Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,481 to 9,500 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@Ralizah There's actually tons of kid-friendly games on Xbox, if you look at all current and older, backwards compatible titles, so you're looking at hundreds of suitable titles. And far as I know, Slime Rancher is exclusive to Xbox and PC, so it does count.

The reason I specifically highlighted the Kinect stuff is to show that there actually are several uber-cute games to be found on Xbox, so cute even that it spontaneously melts the enamel off of your teeth...

@Zuljaras True enough. But you see that all the time nowadays, also in article comments sections:
"well, I don't like/hate this game, so it's not for me". Well, then why post a reaction? It's just today's normal,
I suppose...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ralizah

@ThanosReXXX

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2293-CUSA11587_...

It's on PS4.

There are a lot of third-party multiplat games like that on Xbox, but almost nothing exclusive, aside from, as you pointed out, certain Kinect games, and maybe one or two other small games like that. And the Kinect ones won't be BC on Series X, since Microsoft is cutting Kinect support completely.

I do happen to think that Microsoft really needs a premium, exclusive 3D platformer to compete. PS5 is getting multiple, by the looks of it. Nintendo has Mario Odyssey and some smaller ones. It blows my mind that Microsoft is doing nothing with the Banjo-Kazooie IP, personally.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThanosReXXX

@Ralizah Ah, okay. Figures that I wouldn't know that, seeing as I don't own any of Sony's consoles, so I don't keep up with any related news either.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter So good of you to actually react to my entire post, instead of trying to be a smarty pants...

Ralizah

So I think where I'm at with Microsoft is this:

I want to play Rare Replay. I want to replay some of my 360 games, but I HATE the 360 controller. I want access to GamePass. And, most importantly, I want a more powerful system than the PS4 to play Cyberpunk 2077 (was originally going to play on my PC, but it requires Windows 10, and I am NOT upgrading to that OS for the sake of one game).

So, if it's cheapish ($349.99 or so would be perfect, I think) and has a disc drive, I can see myself grabbing a Series S this holiday. Otherwise, I might try to see if I can pick up an Xbox One X in a sale, since retailers will likely want to reduce their stock of a discontinued device going into the holiday season.

ThanosReXXX

@Ralizah What's wrong with the Xbox 360 controller?

Ralizah

@ThanosReXXX It's one of the more uncomfortable controllers I've ever held. The triggers feel like they weren't designed for use with a human hand. The plastic on my 360 controllers feels... cheap. The D-Pad is practically unusable for 2D games.

I've only handled the Xbone pad once or twice, but it's far sleeker, and while I'm not a fan of the D-Pad placement, the D-Pad itself is basically fine.

That was also the gen with the DS3 and the Wiimote, so not a great gen for controllers all-around. It was a solid improvement over the OG Xbox's controller, at least.

Edited on by Ralizah

Zuljaras

@Ralizah I always thought that the cheapest looking/feeling controller is the PS3 one.

Xbox One and PS4 are on the same level for me. Then it is the 360 and last is the Switch given that I have not yet invested in Switch Pro controller.

Ralizah

@Zuljaras I've never actually played a PS3, so that's highly possible. Controllers sucked all-around that gen. Even the Wii Classic Controller feels terrible in the hand.

BruceCM

If the Series S exists, isn't it supposed to be all-digital .... ? I'd expect them to launch 2 versions of Series X, like PS5 but not convinced they'd want to do something like the S at launch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Ralizah Really? Wow, I couldn't disagree more. Besides the GameCube controller, I find the Xbox 360 controller to be the best one I've ever used. I can easily reach those triggers, and I don't really have big hands or anything, so I wonder what you meant with that part. As for the Xbox One controller being far sleeker: as an owner of both consoles, I honestly don't see that, when comparing from all sides.

The only thing that makes it slightly less bulky, is the now built-in battery compartment, which on the Xbox 360 controller obviously was sticking out more, but that's about it. The prongs/handles are the same size, stick and button placement is similar, as are the triggers and buttons, so I can quite comfortably use both of them.

I have no problem with the feel of the plastic either. But eh... to each their own, I suppose, so if you don't feel the same, then fair enough.

Personally, if I would have to put a "feels cheap" label on any controllers, then it would probably be the Classic controller for the Wii, and the Pro Controller for the Wii U, because those feel extremely light. But even those don't classify as bad controllers for me.

Agreed on the D-pad, though. Although with the later, deluxe editions of the controller, you had the interchangeable clickable D-pad, which is already a big improvement.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Wargoose

@ThanosReXXX I'm in the same boat with the Xbox one controller, it's too heavy and bulky. I don't find it comfy at all. My wife has it worse, it makes her wrist sound like a cement mixer. They could do with making a smaller version for people with smaller hands

The triggers on the PS4 controller suck, but apart from that I much prefer the dual shock to the Xbox controller.

Wargoose

Ralizah

@Wargoose So I take it you were never a big of the original Xbox's controller, eh?

I'm really not happy with the changes to the PS5's controller, personally. It seems far bulkier and less curvy than the DS4.

ThanosReXXX

@Wargoose He didn't complain about the Xbox One controller, though...

Wargoose

@Ralizah Oh yeah, I only played the original Xbox briefly at a friend's house, and the Xbox one controller is definitely an improvement on that.

I've got an Xbox one, I like what they're doing with backwards compatibility and stuff like that. However seeing the new Xbox still using that controller is definitely in the con column for me personally.

I'm currently using the Wii U Pro controller on the Switch, via an 8bitdo receiver. I might look into something similar with the next gen consoles. As controllers ain't cheap

Wargoose

ThanosReXXX

@Wargoose I only do that on Saturdays...

Ralizah

@Wargoose I've been doing the same re: Wii U Pro, considering I refuse to pay $65+ for a controller when I have a perfectly good one that, lack of rumble or gyro aside, is perfectly functional for almost every game I play when docked.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic