Forums

Topic: How to Turn a Fanboy into a Non-Fanboy?

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

LzWinky

Ok, here are some simple methods of becoming a Non-fanboy:

1. Don't give a crap about other fanboys. If they insult your game, system, etc., IGNORE THEM!!
2. Leave the internet. Fanboys typically whine here
3. Throw your favorite games, etc. out of your window. This is a guaranteed transformation
4. Stop worrying about and/or bashing the competition
5. Just play the games to enjoy them. Don't whine about the small issues

These are just some of the things you can do to stop being a fanboy. Results may vary

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Reala

I'll be opening a fanboy/fangirl rehabilitation clinic in a few months, we'll have group therapy sessions, exposure to other consoles, electro shock treatment and where necessary medication shall be given, Realas Hospital for Video Game ailments will also be set up to deal with the most extreme cases, such as treating people that honestly believe FF8 is a decent game for example.

Reala

Machu

I really don't get this at all, I'm a Nintendo fan, that's it. I have legitimate reasons for disliking and shunning the other consoles and I try my best not to fall into the trap that is trolling. Nintendoid's are generally quite peaceful people, unless of course, they are provoked.

I'm a Nintendo Fan, who honestly believes the term 'fanboy' was born about the same time as the Xbox.
was that fanboyish? :/

slapshot82 wrote:

I tell anyone getting into gaming to "buy the system that your friends own to get the most enjoyment out of it".

Disagree. It's best to spread the love around your group of friends, then at least you can play the games you might not usually be able to. I always love hearing a PS3/360 owner say to me... 'bring your Wii!'. Just as much as enjoy playing co-op with a buddy on a console I don't own. For the record though, whilst I am playing another console, I am always wishing it was Wii, it's just more fun. fanboy goodness yeah!

Rawr!

Slapshot

@Machu..... I meant to specify that the guy had a Wii and was looking for a HD console and was beween the PS3 and X360 and didnt know wich one to buy, and after talking to him for awhile he had 4 or 5 friends that are big Gears, Halo, CoD fans and played online alot and it was the natural choice, and he has had it for weeks now and he is loving it and that is what it is all about. Enjoying the system and if your looking for Online play, always go with your real friends, its just way more fun. Playing Wii with friends is great fun, but in the 2 years I had mine I count on two hands how many times I was able to pull that one off, it seems the older you get the harder it is to pull off.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Thomas_Joseph

Reala wrote:

I'll be opening a fanboy/fangirl rehabilitation clinic in a few months, we'll have group therapy sessions, exposure to other consoles, electro shock treatment and where necessary medication shall be given, Realas Hospital for Video Game ailments will also be set up to deal with the most extreme cases, such as treating people that honestly believe FF8 is a decent game for example.

I'd just like to come for the electo shock treatment. Can I sign up now?

Oh well ... maybe some medication too. Depends.

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

Machu

@Slapshot: Oh, in that case then yeah it's common sense to choose your second console based on what friends have.

But as for the age reference there, I think you are getting dangerously close to generalizing. I'm 32, and I yawn at the thought of analogue controlled fps deathmatches (which is all it ever tends to be on teh HD consoles). Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Wii has a lot more variety and that's the reason the majority of adults I know prefer Wii.

my fanboyometer readings are climbing, uhoh

Rawr!

Fmkz

Hmmm how not to be a fanboy? Well that's easy and hard at the same time. If you like a console for whatever reason(motion control, 120gb of storage, or the games) then you might want to "spread the word" on how good the console is. At the same time, you don't want to force your opinion of the console to some random stranger on the internet by pointing out the flaws and insulting(I guess you could say) other consoles.Of course, it isn't so fanboy-ish to discuss the pros and cons of consoles without having to insult it and recommend another console.
For example:
Fanboy-"The Wii sucks eggs cuz it haz no gud gamez teh Xbox is so much batter"
Anti-Fanboy-"The Wii is a decent console. It does have a whole new way to play video games but it could use a better collection of games. I prefer the Xbox."
Note:Those examples were random and aren't completely true.

I don't know <.<. I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no reason to be a fanboy and say a console sucks. All console have pros and cons. I have no idea what to say, actually.

Fanboys and girls are a mysterious thing...I'm not sure how to explain it 0.o...my brain hurts.

Edited on by Fmkz

Meh,,,

V8_Ninja

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

You buy a console from a company other than Nintendo, and actually like it.

I bought a Playstation 2 a few years ago and I absolutely love Burnout 3, Amplitude, Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, and the entire Time Crisis series. The main problem I'm having is that I keep finding myself come back to Nintendo consoles because most games on the other consoles don't interest me that much at all. I rarely like any type of multiplayer game because they seem to be a full of soulless freaks that don't seem to have any other thoughts than "I have to murder that guy and his whole family.", shooters don't really interest me because they feel completely unoriginal and bland (or maybe I've just been spoiled by Portal, I don't know ), and the "realistic" games seem to be absolutely boring beyond belief.

As for the people that say to stay away from the forums, that's probably the best idea right now.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

J_Bitties

I have an idea, stop loving the system and start loving games. Systems don't mean a thing without games and the roots of GAMING are in games. The systems are just a way to play them but without the games, consoles mean nothing. That's why gamers, not fanboys, don't get wrapped up in all the BS of fanboyism. they just want to play games, on whatever system, as long as they're good. Stop caring about a console war that in the end means nothing.

J_Bitties

Firkraag

Impossible, how are you going to cure someone that won't listen to what you say and only open their mouth to spew bull**** propaganda about everything they themselves don't own. If only there was a way to ignore them, but online they're everywhere these days.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

CanisWolfred

Easy: Introduce him/her to some awesome first party games by another console maker, and if it's one that they're sure to like, they'll buckle before you know it. That's how it worked for me, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.