Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 4,921 to 4,940 of 8,541

BlueOcean

NEStalgia wrote:

@Banjos_Backpack absolutely. I think the big problem, to me with online is, aside from the general toxicity of Internet dwellers (seriously would you want an audio version of the Nintendo Life comments?

This is the best thing you've ever written. I like Nintendo Life but I think I have over 20 ignored users. Some people here are nut.

NEStalgia wrote:

I'm not a social gamer even though I can't shut up here

Please stop. You are making sense now.

BlueOcean

SuperGhirahim64

@BlueOcean true, we are a rare breed of human kindness aren't we? 😎

It's good to hear a text wheel is in SoT. I'd definitely use that and like yourself, I like hearing the game, not some random bunch of people talking trash.

Single player is pretty light on Mario Kart alright, especially if you've to play 50cc first like on the Wii U. I'm pretty handy on Mario Kart. Mario Kart 7 was a great achievement to get 3 stars in each Grand Prix. There was a hidden rule system, including avoiding getting hit so many times each race even if you come first by many miles. It doesn't matter if you get hit by spiny shells and there's nothing you can do. I love competing online in Mario Kart. I have a special place for MK64 but MK8D - I couldn't ask for anymore. Id suggest they'll try the ultimate route with MK much like smash next entry.

Hmm, die and it's not your fault? Sounds like an injury claim line, and not one I'm fond of in real life or when I'm gaming. I will have to research but thank you both

So... Xbox... Lol

Why choose from a range of great characters like Wario, Waluigi or Baby Luigi, when you have all green jelly Luigi and Toadette. Why have regular Toad and Toadette or another character when you can have a blue or yellow dressed Toad? 😵

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@NEStalgia

SoT is at it's best with 3-4 players on a crew. Assuming you have a good crew. I don't recommended random matchmaking in it's current state. No filters based on progress.

I disagree. Part of the magic is playing with people that have more or less experience than you. Experience doesn't really matter in this game. I prefer a good player who is new than an experience player who is not nice. The filter I have seen is I see that you are not legendary and I quit, but some legendary players have helped me a lot not asking for anything in return, that is nice.

When I played Monster Hunter Tri I was one of the best players because I played that game so much and I didn't mind helping other people that were a lower level, in that game level matters but also there was matchmaking by range of levels.

BlueOcean

BlueOcean

@Banjos_Backpack

Yes, it is hard, but I also got the 3 stars on all Mario Kart games on every cup (and mission), except 200cc in Mario Kart 8. I am proud of that and I haven't played 200cc much anyway. However playing online I realise I don't use all the shortcuts that people use.

I have to admit that Fortnite is full of children and teenagers, I ALWAYS feel like a big brother and have to say things like "behave", "watch your mouth", etc. I don't think I've ever played with someone over 16 on there, although I know they play, they probably pretend to not have a headset. The funny thing is that I only started playing because I became a friend of a Sea of Thieves player that invited me to play Fortnite and that was recently when the season 5 had already started.

So, Xbox... LOL

By the way, when are you going to get an Xbox One or Xbox Two for Rare Replay and company?

BlueOcean

SuperGhirahim64

@BlueOcean it's a tough feat. Like any Mario game, people don't realise how difficult the later stages actually are and they skill they require. Online doesn't seem to provide 200cc, it's always 150 or 100. The trick to 200cc is to prepare your turning extra early. Other than that it's just the same but faster, which I'm all for.

I tried Fortnite but I honestly found it boring. After having tried it, hearing every child ever talk about it, and sports people who I suspect are sponsored to mention it, make me cringe and put me more off it.

I doubt I will get an Xbox one (or two) until Rare release a decent single player game like their N64 titles. So we could be waiting a while! If I got a good deal on Xbox one X I'd go for it for SoT. I already have Rare Replay strangely. I got it for watching Xbox at E3 through some Microsoft stream. I have to get an X though. I've a HDR TV so there's not much point getting anything but it is there?

Why choose from a range of great characters like Wario, Waluigi or Baby Luigi, when you have all green jelly Luigi and Toadette. Why have regular Toad and Toadette or another character when you can have a blue or yellow dressed Toad? 😵

BlueOcean

@Banjos_Backpack So you have an HDR TV and a Rare Replay digital copy courtesy of Microsoft for watching E3 on Mixer... Oh, those things -and Sea of Thieves- are crying out for an X!

I also suspect that sports people and young actors are paid for mentioning Fortnite, because I can't believe they genuinely post on Twitter "I am going to play Fortnite at 20pm, join me!". Not that I use Twitter much but I have read that and it's a bit weird. However I like when they do the Fortnite dances because they are joyful and funny.

I will let you know how I deal with 200cc...

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

SuperGhirahim64

@BlueOcean yep, that's the one. Just no Xbox one or sea of Thieves as of yet! 😎

I'd second your perspective there. At the world cup, even now, footballers are doing the dances from it. It screams sponsorship to me. the amount of them doing it, it must be. I even seen one footballer streaming Fortnite! 🤦

DarthNocturnal

@BlueOcean

“Good“ assumes both good teamwork and attitude. Although the latter can be hard to read when you don't use a headset.

I'm not against teaching and playing with new players (although I can't teach when I don't use a headset, and text chat still isn't in the XB1 version). But I consider it a rare, lucky occurrence when I can have fun and get stuff done with matchmade crews.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

dew12333

I went EGX gameshow this week and was given two emblem codes for Destiny 2.

No use to me, does anyone want them?

dew12333

Dezzy

Damn, Forza Horizon 4 is sitting at 92 on metacritic. Even higher than the last one.

That series are the best exclusives Xbox has at the moment.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Change your statement from "my point was to argue the business case for it (medium to long term)" to "my point was to argue the business case for it (short to medium term)", and we have a deal.
No full term coattail riding of S and X, where Scarlett is concerned. I just can't see that happening, in any scenario, unless Microsoft wants another dent in its armor...

NEStalgia wrote:

...even though I can't shut up here

Now THERE's something we can fully agree on, Captain Text Wall...

@dew12333 Any idea what they're good for? I might just be interested.

@Dezzy Nice numbers, and most definitely deserved, from what we've seen and heard so far, and yes, definitely one of the better (if not must-have) series on the Xbox.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

dew12333

@ThanosReXXX
They appear to be in game emblems, it says that once you have entered the code on bungie.net/redeem then "your reward will be available from the emblem collection of the vault"

Hope that helps, and I have two of them.

dew12333

ThanosReXXX

@dew12333 So, they're kinda like a loot box? No way of knowing beforehand what's in there?
(or in this case, what the emblems do or give)
Think I'll pass then, since I'm not playing that much anymore, so probably better to give them to someone who will make better use of them.

Nice of you to offer things to other people on here, though.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@dew12333 I might be picking up Forsaken for X1 after the Sony freebie tempted me but doesn't include the new stuff, but undecided yet. Oh well (Then again the existence of "emblem codes" scares me away from wanting to try )

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX BTW, I'll take a raincheck on the rest of the debate, limited time for a big essay for today

@Banjo & Blue LOL! You guys had me laughing so hard on the voice chat comments! Also, Xenoblade is polarizing but if it clicks, it clicks. It's trial and error, but don't listen to Blue about Xenoblade. He has excellent taste in controller ergonomics but terrible taste in games He doesn't even like "those single-player Japanese games!"

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

A Forza Horizon 4 focused Inside Xbox stream is happening in just about 45 minutes from the time of this post. Possibly some new reveals and stuff.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Or just bury that rain check. At this point, we're more or less going around in circles concerning certain points, and if you cross off the parts that we do agree on, then there's still one or two things left, that we just see differently, so I guess it's better to agree to disagree on those, for now, and let time tell who's business instinct was actually right all along.

So, without further ado, bye bye discussion, and time for ThanosReXXX's latest "I'm not going to spend any more money on consoles, because reasons" update:

I finally caved after constantly being harassed by my Xbox One about the storage space shortage, and it has come to such a point that it annoyed me so much, that I've decided to make one more purchase (yeah, right... ) and I bought this little gizmo:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Game-Drive-Xbox-Special/dp/B07...
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DarthNocturnal

Xbox One S Fortnite bundle. Comes with the “Eon“ item set and 2k Vbucks.

Twice denied.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic