Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 5,221 to 5,240 of 6,055

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean I'm American, from California. I just live in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, to be exact). I got taken abroad by my parents when I was 9, and I'm 48 now. Got a Dutch passport, though, so I'm what they call a "naturalized" immigrant, over here...

Weather over here now is still considerably mild, but after today, things are expected to take a sharp dive into regular autumn weather, so I guess it'll be rain and storms, but we'll see...

(comment edited twice for clarity's sake... )

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel is that just the only Xbox 360 game you own, or also the only Xbox 360 game you know?

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BlueOcean

It's absolutely criminal if any of us, Nintendo boys in our childhood, don't have Rare Replay.

EDIT: @ThanosReXXX California? I wouldn't mind going there either!

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Yosheel

@ThanosReXXX I think it had about three or two more games!

We had more games, but my brother took them with him and I only managed to rescue that one. Not that I played any of the others.

Another game I liked was A Kingdom For Keflings. I got the sequel on WiiU but the original didn't come out there.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Or just financially inconvenient, at the moment. This past month, I've bought the digital version of Black (still have the original disc, but didn't want to keep that in the drive all the time to be able to play it on the Xbox One), paid for my avatar/account name change to make it the same across all consoles, bought a bunch of Wii U games on sale (six in total), bought a 4TB external hard drive for the Xbox One, bought a 1TB external hard drive for the Xbox 360, bought the deluxe Forza Horizon 2 bundle for Xbox One, and I've bought the Blizzard Mountain expansion for Forza Horizon 3, which was the only expansion that I didn't have yet, for that game.

All in all, I've spent several hundreds of euros, so time to pull the brakes and do some more useful things with what's left of last month's income...

DarthNocturnal

I actually never played the Banjo games or Perfect Dark until their 360 release.

I played the living crap outta the Banjo games though. I'm missing just one achievement in Banjo-Kazooie (which I could probably get easily with an hour or so of dedication), and I mastered Tooie. Even got all the Stop N Swop II items (useless though they may now be).

I'm also one of the few people on this planet that actually likes Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

I still need to beat Perfect Dark though.

EDIT: Actually, 360 re-releases and Rare Replay provided me with my first playthroughs of many non-Nintendo IP Rare games.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I actually never played the Banjo games or Perfect Dark until their 360 release.

I played the living crap outta the Banjo games though. I'm missing just one achievement in Banjo-Kazooie (which I could probably get easily with an hour or so of dedication), and I mastered Tooie. Even got all the Stop N Swop II items (useless though they may now be).

I'm also one of the few people on this planet that actually likes Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

I still need to beat Perfect Dark though.

EDIT: Actually, 360 re-releases and Rare Replay provided me with my first playthroughs of many non-Nintendo IP Rare games.

Same here, I got all the achievements and items in Banjo-Tooie. Could it be that the only achievement that is left in Banjo-Kazooie is for completing all of Bottles's puzzles? Because that's my case. Nuts & Bolts is enjoyable once you accept that it's not a platforming game. You feel so good when you create a new vehicle that is more efficient. You can get really creative in this game, and that's the best thing about it. Perfect Dark is so cool.

@ThanosReXXX I edited the last comment. I will never forget my first time with Rare Replay playing remastered versions of my childhood games (N64) with the awesome elite controller in my hands and, most of all, trying to get used to the A B X Y different layout compared to most Nintendo consoles (B A Y X) which is quite confusing but at the end makes more sense on the Xbox controller. I think that Nintendo layout is backwards because in Japan they read from right to left.

There are enemies in Grabbed by the Ghoulies that require you to press the buttons that appear on screen very quickly, I don't know how I completed the game 100% because I grew up with the A and X buttons on the right and the B and Y buttons on the left. It is underrated but I suspect that it plays much better on Xbox One in 60 fps (at least the Rare Replay version) than on the original console at 30 fps. It's quite challenging but also rewarding and fun and has a nice art style, especially the environments. It's very "arcadey". Some of the old games are also quite interesting and playable with the rewind feature. Viva Piñata is one of the nicest games I've ever played, it's really fulfilling. Rare Replay is like a gaming museum and it's presented as such.

[EDIT: corrections]

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal

@BlueOcean

Haha yep. I think I did one or two puzzles. It'll always be sitting there, waiting for me to do it, so no rush.

I actually got all the base game achievements in N&B as well. Someday, I might see about getting L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges done.

NEStalgia

Hmm, x0 and 360 bc games..... You've touched on the top picks already.

Jade empire: biowares best rpg after baldurs gate series.

Knights of the old republic 1 and 2: finally a star wars story that doesn't suck!

Jet set radio. Seriously, the best thing sega ever made.

Mass effect 1. Less story driven than 2 and 2, and way worse gunplay, but it was a legit RPG unlike 2 and 3.

Ac1, of course.

Dragon age trilogy. (Origins is best on pc by far, as it was designed as a baldurs gate successor, but servicable on console.)

Rdr1. Have to mention it since 2 is a week away....

There's so many more i can't think of of the top of my head.

Edit oh and republic commando was a legit shooter and decent sw story. Still better than the. Prequel films anyway.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I don't own an Xbox or a 360; and I'm not even sure what's available on the Xbox One at the moment. I feel like most last gen games have gotten remasters as well.

Octane

NEStalgia

Wow. Xbl licence access is down again. Can't access my digital games again. It was up 20 min ago, then poof "issues happen sometimes, were aware of the issue and are working to restore it"

What is up with xbl this week? Third outage.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Now playing: knack 2. Blues going to have a field day with this . Not my choice, i was going to play tes:o and see if it still confuses me but no, Microsoft decided I'm playing knack 2 after 2.5 hours of reinstalling and troubleshooting games only to find out it's their end again...

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

Odd. I was able to play BLOPS4, and that's a digital purchase. The ingame store was noticeably blank (Fortnite did the same thing last night), which was probably related. But no complete lockout of my games...

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal interesting. For me the store is empty, and game launches give that patronizing "stuff happens" type error. Website now lists the outage as well. (It didn't for a while but the console had the outage specific message.)

People complain about nso for $20. "Nintendo online is a joke next to psxb!" ..... Guess who hasnt been down two nights in a row this week? Nso

Edit: it seems like it's back up now. 15 years and xbox has few outages. I buy a One and it goes down daily, the week after hdd support is broken. . Apparently my pc curse isn't just related to pcs. I knew i shouldn't have stolen that Aztec gold as a child...

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

DarkRula

Re: Backwards Compatibility
Nothing wrong with the Battlefront series as it was under Pandemic. The first has quite a few good maps that never made it to the second, but lacks a sprint option and can feel pretty basic with just conquest as a mode. The second makes quite a lot of improvements - including adding space battles, playable heroes, a proper campaign and fleshing out Galactic Conquest. Even with EA's second attempt, many still hold the Pandemic version as the best game, and I'm with them on that. Although it's probably better to get the second on Steam and get a mod that adds in the maps from the first. Also, despite the little playtime I have with it, Republic Commando is a must with solid gameplay and good story.
I haven't branched out much more than that in terms of OG Xbox games. Just the Star Wars ones.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

BlueOcean

@DarthNocturnal Same here, I got everything in Nuts & Bolts, that sure takes a long while, except The Lost Challenges which I haven't completed. Man, they are so hard and haven't invested much time on them anyway. It is satisfying to get the trophies in the regular game once you have more building pieces and the game has taught you how to become a better "engineer". It's amazing.

About 360 games (on Xbox One), I have lots but I haven't played many, so these are the few that I have played and that I highly recommend (in alphabetical order):

Assassin's Creed: I enjoyed this game quite much for the visuals and the gameplay.
Fable Anniversary: I really loved this game. The soundtrack, art style, script, interactions, gameplay... The camera and menus take some time to get used to. I learnt later that you don't have to use menus as much, thank heaven, but the D-pad, where recommended actions pop up. One of my favourite 360 games without any doubt.
Rare Replay: a wonderful collection of Spectrum, NES, N64, arcade and 360 games.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: It plays better on Xbox One and it's one of my favourite racing games ever.
Sonic Generations: It's the best 3D Sonic game that I have played.

There are others that I haven't played on Xbox One yet but on other consoles like Tomb Raider Legend (on GameCube).

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

@thanosrexxx @grumblevolcano So my week in gaming (returning to the bad luck thread:)
Thursday: Find out my Sniper 3 install is corrupt....needs to be redownloaded. It starts, but crashes after the menu.
Friday: Get OS update on box 1 and the HDDs go crazy.
Saturday: Get OS update on box 2 and the HDDs go crazy
Sunday: Stay up waaay too long troubleshooting potential HDD damage
Monday: Same
Tuesday: Go to play co-op Wildlands with someone, it's not working. Troubleshoot for an hour or more, try to figure out HDD issues as probably related....network test says services are up....eventually discover services are down.... Go play BLOPS3 on PS.

Wednesday: Finally settle down to enjoy something. Go to try out TES:O one more time to see how I really feel about it at all. Go to start it, and it says it's not installed. HDD says it is. It also says it hasn't updated since June 6. The other one has an update from Oct 3. Reboot a few times mess with drives, finally delete it and redownload all 90GB. It fails to download. Over and over. it won't even start. No error, just says it failed. So I set it to put it on the other HDD....ok now it works. Redownload. So I start it up. It tells me Summerset isn't active for my account. Huh? I bought the summerset bundle! That's what it is! It was a preorder in june! I realize summerset is installed on both drives still. I unsintall all the DLC packs from the one drive, and the new drive, and reinstall on the new. Now that works. OK login. "account invalid"..huh? I started playing before! Try again...nope....create an account....it accepts it as a new account. Huh? (20 minutes in browser later) Whatever. Character creation time. Working on the build. 503 disconnected due to idle. Can't reconnect. Network test says it's fine. Exit game and restart "stuff happens, we're down, stfu." Ok...so that's not happening today.

Then after playing a little Knack II to calm down to the point of not being able to bend steel with my mind, I remember JaxonH's warning about the physical Switch Starlink bundle....I check mine....yup....no game in the box. Now I have to ship it back I suppose.

That's an average luck week for me. Some weeks are much worse.

rjejr is positively perky next to me

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Saw your edit, and personally, I also like Grabbed by the Ghoulies. In fact, I still have the original disc. But recommending it, is another thing altogether, because in general, the game does kinda fall into the acquired taste category. But Rare Replay is most definitely still on my to-buy list.

@Octane Oops! My bad. I added you to the list because I remembered coming across you in this thread a couple of times, so I kinda assumed that you did own one or the other. Never mind, then.

@NEStalgia I can honestly say that I have never met or heard of ANYONE in the entire world, with more issues with his Xboxen than you, so you seem to have an ENORMOUS stroke of bad luck or something, because I can't even seem to come close to explaining any of what's going on there, in a logical fashion.

Over here, there were never any online outages either, so that might be a US-only thing(?)

NEStalgia wrote:

rjejr is positively perky next to me

Indeed, I'm slowly beginning to notice the scales tipping in his favor...

Ah, just kidding. Another discussion, some stuff gets heated, it happens. Most of it, I've already forgotten the very next day, so you're forgiven...

You liking Knack, however....

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I tried coming up with other last gen games that are worth replaying, and haven't been remastered, but there's not much I can think of. Part of the reason why I dropped out of gaming last gen; at least, I hardly played any new releases. All I remember is a bunch of brown and grey shooters

Octane

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL yeah that's why I tagged grumble, it extends from a conversation in the XC2 thread. I bonded 70-something random blades, and not a single one of them had electric element, a required element for several points in the game. Most other people got them in the beginning of the game. And then after I was finally ready to break something after days, I get 3 in a row. Then one quest near the beginning of the game to get 20 pieces of ivy or something, I hit all the collection points over and over and over for days, then weeks, and never got the pieces I needed Grumble pointed out I have the worst luck in the world....something about that being the equivialent of playing Mario Part, always using Bowser Dice, and getting -3 coins every turn. My Xbox luck just extends that

It's not just the one thing. Yesteday was a compounding of the HDD,s bad luck with a corrupt install in June, then a problem with reinstalling it, then a problem with Bethesda.com accounts, finally the XBL service going down. But it's not just XBox because the missing game in the box was for my Switch copy of Starlink. It's not bad XBox luck. I'm just a magnet for ill omens. That's just the gaming bad luck, excluding real life!

I have terrible luck, but weird bad luck. Basically, I'm the sort that if I were walking down the street while a piano was being hoisted to a third floor window, I would pass under the piano, and it would not fall on me. Because I will instead have been hit in the face by pidgin poop, which would send me flying into the street, causing me to scratch a Ferrari parked there which may or may not cause a lawsuit only to get lucky and find out a bus ran into it in that same spot of the Ferrari moments later, so I'm safe, but then I'd trip over the curb, rip up my knee, while the piano drops feet away. I'd think I'm lucky to have escaped, but find that's the spot I dropped my phone when the bird pooped on me and it has now been crushed. I expect that situation daily.

Oh yeah, I assumed the outages were US specific. And it wasn't full outage in theory, it was game licensing, store (including GwG however), downloads, etc. And somehow it messes up ESO interaction with Bethesda.

Haha, I make no apologies, I've always liked Knack! It was the ONLY worthwhile game at PS4's launch

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic