Forums

Topic: 1990 Batman arcade game!

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

EvilRegal

I don't usually create new threads, but I think the 1990 Batman arcade game by Atari deserves one. Sadly, I never actually played it, and my never get to play it (being a licensed product that would likely never get a VC, etc. release). However, I've watched YouTube videos of it, and it's AMAZING for it's day! Great digitized graphics, and the game is so faithful to the 1989 Batman film! Digitized voice clips, pictures from the movie, and my God the music! Taken directly from Danny Elfman's score (one of my favorite scores of all time from my favorite composer) so beautifully!

After Batman Returns, one of the best Super NES games period, I'm curious what Konami could have done with the original's game adaptation. It would've been hard to top Atari's, though! This make me wish there had been some video game attempt at Chris Nolan's Batman films too, despite the timing coinciding with the Arkham games.

Did anybody ever play this at the arcade, or home versions? Love to hear what you guys think!

So, ladies and gentlemen, LET'S BROADEN OUR MINDS! Laurence! (no, this is not where Prince's Partyman plays, this is where the video starts ).

Wait 'till they get a load of me!!!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

JGMR

Yes! I remember that arcade game, played it a couple of times back in 1992. I was quite impressed by it's graphics, SFX and music I remember. Atari made quite interesting arcade games during the early nineties (The revolutionary Pit Fighter was not one of 'em though). Batman Returns for the Atari Lynx was also quite good I think.

With kind regards,

JGMR

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.