luigi.

Paper Mario is pretty much an essential for a Nintendo/Mario/GameCube fan, but a PAL CiB copy will cost a fair amount currently, unless you get lucky. It was a £50-60 game on eBay a year ago (roughly) but currently I'm seeing auctions go to £90-100.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Blooper987

Some of The GameCube games I own

Super Mario Sunshine: Overall a pretty good game. I’ll admit it’s not the greatest with repetitive side mission and somewhat janky physics, but it’s still an enjoyable time. FLUDD adds an interesting bit of extra pizzazz that makes it stand out from the others. Delfino Plaza is also a great hub world and most of the levels are really well designed. Sadly though they aren’t very “open-world”. Each separate mission is linear and there’s little crossover between them.

Super Smash Bro’s. Melee: A great fighting game that is fun with friends. Great stage diversity and some of the best single player content in the series. Events, adventure mode, all star mode, character-specific target test. There are a few too many clones and the game isn’t very well balanced, but it is an excellent addition to only GameCube collection.

Paper Mario: TTYD: What can I say that hasn’t been said. Everything but the backtracking is perfect. Perfect characters! Perfect stories! Perfect locations! Perfect battle system! Best game in the series and a must have for Mario fans.

I also have Animal Crossing, Kirby Air Ride, Sonic Adventure DX, and Super Monkey Ball. They’re all great games too but I got tired of writing.

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Anti-Matter

I only have :
1. Harvest Moon Magical Melody. Playing as Girl and getting married with Blue, Basil and Kurt (1 Save data for Not married yet, 3 Save Datas with 3 different husbands).
They are so cute and handsome in Chibi looking. 😍
2. The Sims Bustin' Out. First time played on PS2 version with pirated disc and modded PS2 but now i have the Original disc Gamecube version and played on my Wii. The closest thing i could experience with The Sims 1 PC version on console despite with its limitations.
3. Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2. I bought this game due to Boxing Kangaroo character as i like Boxing. It was very decent 3D platformer like Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

porto

@Blooper987 lol I have that sometimes too. I have all this positive energy in writing something but I get halfway through and I realize I'm really lazy... Makes me wonder how NEStalgia has the patience for some of his text walls.

(Only a joke, don't hurt me please)

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic