Posts 321 to 340 of 1,570

zionich

@Haru17 I didn't say it was the most rational fear =P

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Haru17

@Karma-Moment Do you mean Congalala? Haha. I really like the end boss of Generations too for what it's worth (but don't look it up! It'll spoil the surprise.)

In any case, the Royal Ludroth-like is called Great Jagras, and its little ones predictably 'Jagras.'

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

@Haru17 What is this ''Pink Blangonga'' you speak of? (Not that it isn't incredibly irritating). I'm pretty sure he meant Congalala.

Fun fact: Blangonga came dead last in a Japanese popularity poll involving Gen monsters.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

@meleebrawler Mind thinks one thing, hands think another. And that sounds about right, along with Khezu, Gravios, Gypceros, and the dromes, Monster Hunter is to good for the more meme-based and scatological of its fights.

Haru17

Untitled

Oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby! Someone found a hidden image on the Monster Hunter: World sight and lightened it up. I'll link the Reddit threat for deeper analysis, but suffice it to say I'm so down for this crazy elder dragon story, fighting a spitting serpent abreast the ocean, and exploring a treacherous new volcano.

Joeynator3000

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

...fighting a spitting serpent abreast the ocean, and exploring a treacherous new volcano.

Are we finally getting Laviente?!

Eh, doubt it. Guessing it's a new Laviente-like monster, like Dalamadur.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

zionich

Worth watching Gaijin Hunters latest video translating the Japanese gameplay footage.

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal I was thinking about changing the dynamic of multiplayer in Monster Hunter, but I can't see a reason why they would expand beyond 4. I figure that many people will just get confusing and hectic. I think it's more likely to see a 2-player splitscreen mode in a new Switch Monster Hunter, as well as some obvious netcode improvements.

It's worth nothing that, unfortunately, hunters still clip through each other while attacking a monster. I noticed it in the streamed demo and, while it's not a huge deal since the focus is on the monster, I was hoping for that bit of weird MMO online nonsense to be polished off with desynchronized smaller monsters.

JaxonH

Alright, was watching this video and the game looks amazing, and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to make it these next nine months waiting for this game. But there are several things bothering me. Absolutely nothing in this world is going to stop me from buying this game day one but that doesn't mean I'm 100% on board with everything I'm seeing here, and there are a few things that I'm curious about.

I noticed that hammer user did like a quadruple aerial spin attack, and even landed a mount the 2nd or 3rd time. It was flashy just like a hunter art... and I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around how (some) people are OK with that but not OK with official arts in Gen (more so referring to the Gen haters on Reddit than people here- people here seem to like Gen) It looked identical in all but name, only here there was no limit to how many times it could be used. It seems this game has the same kind of flashy moves Gen arts had, for better or worse (I'm ok with it).

I also noticed the health and stamina bars are shorter now, which is fine. But I saw one single potion heal half the health bar... I also noticed a hunter start using a potion, then dodge roll away a fraction of a second into the animation, and somehow still healed from it. Like, it was almost instant healing, and avoided getting hit.... and I can't help it but that's just bothering me. I've known about this, but seeing it in action for myself really resonated with me, and I'm beginning to understand the implications this will have.

Other than that, the game looks immaculate. But I'm really struggling accepting this new healing system. It's a small complaint but at the same time it's not. If one potion can heal half a life bar, and you can dodge roll a split second after starting to heal and still end up with health gained from it (and most of all not get hit), I don't see anyone ever carting in this game. Maybe there something I'm missing (which is very possible) and I'm going to sink a thousand hours into this game regardless. But based on what's been shown thus far, I don't think I'm on board with the new heals.

But I do like everything else. He said something about accepting quests while you're on a quest... maybe you could deliver 10 mushrooms while you're hunting a monster and kill 2 birds with one stone. See, now that would be a great improvement. The lance looked great, and the near-instant fast travel will make getting around more tolerable.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

@JaxonH It almost seemed to me like the resource gathering has been taken out so potions might be more limited quantity.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Ya, but I think they shortened the bars up so as to not take up as much space on screen. Notice the stamina bar never exceeds the length of the health bar, and damage is proportionately reduced as well. If that's not the full length of the health bar then you won't need potions to heal, because it'll take 37 hits to whittle down your life bar 🙂

@zionich
Resource gathering has not been removed. If anything I suspect potions will likely be more common. We have yet to learn if you still need to craft blue mushroom and herb to make a potion, then honey and potion to make a mega motion, but I know resource gathering is part of the game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Ya, everyone keeps pointing that out. But taking only a moment to heal so quickly means it can be done practically any time, and without the commitment to the action, you can just roll away anyways if needed. Before it was guaranteed you would get steamrolled by a charging angry monster. Add to that the excessive amount that one single potion is able to heal you, and it just... ya. That's my single greatest gripe with the changes shown thus far.

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH 3U HD squished down the UI as well-- and isn't it possible that the hunter was using Megas?

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

The health bar shrinks into a nice diamond out of combat, and I assume most of the UI is demo controls and can be turnrd off in the final product.

Anyway, I'm more of a 4U detractor than a Cross hater, and I think the biggest problem with the hunter arts was their clunky nature and activating them by tapping. Apparently hunters in World all have a super that charges up. I just hope they don't slap a second gague on the screen for long sword and gunlance users (again, this is on top of health/stamina/sharpness) and that the controls are more intuitive and don't use the touch pad or something stupid.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal Yes but the problem there is that I'm playing it on Playstation

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal It's usually the start button or a separate menu.

KirbyTheVampire

Any idea if this game will have cross-platform multiplayer? I'd really like to play it with my nephew, but unfortunately I don't think my PC could run it, so I'd probably have to buy it for the PS4, which he doesn't have.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire It will not. There was some quote somewhere about how World supports play across regions within the network of each different system.

Edited on by Haru17

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17 wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire It will not. There was some quote somewhere about how World supports play across regions within the network of each different system.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I guess I'll just have to see what the required specs are. Thanks!

KirbyTheVampire

zionich

@JaxonH I sure there will be some but with all the environmental aspects It looks like it will be a limited version. Hopefully I am wrong.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic