Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 11,914

Banjo-

@ThanosReXXX Yep, I have Gold until February but I'll get another year now. For the Games with Gold, for the Deals with Gold and because I'm playing more online games now.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia, @redd214, @DarthNocturnal, @Grumblevolcano, @DarkRula, @JoakimZ, @Zuljaras and @Ryu_Niiyama, just in case all of you missed my comment #4,174 on page 209:

Tagged all of you to point out that cdkeys.com have started their summer sale discounts on digital downloads and subscriptions, so whether you're looking for Xbox Live, PSN or something Nintendo or PC related, now would probably be the time to do it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@JaxonH forgot to add you to the above comment. Might come in handy for you too, seeing as you're a multi-console owner as well.

Come to think of it, suppose I might just as well drag @rjejr in here too.
Save the old dragon some money...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

JaxonH

@ThanosReXXX
We talking eShop cred? If so how much?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ThanosReXXX

@JaxonH cdkeys.com has discounts for all consoles, and currently, they're having a summer sale, so just check it out and see if there's something there that interests you. Might be Xbox Live, PSN or Nintendo points, or even game downloads.

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX I never would have thought of CDkeys for console gaming, I thought it was CD gaming only, can't imagine why, so thanks for the heads up.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Haha, yeah, I can imagine people making that assumption. They've been around for quite a while, so that's probably where their name comes from.

Dezzy

@rjejr

CD gaming? As in, the PS1 only?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Another Forza Horizon 4 stream tomorrow gents, focus on fall this time. Time is 11am PT, 2pm ET, 7pm BST. Looking forward to it!

redd214

NEStalgia

I had a weird issue with my 1X yesterday and was starting to think it was hosed. Tried launching AC: Origins and it kept crashing on launch. Ok, it gets funky sometimes, time for a reboot (+1 to PS4, I've never had to reboot it....1X needs reboots at least every other week when it starts bogging down.) It never shut down properly, just stayed on a black screen waiting to shut down, so I had to force restart it. It came back up to the home screen, but my controller wouldn't connect...just blinked. I tried it wired, same issue. I force restarted several times....tried ripping the plug out while it was running(!) several times. Every time, the controller would turn it on, and then not connect to it, it just blinked. Then I tried my wired-only Razer.....it wouldn't even power on the controller over USB. I just let it sit there...on the home screen, unable to get any controller, wired or wireless to be connected to it. Then I spent about 15 min searching online for possible related issues while assuming something was hosed, and then randomly I started getting popup notifications about successfully downloaded games from days ago....and then finally started downloading one it was supposed to have downloaded a day before. And I noticed the controller was now on. Not sure what happened, but apparently if an XBox sits on the home screen, and will not connect any controller, it's just "doing stuff" for inordinate periods of time and will catch up and come back eventually. Weirdness.

@ThanosReXXX Awesome, thanks for the tip! Is there a page for the actual summer sale, or is it just general markdowns if you search through everything? Their Deals page, I've been watching, and it hasn't changed in months.

BTW, finally actually came in 1st place in an outback cross country race, with all my simulation settings on....neat!

@Ryu_Niiyama Ok, following up on the fighter conversation, there can be too much of a good thing. Tekken 7 is awesome but story mode has 10 minutes of cutscene for every 2 minute fight, and BlazBlue.....I'm over an hour into VO'd graphic novel....and have not had a single fight yet. That's a bit beyond overkill. Injustice still gets story right. MvC seems pretty good at it too. I haven't tried the new DoA yet but from memory, they do it well.

Also, I find I just don't "get" KI.....is it me or is it weird?

(BTW, the Razer is pretty nice. Overall I'd say it's better than RAP, though I miss the metal plate on the RAP, and I haven't tried one of RAP's NOIR layout sticks that are more similar. The Tekken one is just too fugly to mess with. The cable (big ol' aircraft connector) is the probable downside of it, and there's no PC/X1/X360 switch and I've heard there's an MS issue that makes it iffy (at best) on Win10 (while the PS4 version works fine.)

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia General mark downs. Prices for Xbox Live subscriptions have gone down around 10 - 15 dollars compared to when I checked the site a little over a week ago.

Btw, congrats on your Forza Horizon achievements.
So, how are those "to be unlocked" expansions coming along?
Weird stuff going on there with your One X. Never had that happen to me, so far. (knock on wood)

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia System updates usually cause problems for the XB1 line of consoles, it's not like Switch where you do the update and then everything's fine for you to play stuff straight away. Sometimes games won't launch, other times games have stuttering and input lag, etc. It takes several hours to resolve itself.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I think you mentioned you use Power Saver mode, so you're rebooting it daily already, no such issues for you, if so!.

Unlocked progress is getting there. Still slow, mostly because I'm not playing much. A few races a week makes it slow going And my X1 time this week seems to be fighter dominated, so it might take another back seat (pun intended )

@Grumblevolcano I know I shouldn't be surprised with Win10 updates causing problems on anything they touch....but that's.....just weird. No doubt like Win10 itself the update service does "stuff" in the background for hours using most of the CPU. You would think if you leave it in instant-on and allow it to do patches in sleep...it would...you know....do patches in sleep.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, if you only play so little, then I'd say you should focus more on things that get you more points, and that isn't in races. Stunts, barn finds and other objectives is where it's at, so you have to scour that world map for them.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Huh, interesting, I'd have thought races were the "big" score sources. I'm just going Assassin's Creed style and investigating every item on the map and doing the "quest" there That's good to know!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia That would be true for main series Forza, but in Horizon, it's all about exploring, and the crazy stuff. Just compare how much exp points you get for a regular race, to something like racing the train, or making a mega jump and trying to catch as much air as possible.
EDIT:
And also, in comparison to stunts and special events, races often consist of either several rounds, or heats, whereas something like a special event connected to a barn find, is only a one round thing, 9 out of 10 times, so even if the amount of XP is the same as in a race, then the relative reward is still greater, because it takes less effort/time. (although there is of course more time involved in finding all the secrets on the map, so in that regard, it's somewhat balanced out again)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Also, get to grips with making good use of your female navigator: she's pretty good at guiding you towards the next stunt or barn find area...

Eel

I found rare replay for about 9 dollars brand new at a store. If I had an Xbox one, I would've bought it right there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rjejr

@Dezzy No, as in all the CD-ROM PC games I have. I know they are mostly on DVD now, but they used to be tiny games on CD. That was a huge step up from those Doom shareware floppy discs.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic