Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia It varies. Almost the same mechanic as the barn finds. The easier to find ones award you only a small amount of points, whereas the more difficult to find ones will reward you with a higher score.

Spoilers if you want to rack em up quickly:
http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/forza-horizon-3-exper...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Xbox updates don't cause those problems on my Xbox One X and I play almost every day so I have no idea what you are talking about. Of course, the Switch OS is bare-bones so everyone expect it to work flawlessly. It's even more basic than Wii U's.

@NEStalgia The weird things that you talked about I haven't heard of. What you say about the system getting slower has happened just a few times to me, you need to reboot your console or turn instant-on mode off. The Xbox One OS is much more complex than Switch's or PS4's with all the built-in features including backwards compatibility, Community, etc., so if it's always on and online it can get busy, but nothing that a reboot can't solve. My controller only gets disconnected when the batteries die so I can't help you with that either. Have you tried synchronising again?

Every time that they improve the backwards compatibility the 360 games need to be updated if you want to play them but if you don't, just let them download in the background and forget about them. On Settings you can also choose if you want automatic downloads or not.

@Yosheel I bought Rare Replay before buying Xbox One.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean I think it depends on how many files (i.e. games, DLC, apps) you have on the system.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano With Game Pass, 360 games and Xbox One games I have nearly 200 games installed.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

So now I'm becoming a fighting game addict. Help. It's your fault, @Ryu_Niiyama!

For everyone else, there's some good deals on the Amazon Prime day if they're still up for digital: Sleeping Dogs, Thief, Tomb Raider, a few others under $10. A few other decent things if you don't have them for $15-30. That's one nice thing (for now) with X1 over PS4 digital. PS4 has MANY more sales with MANY more games on sale MUCH more often, but X1 has some PC-style competition between multiple key vendors with their own sales.

@BlueOcean Wow, I have Game Pass as well, and I've found I've bought many of the things i was interested in on sales (but wouldn't have had I not had them on GP, namely the Gears series, just scooped up the entire series minus 3 for a grand total of $40 between cdkeys and MS's $20 GoW4 sale.) I figure with 5 coming (to Game Pass) I might as well catch up

Injustice 1 (I will almost certainly buy it next time it's on sale. I owned it on WiiU but.....no arcade stick...)...Street Fighter IV (screw you Sony/SF.V), probably will grab Banjo after our conversation in the other thread made me want to play, and a few other things. But most of the rest of GP I either bought outright on cheap sales already, or it's old/indie stuff I'm not very interested in. Horizon 4, Crackdown 3, and Gears 5 will make it worthwhile anyway though

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ah, the entire Gears series, huh? Well, you're in for a heck of a ride. It's all a bit over the top dudebro stuff at times, but if you can see through that, and immerse yourself in the world, the story and the gameplay, then you'll have a blast.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

@NEStalgia
There are lots of good Deals with Gold if you are patient. The only games I have bought full-priced on Xbox One is Forza Horizon 3 (Ultimate) if I remember correctly and a few 360 games that are already cheaper than last generation.

My most played Game Pass game is Sea of Thieves which is new and that I wanted to buy anyway, I want to try State of Decay 2 now that it has been patched. I've never played Rocket League or Laser League and they are interesting options on Game Pass. I want to play the Gears series too and waiting for Master Chief Collection to be enhanced before completing it (I have the physical edition).

I'm serious, I don't have so much time but to have so many options is great. I also started playing Fortnite (looks and performs great on X) recently because of a younger friend made me try it, the genre is a mix of Goldeneye 007 multiplayer and Minecraft. I need to learn how to build properly.

I have so many options, some of them almost free, that I haven't regret for a second getting the Xbox One X and the Elite controller.

By the way if you guys want the Elite controller (the best controller I have ever used) or an external HDD for your console or an SD for your Switch make sure to check Amazon Prime Day.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I still have to give SoT a try again...just couldn't get into it the first time through.

I love the Elite (until they fall part....and they guaranteed do... ) , If only I'd bought it on prime day They're usually out of stock more than they're in stock. I was really banking on a new Elite 2 at E3....I'm pretty bummed it didn't happen. Those quality issues really need to be addressed, but the controllers are just too nice to not buy

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia one of my neighbors has had 2 elite controllers since they came out and doesn't have any issues with them. Wth are you doing to your controllers man

redd214

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Mine is good! It hasn't broken, must have been a bad batch like the PS4 controllers with the stick caps that disintegrate. The only thing I would like the Elite to have is Bluetooth for PC like the newer Xbox One controllers and that they were included in the Design Lab.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@redd214 Yeah, all his Xbox things seem to be about to explode or something.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@redd214 I went through like 6 X360 controllers, one GamePad, one Switch Pro (I really don't know what happened to it, it has the least use of everything) and one Elite (but the Elite problems are very well known with RROD levels of problems with them.)

@BlueOcean Oh and I had 2 PS4 controllers with the stick caps that disintegrate..... Both launch day. Elite's probelms are a propensity for stick drift (they weight of the metal shafts are theorized to accelerate the issue beyond the stock controllers....it's the same analog module otherwise), the plastic bridge that joins the bumpers cracking (same bridge as stock controller....to hold two metal buttons....) and the rubber grips peeling off the back. It was the stick drift that got me.

Nah the xbox doesn't explode. I bought the XBox because all my game PCs have a history of being about to explode though....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean @redd214 NEStalgia's own strength (born out of in-game anxiety and stress) has leveled up considerably over the years, and now he can do nothing else but power-grip his controllers, until, in the heat of the moment, he squeezes them so hard that they start to creak and crack, and ultimately, fall apart.

Still have ALL my original controllers as well, except for two N64 controllers, that I threw into a wall out of frustration of not being able to win in certain games. But that was back when I had an aggression problem.
I'm all better now, for the most part, at least...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Banjo-

The controller I have always wanted to throw through the window out of frustration was the Wii Remote. By the way, once playing Wii Sports the wrist strap broke and the controller dashed against a closet and made a hole. It could have broken the TV... or someone's face!

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Lucky for me, by the time I finally got my hands on a Wii, the remotes already had the new and improved wrist straps...

And I use the silicone protection sleeves...

Banjo-

I like the artistic direction of the trailer and I love the idea for this expansion because we could cooperate against those Ghost Ships. The side stories are always welcome, too.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

Well, it seems like this is yet another game that I'll have to add to my backlog after all...
Ah.. my aching head...

#firstworldproblems

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL, you're not wrong But the Elite actually solves that problem with the paddles since if you squeeze even slightly you start having unintended button presses, so it's the one and only controller I actually don't grip until it creaks, because it's not possible without breaking the game

Elites just are infamous for falling apart, I'm afraid. (I still don't know what happened to my Switch Pro though....it really have enough use on it to pick up a weird pot issue.....my Joycons are (mostly) fine (I think there's a dirt particle issue that makes it not always have full range to the L/R edge but it's not a drift issue), and I use them way more, including outdoors in humid/pollen-filled air.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic