Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 3,602

NintendoByNature

@Vortexeo great! I'll give this a watch when I'm ready to jump in. The first game on switch was in my eyes, a perfect 10/10 game. So I'm hoping I enjoy this one as well.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM made it to the Lilly section and to the Supply investigation( green barrel inspection). Not at the right level for nopon Wisdon so I need to figure it out how to level up 🙄

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Have you gotthe Merc's Quest .... @NintendoByNature? That might be worth doing!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I have unlocked the ability to do them but I don't believe one to do one specific nopon level 3

NintendoByNature

RR529

@NintendoByNature, not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but you can stack Blades with lower levels of a skill to achieve the level needed for a higher level field skill.

For example, if an objective requires a level 3 Field Skill, you can equip one Blade that has level 2 mastery & one that has level 1 mastery to clear it. Or even equip 3 Blades that each have level 1 mastery.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

The quest suggested should allow you to progress the story, @NintendoByNature .... Maybe others have other ideas

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@RR529 hmm I'll have to take a look and see what to do here. Thank you for the input

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Funnily enough, I'm at the exact same spot after my (admittedly short) session yesterday evening. I kickstarted the merc mission needed before signing off for the evening. I intended to read a little before nodding off, but sleep took over.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Do we need creepy/ sinister music for that ...?

SW-4357-9287-0699

TommyTendo

Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game on the Switch, and possibly of all time.
It's tied with Tales of Vesperia and Wind Waker.

Really hope we will get a Xenoblade 3 in the near future.

VoidofLight

I've been watching a friend of mine play through Xenoblade 2, and I realize how wrong I was about the cast and story. It's more enjoyable than I thought it was in those aspects. There are slight tonal shifts, but when those shifts are gone, the characters feel way more fitting for the game, and I can actually care about them more than when I first played the game for myself. The only character I can say I really dislike is Tora, and other than that the others are pretty good. Rex starts off annoying, but gets better as the game goes on, with his voice actor also getting better towards the later parts of the story itself.

The gameplay mechanics are much better than I initially thought, with my only gripes really being how slowly you move around during fights, and how the field skills are executed, with the blade gacha. If it weren't for the Gacha, the skills themselves would probably be better, since you wouldn't have so much in terms of road-blocking. The combo system, now that I understand it, is pretty great, and I love how they made chain attacks function in this as well. The GUI being based on buttons instead of scrolling mitigates the misinputs you'd have with the original as well.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Balta666

@VoidofLight I indeed believe that most people that disliked the game never did really understood it either mechanicly (mainly because its tutoriais suck and cannot be watch after which is one of the more idiotic decisions in games ever...) or due to its artstyle (yes, it is very anime but the characters are genuinely interesting in well developed over the 80-100h story).
For me the gameplay is the best in the series (I feel torna washed it a bit too much) but I had to go on YouTube after some 40h as to understand what was I doing wrong (and to realize I never understood what "cancel arts" meant) and storywise and characters I like almost all above the first entry (for me Dunban is the only one i quite like)

P.s: I will also have to defend Tora as it is a Huge improvement from Ricky. Yes, it is a bit misogynist but that is a trope of anime...

Edited on by Balta666

ElRoberico

I know this is off-topic, but is anyone else struggling to find a good physical copy?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Vortexeo

I started doing my ng+ playthrough for Torna and I completely forgot how funny the post-battle quotes are in this game. Everyone is so mean to Mythra 🤣. I think Torna might have the best post-battle conversations. Either that or XCDE

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

ElRoberico

@Cynas thank you so much! I'm remembering this if I get bid sniped on ebay tomorrow!

Edited on by ElRoberico

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

NintendoByNature

Got to the stele of judgement and had to stop since I didn't have the necessary skills 😒. Love the game but I've been noticing this alot more as of late to progress.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Matt_Barber

@NintendoByNature Brighid, Dromarch and Aegeon should have the skills you need and they're all guaranteed story blades by this point.

You may need to get a couple of them up to level 2. Brighid likes deserts and Dromarch mechanical collectibles, so that ought to be pretty easy. There are other rare blades with the right skills too, so have a look through the party to see if you've got any that just aren't equipped.

In general, there aren't any field skill checks that you can't pass just with the guaranteed story blades. You will need to get around to leveling them at some point though, so it's better to be proactive about it rather than wait until you bump into the next check.

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic