Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,570

JaxonH

@Tsurii
Yes! We welcome anyone who wants to hunt!

We've still got a good four months to go until World, and MHXX is the perfect game to play as a tide me over. And a great MH game that can be played anywhere period, so it's appeal will long outlast the launch of World. In fact, its appeal probably won't fade until they actually release a new entry on the system (and thank goodness it's on Switch cause I don't think I could've handled another 3DS play through)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

@JaxonH Lol, Monster Hunter: World looked like the best Monster Hunter game ever when it was first shown off. I mean, they explained most to all of the changed or expanded core mechanics in that trailer. The mounting mechanic was fixed, the environments were finally given some attention — those were two of my biggest complaints with fourth gen, both fixed from the get-go.

The first gameplay trailer for Monster Hunter 4 showed Rathalos and Tigrex fighting in some very empty mountainous environments with the hunter climbing, jumping, and swinging at the lord of the skies with the hunting knife of all things. That's no new monsters.

And if you want to see a reaction to a bad Monster Hunter trailer, look no further than my thread from a year ago: https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/1832/monster-hunter

In any case, I hope they do expansions to World as well. I want playtime with this game to last as long as possible without things being super grindy or reusing the same content like deviants, charms, guild quests, and the like. That is, I want the G rank (or however they're handling progression in this game) expansion to include a full new map, at least 3 new monsters, and some remade old monsters that fit into the setting. I think one new map is the most we can hope for considering past Ultimate versions and how much more manpower levels and monsters in World must take.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

I think Nerugigante (Nergigant? do they ever localise the names?) is meant to be ugly and gross-looking. In an evil demonic way. He's ugly, but not badly designed. If that makes any sense.

Octane

JaxonH

@Haru17
When they first showed it it didn't even look like a core monster Hunter game, much less the best ever made. And it dang sure didn't look as good as it did in that last trailer.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

@JaxonH What are you talking about? The game hasn't changed from E3 to now like at all. They just didn't show everything we had already seen. None of the trailers have shown menus and armor but we still knew that was there.

JaxonH

@Haru17
This is why I don't even like being in the same thread as you anymore because you just want to argue about every freaking thing. Defend EVERYTHING. Oh no, he said it looks better now! Alert alert! Time to defend how the game loomed before!

Gosh dang dude...

Haru17

@JaxonH Because I never was one of the people freaking out because of the obvious smear job rumor (whether said rumor was distorting a basis of truth or just making up guesses that sounded bad)? And I watched the first trailer like 10 times that night and never had a negative thought until I read other peoples' comments? Like I said, the first trailer fixed problems I had with MH4.

The game literally has not changed from E3 to now. You are looking at the same mechanics now as then. I don't get why that is so difficult for you.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

@Haru17
No, you were holding Capcom's belt from the onset.

First of all, those fears were not unfounded. I've got a long list of crap they dumb down and made easier that I will never be okay with.

Second of all, it may be the same game but that is irrelevant. It's how it's presented. I could have a super hot wife but if I showed you a picture of her and all I showed you was the warts on her toe...

And what they originally showed made it look totally different. they showed all the unredeeming qualities of the game and none of the redeeming qualities.

Only AFTER did we get more context. And learn that a great majority of the game has redeeming qualities and awesome qualities.

But yes let's get into all this over just saying "It's come a long way"

Gosh you're freaking unbearable.

Haru17

You really can't accept that I thought the game looked great from the onset can you? I hardly think grappling hooks, dropping boulders, and dynamic area transitions are unredeming. But your rhetoric is absolutist to the point of zealotry. You're not presenting actual evidence so much as you are going on about westernization, other franchises, ad hominem, and wife warts. You haven't mentioned a single gameplay element in your last several messages so there's nothing I can discuss or refute. They're just pure feelings, nothing concrete or provable.

Lol whatever, the game doesn't need your approval to be great at any stage in its cycle.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

@Haru17
I don't care what you thought, I'm not the one responding your posts harassing you for your opinion.

You blindly defended the game, and you just so happened to luck out when it actually turned out to be good. It could have just as easily turned out to be a mediocre open world western spinoff based on the reveal trailer- we didn't know it wasn't open world based on appearances, we didn't know quest structures were still in tact, we didn't know anything... So you just lucked out and now you're pretending as if that blind defense of the game was foresight.

And I know this because you have exposed yourself by defending the changes in this game which are indefensible. Things that should make any MH fan skin crawl.

But even so I'm not pestering you about any of that. I don't care. But it sure would be nice to speak my mind without you lording your self righteous opinions over me every time I make a comment.

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

self righteous opinions

And I know this because you have exposed yourself by defending the changes in this game which are indefensible. Things that should make any MH fan skin crawl.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

@Haru17
Except I'm not pestering you every time you comment lording that over you.

I'm telling you what it is in response to your incessant harrassment.

JaxonH

@meleebrawler

Started playing Marvel vs Capcom Infinite yesterday. Game is fantastic. Load times are ridiculous though

Namco

@meleebrawler
Only character that makes me slightly interested in the new Marvel vs. Capcom xD

Phoenix Wright and Wolverine are missing so it's still a no. If you ask me the game doesn't really deserve the name Infinite without them.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

CrazedCavalier

@Haru17 The rumor didn't mean jack. What they showed at E3 was a crappy trailer, something I've seen almost everybody admit. It showed off basically nothing from Monster Hunter, and instead showed:
-An open world
-Stealth aspects
-A generic looking T-rex
-Seemingly regenerating health

@JaxonH didn't bother showing evidence because that never works with you. You'd just insult him and shout him down per usual.

You're stuck-up and unbearable. You go out of your way to argue with and attack anybody who's opinions don't line up with yours-- going so far to state that "if I took those complaints seriously, I'd be failing myself". You're just so shallow and full of yourself; I've seen this on display basically every where you go on the site.

@meleebrawler Hey, it's everything I wanted out of a Monster Hunter rep in Smash.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

How did you get regenerating health from that if there wasn't a HUD?

In any case, I'm not going to stop posting simply because you two (maybe three?) unravel into hating me when I argue my opinions. I make it a point to not start arguments about other individuals or insult users' self worth, if you identify so strongly with your views on games that you can't separate the two then that's your own lapse. And yes, that is a high horse of mine. I'm not going to descend regardless of how many personal attacks either of you make.

But that's enough about this petty fight.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

Monster Hunter World Collector Editions apparently GameStop exclusive... And they're now sold out

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Monster%20Hunter%20...

Thank goodness I locked in one of each! I almost didn't do it too, thinking I'd wait for GCU. Something told me to order just in case...

CrazedCavalier

Footage of the flagship monster beating the snot out of some presenter who doesn't know how to play the game: https://youtu.be/xGGF86Ds_vo

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic