Forums

Topic: Adventure Vs. Haunted House! Which Atari 2600 Game did You like Better?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Turbo_Genesis_64

This is the war of all wars! This is the big World War III.

In one corner, we have "Adventure" the first action-adventure game of all time and it was also the first game to have a hidden "easter egg!"

In the other corner, we have "Haunted House" the first horror survival game!

So which of these early classics is your favorite?

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Corbs

Haunted House hands down.

Plain old gamer :)

Turbo_Genesis_64

Thanks for the first comment Corbie!

You got to admit that Adventure isn't too shabby either.

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

blackknight77

Does anyone know how to play Adventure? I have no clue what to do in that game. So far I know I am the square. I found an arrow, a seahorse/dragon, and a purple bridge. Other than that I am lost
Corbie or Turbo Genesis help me out please

Edited on by blackknight77

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Philip_J_Reed

I never liked Adventure as a kid.

Honestly, I never liked Haunted House either, but I played it more frequently (loved the spinning eyeballs when you died) and the AVGN pointed out in his review that your character is actually Meatwad so I guess I'll go with that one.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Turbo_Genesis_64

Yes, Tony I have won Adventure!

The point of the game is too bring the Golden Chalice back to the Gold Castle. You of course need color coded keys to enter each castle. The sword kills the ducks and the bridge lets you go through walls. Hope that helps.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

Corbs

Yeah I like both games, I just much prefer Haunted House.

Plain old gamer :)

blackknight77

Ok I did not know the bridge let you go through walls. I guess I need to restart this one

the_shpydar

Wow, tough call. I guess i'd say Adventure, but it's way close as I absolutely loved Haunted House as a kid. Each and every one of the sound effects is tatooed on my brain. Then again, so are the pick-up-item and drop-item sounds from Adventure!

@TG64: Made me laugh when you mentioned "ducks"; that's what how we always jokingly referred to them as too! Also, after you kill one, we always thought their corpse looked like a old microscope (yes, weird, i know)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Turbo_Genesis_64

I love both of these games. So picking a favorite is so hard. Haunted House might have the edge because I think it's cool how it keeps track of how many times you use your lantern.

Turbo_Genesis_64

Any improvement Tony?

blackknight77

Actually I did not back to Adventure yet but I did start playing Haunted House. Not bad for a 2600 game. I had to pull up an FAQ while playing the game on Gametap. It helped out a lot to know that I was supposed to assemble a urn and leave the mansion.
I'll go back to Adventure soon and try it again.

Edit: Its pretty cool how the 2600 pulls of a thunderstorm and lighting

Edited on by blackknight77

Turbo_Genesis_64

Haunted House is a great game and its charm is rare.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.