Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 3,602

maelis

Hello,

I think i am a little blocked in the main quest^^
I'm in the snowy titan and i need to go to the location where the sacred chains are...the problem is, there is some sort of a path after i leave the city, but at some point a part of a bridge is missing for 10 meters and i cannot continue
There doesn't seem to be other ways to go across so i don't know how to proceed..the area is rather huge so it is easy to get lost^^
It is just after a tower laying down, broken, with 2 beasts near it...

can someone help me please? thank you!

Edited on by maelis

maelis

Ryu_Niiyama

There is a Taiko themed blade in this game. GOTY.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

bellow

@maelis yeah, just stand by the icicle and it triggers a little interaction with Rex

bellow

maelis

Ok thank you very much for the answers!!
I think i missed this icicle because i don't remember something like that at all! I will look into it:)
thank you!

maelis

jtmnm

DLC update! (Spoilers)

"The official site "production note" has been updated too! This time, the update data to be delivered next week from Kantoku Takahashi (Ver. 1.3.0) is also an announcement about! https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/inde... … "

One of the key focal points here is the addition of several rare Blades: Yoshitsune (Akhos), Benkei (Patroka), Satahico (Mikhail), Kamui (Obrona), Zantez, Lago, and Watch. Perdido is already confirmed in an image included within the production note.

I can't find what Perdido's Japanese name is, though. Regardless, it's fair to assume the rest of the untranslated names are Torna Blades. If anyone knows, feel free to share!

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@JTMnM You should use spoiler tags, that's a pretty major spoiler.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

From what I hear, there's also:
New Game Plus, and finally, what you keep from game to game:
-levels
-equipment
-art levels
-all your blades(!)
-consumable items and gold
-gold
-dev level
-merc level
-event theater scenes
-unique monster tombstones

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

@darkfenrir Oh, so their intention wasn't for you to grind trust using pouch items but rather get it naturally via New Game+.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

@Grumblevolcano Nah, you lost the trust at NG+.

So... I shall hear... "We are Ursula's New Groove! And we are doing what we can!"

(at least it's skippable now)

Oh yeah, on future update, it seems we'll be able to skip the blade pulling animation! THANK GOODNESS.

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

Holy ****. Amazing patch notes.

Just a shame the game was rushed to not have these QoL stuff, but it was probably for the best to keep up the Switch momentum.

At least it was better than Xenoblade X which STILL has a gamebreaking bug that can completely soft-lock your progress and was never patched out at all. Or even received any patches, come to think of it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

There's some more notes about the update from an article attached to a Nintendo UK tweet.

New Game+

• The extra Blades can be obtained either from the normal core crystal grinding approach or via quests (so if you already have all the other Blades, you don't have to do anymore core crystal resonating)
  • Driver affinity charts get 15 more skills
  • Bonus XP can be spent by talking to travelling bards for special items
  • The affinity charts of all Drivers and Blades carry over to New Game+

All playthroughs

• More sorting options are available for Accessories, Aux Cores and Blades
  • To access New Game+, you must have saved after the credits
  • Those who have completed the game will get a small gift in the near future

Expansion Pass

• With next week's update, the next set of useful items will be distributed
  • The DLC Blade will also have a quest attached

General

• Next update is after March

Think I've covered everything that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread. Of course the article has spoilers so be wary of that.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons The main possible reasons are extra challenge and we don't know how enemy levels are going to be in the 2nd playthrough. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be facing Chapter 1 enemies at level 99 if they're still the same level they were at in the first playthrough.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons Well it says you can buy stuff from travelling bards using bonus XP but you could technically get infinite bonus XP from doing merc missions so unless the stuff is very expensive, I don't see the advantage of leveling down for the purpose of buying stuff.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

Yeah, I loved Chrono Trigger and XC1's NG+ for just letting you go crazy and massacring anything that goes in your way. That in itself is fun.

However, the ability to level yourself down is also very awesome, as it'll allow me to try crazy stuff like a complete playthrough at only level 1 (like one of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia's Hard Mode selections).

That's why I'm gonna be doing two NG+ runs. One for that challenge run, the other as a "lol destroying everything" run.

Rip another 150 hours of my life lol.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NinjaAceTrainer

@JTMnM Who are Zantez, Lago, Watch and Perdida? I haven't heard of or seen them before.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

NinjaAceTrainer

@Tsurii When were they used? I don't remember seeing them.
EDIT: Oh wait... they must just be Akhos, Mikhail, Patroka and Malos' blades. Sorry about my general unobservance.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

jtmnm

@NinjaAceTrainer The main site included all the translated names in the article about the upcoming patch. The Torna Blades have incredible designs, in my opinion. Hype!

(Spoilers) I included images of the Torna Blades for anyone who wants them:

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

NinjaAceTrainer

What about that last one though? In your earlier post, you listed 4 blades and Obrona and the 'other three'. Zantez, Lago, Watch and Perdido, are their Japanese names, plus Kamui (Obrona) I think.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic