Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 6,875

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, I wouldn't go so far to say that they could do a TON more with it. They could spruce it up a little bit more, but other than that...

It already looked quite good on the Xbox 360 8 years ago, looks and plays even better on the Xbox One, AND it is an arcade racer, a genre that usually isn't subject to massive changes. Putting in too much takes away from what should be a simple, yet addictive experience.

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, that's a good game too, and it looks slightly more next gen. It is a good example of how little is/needs to be changed in this genre, though:

Arcade racers often fall into the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" category. Only few titles or new IP manage to add something to it that is actually to the benefit of the genre.

A good example of this was Split Second, and a bad example is Ridge Racer Unbounded, which changed too much and made it a rather mediocre game. I actually never saw that coming, since it was made by the excellent team that also makes the brilliant FlatOut arcade racers.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

redd214

@ThanosReXXX I don't mean features wise nesecarily. More tracks (from what I recall there weren't that many), vehicles/variety things like that. The riptide games are ok, nothing spectacular got em on sale for a few bucks and had decent time with them.

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

DarthNocturnal

I'm starting to think that I'm definitely going to just pass on Crew 2 until maybe Deluxe or Gold goes on sale. I might as well just go straight for Horizon 4. And someone at MS must've finally looked up what “Ultimate“ means in the dictionary, because Forza 4 Ultimate actually comes with everything (or at least, most things). 3 never seems to want to make it easier/ cheaper to buy it and it's expacs...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

redd214

Speaking of Horizon 4 seems at least part of the car list has leaked. I'm sure they'll have more by release, seems like a really well rounded list

https://www.gtplanet.net/reddit-user-uncovers-partial-car-lis...

@DarthNocturnal if you're going to wait anyways really no point in getting anything but the standard version. Outside of early access and some in game discounts the deluxe/gold really don't seem to add to much value this time around. I was fully planning on getting the gold but settled for the standard, saved some cash😊

Edited on by redd214

Grumblevolcano

I haven't finished Horizon 3 yet so I'm skipping Horizon 4 for the time being.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Looking at SkyDrift, it actually makes me think of Sonic Transformed's flying sections. I'll give Crew 2 that the planes are more about stunt acrobatics than about pure racing, which is cool (still arcade handling, not sim handling.) That's the only thing that makes me still pay attention to Crew 2 though. It otherwise feels like a disjointed mishmash. They still have a few months to tie it together better though.

I tested out Titanfall 2 yesterday ($6 on the big sale, yay!) and at least the intro part actually feels amazing. I was kind of shocked how cool it seemed and how well it ran. And Sunset Overdrive is still insanely hard, and really really fun. That's the only thing that keeps me interested in Spiderman for PS4....Insomniac has yet to make a game that isn't just crazy off the rails fun.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@redd214

EDIT: Whoops, you were talking about Crew 2. Yeah, I may pass on Gold unless I wait long enough for a huge discount, but otherwise, Deluxe is fine.

Hopefully I can still claim my Rewards Program vehicles in the future. They can be bought in-game, but hey, I worked for those!

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

NEStalgia

Now that I have a few years of gamepass stock piled from the half price sale, I'll be getting Horizon 4 for "free" at launch At full price it's insufficient value but for half price, it was a good buy!

@DarthNocturnal Surprised to hear even you turned off on Crew 2. Yeah, it had such potential but just feels kind of....there.... I'm not sure what made them think the Steep formula was a good idea. It was panned in that game too.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Forza Horizon 4
Standard: The game
Deluxe: The game, Car Pass, Formula Drift Car Pack
Ultimate (4 days early) : The game, Car Pass, Formula Drift Car Pack, Day 1 Car Pack, VIP, Expansion 1, Expansion 2

Forza Horizon 3
Standard: The game
Deluxe: The game, Motorsport All Stars Car Pack, VIP
Ultimate (4 days early): The game, Motorsport All Stars Car Pack, VIP, Car Pass
Not in any bundle: Expansion Pass

I don't know about you but the better Ultimate edition is obvious.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@DarthNocturnal yeah I didn't even know about those reward vehicles from the first game until a couple days ago. Was pleased to see I had em all unlocked 😊. Will definitely give you guys some impressions of full game on Friday.

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

I think part of it was just the lack of a few options in the beta. The racing line in particular. I find it helps in learning proper braking and turning. Otherwise, you just skid and lose more speed then you want. I'm just hoping it's there in the full release...

That said, the event variety is nice, and I like the open world. I haven't played Steep, so I can't say much there.

But yeah, I guess I'm just a tad unsure about jumping in day 1. So I'll hold off on it, unless something else changes my mind. Crew 1 felt like a good balance between sim and arcade, and if Crew 2 maintains this balance, I'll bite... someday.

@Grumblevolcano

MS has really struggled with the word “ultimate“. Maybe they finally picked up on what the word implies.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Hurricane had more tracks than the original Hydro Thunder, and it had a DLC pack that added even more, totaling the amount from 8 tracks to 11. Plus there was the mirror mode, and besides the races, there were the Ring Master and Gauntlet challenges, so I'd say it had more than enough variety. It was quite the improvement over the original. But of course, I'm slightly biased because I really like the game...

As for Forza Horizon 4: don't know what you consider good value, but 3 also "only" had two DLC expansions, namely the Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain expansions, and then there were ten car packs, and 6 solo car downloads, and some other stuff, like a map and horn collection download. (yes, that was an actual thing... )
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst64402_Forza-H...
http://forza.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Horizon_3/Downloadable_Content

Forza Horizon 4 is still new, so don't expect them to spill all the beans now already. There will more than likely be more content, in the months to come.

And of course, you could always wait a year for the GOTY Edition...

By the way: playing it on PC then? Or did you cave and buy another Xbox One?

@NEStalgia Yeah, the gameplay is about the same, the only difference is more "realistic" planes, and slightly more tight controls, but still an arcade racer, so similarities are bound to be there.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Just curious.
Is there any White Xbox 360 Slim USA version bundle (with or without games) ?
If bundled with games, is there any bundle came along with any Rated Everyone games (So far i know just bundled with Rated Everyone Kinect Games) ?
I have seen So Many PAL version for Xbox 360 Slim bundles but Never seen the USA Bundle.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia By the way: I did try Sunset Overdrive, and it was fun to play, but I'm not very good at the "gliding on rails and keeping my bearings correctly" thing, so I quickly lost interest, due to frustration with that.

redd214

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@redd214

By the way: playing it on PC then? Or did you cave and buy another Xbox One?

Haha, almost man. There's a deal right now for a S with Fallout 4 for $199. Not interested in Fallout but is a really killer deal! Really wish the S came in black though. Still going back and forth about the gaming PC thing. Trying to find something pre-built will good specs and good price hasn't been fruitful so far, plus I'm not really a tinkerer so still weighing pros/cons. Have until the end of the summer to really decide so we will see 😉

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 If I were you, I'd first wait and see what happens with the price of the One X. No worries about not being able to get a black version of that either...

I'm expecting the price of that to go down even more before the year is done. And it is still worth it, even if you don't have a 4K TV, because the benefits over the S are still to such an extent, that it is seriously worth considering.

As for PC's: I actually AM a tinkerer. Always build them myself, but regardless of that, I would STILL prefer consoles over a PC for comfortable (and more user friendly), quick start game playing every day.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal The event variety is the one thing that makes me want to like it. There's a thousand car racers, most of them better than Crew, but there isn't a single other car/boat/plane/offroad/monster truck/bike racer all in one. That's kind of cool. And it looks pretty. But the open world is almost a negative because they don't seem to DO anything with the world. Forza Horizon, NFS, even Crew 1 felt like you were existing in this bigger world and life was going on around you. But so far Crew 2's world feels like a generic traversal map of which there's no real value to not just fast traveling to event markers. It's not QUITE as broken as Steep. In Steep, you're on skis/snowboards, so the only direction you can go is down....why try to open world travel across the mountain when gravity won't let you? So you fast travel. Here it just seems like there's no actual fun in traveling the very lifeless world versus just jumping to events on the map menu. Crew 1 had a better "feeling" open world, more like Most Wanted meets Watch Dogs (but without the guns and skating rink physics.)

@ThanosReXXX I saw the horn options in the menu with all the DLC locks....that was embarrassing.

Still not sure how I feel about Horizon 4 being online-open world like The Crew. Just goofing around with Crew 1 it gives the world this weird feeling versus well placed AIs to see just random internet nametags jankily cruising by, weaving around, crashing into stuff like a player.....it breaks the immersion that you're racing around in this real world that's orderly and reminds you you're just on the internet with a bunch of gamers SEASONS(!!!!1) aside, I suspect 3 might be more "classic" than 4. But for free, sure I'll try it launch day

@Anti-Matter Wow, I never imagined I'd see you of all people in this thread! IIRC, they never made a white version of the Slim. The standard models of the original design were all white, so they switch to black when they launched Slim, and IIRC, the first model was glossy black, the second was matte black. They probably had a few limited edition skins based around specific games.....if they ever had a white one it probably would have been a Forza special edition, but it would also be very expensive if you found one. 360 S is long since discontinued, so you'd be looking for used either way. The "E" was the last model they made that replaced the Slim....the E was a 360 in an "XBox One" styled shell (also black to match the OG X1.) Even the PAL bundles, I imagine if you're seeing white ones, they're original/Pro/Arcade, not Slim models which was only made in black.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX

@redd214 I don't know man, in another thread yuawrite keeps telling me in a circular conversation that modern laptops run most modern games if companies go streaming only then their games all run on PCs, so they'll have a renewed focus on selling whole copies on PC, and so it'll be a big boon for everyone with a mediocre laptop to play the PC versions of those games locally in the most brick-meet-head conversation I've had here in months...so, just get that cheap laptop and you're all set to run superior versions in the all streaming world!

@ThanosRexx, I'm surprised a racing buff like you struggles with the rail grinding thing That game is SOOO arcade, like Metal Slug in 3D, I figured you'd be all over it.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter Redd & Thanos' conversation just reminded me though: The XBox 1 S comes only on white....so if games you want to run are backward compatible, that's an option (and opens up new games too.) But I'd check compatibility, so I'm guessing a lot of games you're looking for may be more niche and not on the list.

NEStalgia

redd214

@ThanosReXXX yeah The X I can be had for around $400 new pretty much all the time now. We do have 4K tvs but if I do end up going the Xbox route the S would be fine and still be within budget I want to spend this year. I should clarify I do like tinkering and building things just not tech wise. Never built a pc before and honestly just don't want to spend the time/effort learning how lol. I know it can be worth it but no something I wanna do. If we did get one though it would be position close to the TV in our game room so wouldn't be too much of a hassle to switch hdmi and play on the TV from the couch. Decisions decisions!

@NEStalgia which thread is this? Unlike many I don't have an issue with the game streaming thing as long as it works. I'm blessed and fortunate to live in an area with extremely fast/reliable broadband but I understand many don't. I prefer buying but if game streaming took off in a meaningful way I wouldn't turn my nose at it.

Edited on by redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic