Forums

Topic: Street Fighter V

Posts 141 to 160 of 173

Gamer83

@jump:
They might as well. SF V is as half-a$$ed a product as has ever been put on the market. I almost wish Capcom should just sell of its properties so companies worth a damn could pick them up. Street Fighter and Mega Man in Nintendo's care would be much better than anyone else, Sony has develop studios that could make Resident Evil and Devil May Cry worth a damn again and MS should Capcom's Vancouver studio and put them to work on Dead Rising 4.

Gamer83

Socar

@jump: @Octane: Quit teasing and joking please. You know very well that Capcom did make that statement that if their games don't sell 2 million, that IP is gone.

And this is even coming from Nintendolife!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/capcom_wont_greenlig...

@Peek-a-boo: oh....how touching. Yeah, I bet you'd say the same thing if Capcom made us a new Mega Man game and if we didn't like it, you'd most likely would but it would have bombed like SFV and you'd still defend that it sold well.

Oh and let's not forget how many of Atlus IPs are niche but sell well and are downright better than what Capcom will ever do for SF.

Seriously though......it took this long to reach a million and for a game like this, that's bad cause if Fates sold half a million in just three days a game series that is more niche than darkstalkers. Think how this is going to be for the next Mega Man game (which we still haven't gotten btw)

Forget that though. Where the hell is that Strider game? Where's Viewtiful Joe? Series that sold well but no sequels coming?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Octane

@Socar: I think he was referring to 2 million LT, not during the fiscal year. It only had three months, so 1.4 million is actually pretty decent, especially considering how the game launched. Street Fighter 6 will happen eventually, they won't cancel that franchise.

Octane

jump

Socar wrote:

jump: Octane: Quit teasing and joking please. You know very well that Capcom did make that statement that if their games don't sell 2 million, that IP is gone.

And this is even coming from Nintendolife!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/capcom_wont_greenlig...

I'm not joking, you need to stop being a grief hawk.

SFV will clear 2m sooner or later, once the dlc comes out it'll get another sales spike and they've already said it's got steady sales.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@Octane: The only reason why its decent is because Monster Hunter saved Capcom because they did a smart move releasing the game on 3DS instead of the Vita.

Had Monster Hunter bombed like Street Fighter, Capcom would be struggling now.

@jump: Still doesn't mean we'll get another one does it? I mean you can say the same for Strider and Mega Man and yet, we don't see sequels from them.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Socar wrote:

Octane: The only reason why its decent is because Monster Hunter saved Capcom because they did a smart move releasing the game on 3DS instead of the Vita.

jump: Still doesn't mean we'll get another one does it? I mean you can say the same for Strider and Mega Man and yet, we don't see sequels from them.

Capcom have alot more franchises than just Monster Hunter and neither SF or MH are even it's biggest franchise.

There's nothig to suggest SF will be canccelled because there's no new Mega Man game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Socar

@jump: Name me some please. Because the only thing I can think of is Pheonix Wright, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil (which I heard isn't turning out right btw.).

Ok so maybe these three show some justice for Capcom but it still doesn't change the fact that SFV sold poorly at start even worse than Star Fox Zero.

Octane

Socar wrote:

Octane: The only reason why its decent is because Monster Hunter saved Capcom because they did a smart move releasing the game on 3DS instead of the Vita.

What does that have to do with the 1.4 million SF sold?

Octane

Socar

@Octane: Monster Hunter sold huge in a matter of days unlike Street Fighter V and Capcom was just lucky that MH just happened to have made some profit for Capcom despite SFV failing to meet demands.

If they didn't make the MH game now and if SFV were the first game they made in years, then it would have made a loss for them now.

bitleman

@Socar: Actually it's 1,4 millions shipped. When you look at mediacrate/npd/Steam numbers there's no way the game sold 1 million copies. I don't think the series will survive to this. Except if it becomes something else, take another direction and don't try to compete on the AAA market. It was also a big mistake to mostly target their marketing on the PS4 audience. Most of the PS4 buyers are new players who probably never heard about Street Fighter before.

bitleman

jump

Socar wrote:

jump: Name me some please. Because the only thing I can think of is Pheonix Wright, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil (which I heard isn't turning out right btw.).

Ok so maybe these three show some justice for Capcom but it still doesn't change the fact that SFV sold poorly at start even worse than Star Fox Zero.

Why do you argue against yourself rather than just not make a stupid point in the first place?

Get your facts straights, SFV sold MORE than Star Fox Zero.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

bitleman wrote:

Socar: Actually it's 1,4 millions shipped. When you look at mediacrate/npd/Steam numbers there's no way the game sold 1 million copies. I don't think the series will survive to this. Except if it becomes something else, take another direction and don't try to compete on the AAA market. It was also a big mistake to mostly target their marketing on the PS4 audience. Most of the PS4 buyers are new players who probably never heard about Street Fighter before.

Take another direction and something else...Street Fighter as a first person shooter to launch on Atari to get hose old gamers.

They don't need to reinvent the wheel, they just need to go back to basics and make sure the next one is day 1 full retail worthy and it'll be fine.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

@jump: Oh so this gen, Nintendo didn't reinvent the wheel is a problem but not reinventing the wheel for SF is not a problem.

Actually, no. SF didn't sell that well compared to Zero. Zero isn't considered a commercial failure as we don't know how much it sold as of now except around 250,000 units.

jump

Socar wrote:

jump: Oh so this gen, Nintendo didn't reinvent the wheel is a problem but not reinventing the wheel for SF is not a problem.

Actually, no. SF didn't sell that well compared to Zero. Zero isn't considered a commercial failure as we don't know how much it sold as of now except around 250,000 units.

Have I said anything at all about Nintendo needing to reinvent the wheel and in any case it's common phrase which means trying to change things that already work for the sake of it and most often to worse results. SF at itls core is fine with no one complaining about it the poblems where with the servers hiccup and staggered dlc.

SFV isn't a commercial failure, it missed it's sale goal which is different to no one buying it at all and outsold Star Fox. Why are you randomly bringing up Star Fox anyway?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Peek-a-boo

Socar wrote:

Oh, how touching.

Yeah, I bet you'd say the same thing if Capcom made us a new Mega Man game and if we didn't like it, you'd most likely would but it would have bombed like SFV and you'd still defend that it sold well.

Oh and let's not forget how many of Atlus IPs are niche but sell well and are downright better than what Capcom will ever do for SF.

Funnily enough, I love the Mega Man series, especially Mega Man 2 and X!

I don't go around posting bad news when a game 'fails' to meet their sale expectations.

I base my opinions on whether a game is fun to play or not. Street Fighter V, as far as I am concerned, is the best beat 'em up of this generation, even with its admittedly barebones content on day one.

And I am not sure why you have suddenly brought Star Fox Zero into the fray.

It sold quite poorly however, it may well have some legs to reach 500,000 lifetime sales, just like the slow burning nature of Street Fighter V, which may well pass the two million milestone by years end.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Bass_X0

@Octane No, I'd rather play it in March and have content released every month than waiting until summer and having that same content released from day one.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Peek-a-boo

I still play Street Fighter V from time to time, mostly when there is a new monthly update that brings a new character to the fray however, the news from the Evolution tournament has put me in a big downer about the direction Capcom are taking with DLC.

It is $10 for a new stage, and $6 for character skins/colours.

Firstly, whilst I don't enjoy playing the series, Mortal Kombat offers character skins for $2, and is a generous amount to boot.

Secondly, Super Smash Bros. gets some (IMO unfair) stick for the DLC, and yet a whole new character with their own set of unique moves is £4.49/$6, or £1.79/$2 for a new stage.

So, yeah. Not happy at all!

Peek-a-boo

jdoll

this is on my buy list since i don't own a ps4 i will be grabbing it on pc soonish

jdoll

CanisWolfred

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I still play Street Fighter V from time to time, mostly when there is a new monthly update that brings a new character to the fray however, the news from the Evolution tournament has put me in a big downer about the direction Capcom are taking with DLC.

It is $10 for a new stage, and $6 for character skins/colours.

Firstly, whilst I don't enjoy playing the series, Mortal Kombat offers character skins for $2, and is a generous amount to boot.

Secondly, Super Smash Bros. gets some (IMO unfair) stick for the DLC, and yet a whole new character with their own set of unique moves is £4.49/$6, or £1.79/$2 for a new stage.

So, yeah. Not happy at all!

It costs a lot because no one in their right mind would buy a single stage as DLC, period. Gotta capitalize on those few idiots as much as possible if you wanna break even on what was a fool's errand in the first place. Honestly, at this point I'm just glad the important DLC is free.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

-Green-

I'm really not liking Juri's new main design. It just looks very bad, imo. I feel like her previous design from SF4 was much better overall.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.