Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 3,602

NintendoByNature

Wish this game would go on sale. All physical copies are going for an arm and a leg.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature It's probably best to just get a digital copy, given physical copies are no longer being produced.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Maximumbeans

I just couldn't get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. No inherent fault of the game itself, it just wasn't for me.
I think it just felt too 'anime' for my tastes, even by the standards of what I usually don't mind.
That's not to say I have refined taste or any of that *****, it was just too offputting.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

VoidofLight

@Maximumbeans If you haven't tried the first, then you probably should. It has better characters, a more serious story, and less shonen tropes. 2's plot gets good at the very end of it, but until then it's a constant tone shift that, at least in my opinion, took me out of the experience for the most part.

The original is fairly good at keeping it's tone in check, and the battle system, while not being as complex as 2's, is way faster paced.

Maximumbeans

@VoidofLight Thanks for the recommendation. It's definitely overdue on my backlog. Truth be told I've been putting it off in favour of things I can complete in far less time, though maybe I could play it alongside some 'palette cleansers' since I know it'll be a long journey if it hooks me.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

anynamereally

I've beaten XC2 somewhere at the 1st half of 2018 I believe, then I got Torna expansion and beat it too.
Time goes by and I always wanted to return and try NG+ with all the downloadable additions and extra difficulty, but the sheer amount of stuff I have to re-learn in order to be fluent inside this game is daunting.

anynamereally

Matt_Barber

You'll probably find that things go much smoother on an NG+. Not only do you get to keep a lot of your progress from the previous run, but - even after a long gap - things should click into place that much sooner. You'd have had to put a lot of effort in to finish the game and what you learned should still be there deep down.

Also, there's a lot of good information available online now as to how the mechanics of the game work and you should find that combat proceeds a lot faster, and with a greater likelihood of victory, when you know what you're doing.

I certainly had an absolute blast last year when I returned to the game for an NG+ run. There's nothing like the feeling of farming superbosses for core chips where you wouldn't have previously dared go into their aggro range.

Matt_Barber

Shroudednightmare

beaten this game a while back and its whats gotten me into the series and i love it quite a bit.

Shroudednightmare

NintendoByNature

Alrighty, I FINALLY bit the bullet on a digital copy during the sale. I figured holding out for a decent priced physical copy was going to be a waste of time. I plan on finishing Pokémon shining pearl in the next couple of weeks, and then I'll start this.

Any tips, thoughts, or things to look out for would be greatly appreciated. I absolutely loved XC:DE so I'm hoping this is more of the same. Thank you in advance.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Do not think that the battle system is simple, @NintendoByNature .... Considering you & your party auto-attack, there's a surprising amount of things you'll want to keep an eye on since you control your arts & special moves, etc
I'm sure others will add more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Well, XC2 is a bit more complicated than the 1st game, @NintendoByNature .... I only got around a third of the available blades, for instance It'll be a lot easier going into that after the 1st than it was for me who'd never played them before, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

The combat system in 2 is really slow. You can't move freely all the time during battles, unlike in the first game, since if you do the auto attacks don't work anymore, and you'll lose affinity with your blades. If you do move, all the characters are ridiculously slow in combat, so it takes ages to get to a specific position to do a specific art.

In my opinion, the combat is a bit too complex as well. Blade combos are poorly explained, and I was never able to actually pull any of them off successfully, since I didn't know how the system worked in the slightest.

The gacha system also didn't help, and it was pretty aggravating to deal with the entire game.

Matt_Barber

You can speed up combat a lot by using pouch items that recharge your arts and shuffling on the spot to reset the auto-attack sequence after the first goes off. Narcipear Jelly from the sweet shop in Argentum is one of the best power-ups in the game and lasts ages so load up on the stuff once you can afford it.

The tutorials in the game are really poor. They're constantly interrupting the story and you'll likely get information overload from them as well as some sub-optimal if not outright bad advice. Instead, there are some nice ten minute intros from Enel and ChuggaaConroy on YouTube that'll tell you all you need to know without spoiling the plot.

Don't get caught up in the Gacha too much on your first run. You can get through the entire story on the blades you're guaranteed to get, so any rare ones are just there to add a bit of extra flavour. I'd save attempting to pull the rest, or just anyone specific, until the post game where it's easy to grind core crystals.

Matt_Barber

NintendoByNature

@Matt_Barber great explanation thank you! I'll check them out on YT. One thing that quickly turns me off in a game is information overload. Stresses me out when I'm taught something I can't remember how to get back to lol.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Vortexeo

@NintendoByNature
The tutorials in Xenoblade 2 are pretty bad as some people might have told you already. Admittedly I didn't know how to play the game properly for quite a while lmao. I would watch this video for some beginner tips! It really helped me!

Edited on by Vortexeo

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic