Forums

Topic: Street Fighter V

Posts 161 to 173 of 173

KO-Cub

-Red- wrote:

I'm really not liking Juri's new main design. It just looks very bad, imo. I feel like her previous design from SF4 was much better overall.

Ech, I can't decide between either. Since the cast got entirely wacky designs and changes, I can't complain about Juri's new design as her personality somewhat blends well with it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CanisWolfred

-Red- wrote:

I'm really not liking Juri's new main design. It just looks very bad, imo. I feel like her previous design from SF4 was much better overall.

Are you kidding? I for one think it's the sexiest thing going. Add in that eye-patch, and I think they really nailed that "femme fatale/Psycho-*****" thing she's got going as a character. Plus she still looks fun to play, they could have her sporting a pompador and white spandex, and I'd still be okay with it so long as her moves are the same.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

-Green-

CanisWolfred wrote:

-Red- wrote:

Are you kidding? I for one think it's the sexiest thing going. Add in that eye-patch, and I think they really nailed that "femme fatale/Psycho-*****" thing she's got going as a character. Plus she still looks fun to play, they could have her sporting a pompador and white spandex, and I'd still be okay with it so long as her moves are the same.

It matches her edginess, but I just don't really like the suit she's wearing and the way it looks on her and i don't think it suits her as well as her previous design. Something I always loved about Juri SF4 design was how it perfectly captured Juri's character, both her edginess and her "I don't give a fudge" attitude. The combination of her baggy pants and long belt along with the venomous spider theme struck a nice cord. The new outfit just seems lacking in comparison to it, and doesn't really strike the same balance as her SF4 get up.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

EvilRegal

Anyone here still playing SFV? I got a late start with it, having only gotten a PS4 in February, but I'm enjoying it! Along with USFII, I'm kind of celebrating the franchise's upcoming 30th anniversary, and the recent 25th of SNES SFII at the same time! Working on unlocking every fighter & stage with fight money, and resist the urge to spend real $. I've finished Survival with all the roster I have thus far.

As a PSA, Capcom is giving 30,000 FM for signing in around the time of the August 30th anniversary date! Hoping for announcements then, like arcade mode (or Sagat, and more classic SFII stages)! Somehow, it won't quite feel totally like SF until it has one.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

SheldonRandoms

I sometimes play it from time to time, but it needs to have a ‎saikyo style fighter or something to rev MOAR interest since......REASONS. "From time to time" could've been MOAR often, but alas, DAT rocky launch kept me away, and I eventually got the game at a redbox for cheap (just LIEK talk).

Rage quitters online = pressing the share button ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) SINCE REASONS!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

EvilRegal

SheldonRandoms wrote:

I sometimes play it from time to time, but it needs to have a ‎saikyo style fighter or something to rev MOAR interest since......REASONS. "From time to time" could've been MOAR often, but alas, DAT rocky launch kept me away, and I eventually got the game at a redbox for cheap (just LIEK talk).

Rage quitters online = pressing the share button ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) SINCE REASONS!

Yeah, I didn't miss much from the barebones launch. There's been far more content available getting it this much later, so there was a silver-lined cloud to getting a PS4 so late. Capcom really shot themselves in the foot sales-wise with such minimal content.

I'm hoping they release a Super SFV, to give it a second chance. I want to see it succeed in the long run, so we'll have SFVI one day. Beyond SF being one of my favorite series, I've come to love the variety in how almost every character plays with V-trigger variations/etc. I just still suck with most of them, except for the World Warriors I've been playing as for 25 years (or 23, with Cammy 😋).

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I want to be excited, but after they screwed up the PS4 version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 the exact same way they screwed up the PS3 version, I'm not too confident right now...

HAHAHAHAHA- I bought it day one anyways.

@EvilRegal Let me know how that goes, it took me a long time just to unlock two characters, and the only reason I got the second was because of the Singleplayer update...I honestly wish they'd just release a second edition instead of promising I could get every character without money if I play it for hours every day for two full years. And I wouldn't complain so much if I actually liked even half of the characters. :/ I forgot that there were a lot of SF characters I flatout don't like, there were just always enough that I did like to hold my attention. I'm basically sticking with Ultra Street Fighter IV until the cast fills out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WarioIsTopTier

I'm playing a lot of it recently, it's been my go to game since I got my fightstick. My friend got it too, but I dunno how easy it'll be to get him to play again after I went Abigail on him. He literally dropped Cammy the second I did that 88% combo on him.

WarioIsTopTier

Peek-a-boo

I played a lot of Street Fighter V last year, and I still jump in from time to time however, fewer people play it nowadays since the arrival of the likes of Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, the latter of which I bought and thoroughly enjoyed more so than the comparatively barebones Street Fighter V at launch.

I find that playing online is too difficult. There are way too many good players, so much so that you barely hit them let alone win a single round. It was fairly evenly accessible in the first couple of months last year, but it’s now mostly exclusively full of overly competitive players. Good for them, bad for me.

I’m curious to see who are the remaining four original characters as part of the Season 2 line-up, as that is as good as any catalyst to get me back to playing this. I am looking forward to the 30th Anniversary costumes that are due to arrive at the end of this month. This outfit for M. Bison looks amazing!

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

WarioIsTopTier

@Peek-a-boo You might have missed some announcements, as currently, there's only two unknown season 2 characters. Ed and Abigail were the most recent. Ed is really fun, being a mix of Bison and Balrog with a completely unique moveset, but he does struggle with some matchups. Abigail is the largest character to ever grace Street Fighter, at 8 feet tall and over 500 pounds, and he's insanely fun. He's a very technical character too, with tons of options and really long combo strings that do massive damage. I like that heavy characters are overall very good in SFV, not something you often see in fighting games.

Online can be tough, I've only recently gotten back into the game so I haven't touched Ranked, but after a bit of practice you get more of a feel for what to do and you can handle most Bronze and Silver players decently.

WarioIsTopTier

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

I honestly wish they'd just release a second edition

I wish they would to, then I would finally jump in on this game as long as there is some decent single player (casual) content because I am not going online

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

EvilRegal

I've played too much SFV lately, getting MY FIGHT MONEYYY. When I preordered my SNES Classic, this went through my mind realizing I may've deprived a bleeping scalper:

Untitled

AHHHHAHAHAHA! 😆

Karin rules! I only wish we had a complete remix of her SFA3 theme, "Simple Rating", one of my fave gaming themed!

CanisWolfred

Yeah, Karin at least has been fun. Same with Rainbow Mika. Not fond of what they did to Juri, though. Both Chun-Li and Cammy seem mostly the same as SF4, at least according to my casual persective. And I like Rashid, even though he feels like a KOF character and therefore is not that fun to fight against, what with SFV insisting on having fewer defensive options than 3 & 4...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.