Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 15,210

Octane

Blast wrote:

Octane wrote:

Blast wrote:

NX Zelda U version will probably have better graphics and a extra dungeon or something. Zelda U will most likely have nothing exclusive to brag about. I hate to say that but I bet that's what's gonna happen.

@Blast: You already said that. I pointed out that the Wii version of Twilight Princess didn't have exclusive content, you completely ignored my post, and you say the same thing again. What's the problem?

How else can Nintendo convince Wii U owners to double dip on the NX version? And like @Operative said. Wii's TP had motion controls which was a very immersive mechanic for many people. Gamecube version didn't have that. I bet Nintendo is also borderline desperate to get the NX version to sell.... And I'm a bazillion percent positive the NX version will look better than the Wii U version.

You're betting quite a lot. My advise would be to withhold most assumptions and just wait and see. Remember, this is just a rumour. Most of them turn out to be false in the end, despite the fact that many have said ''but I'm sure Nintendo would do such thing''. I'm just baffled sometimes how upset people can get over a bunch over rumours.

If we're assuming that the NX is the successor to the Wii U, I cannot see it releasing any earlier than 2017. We know literally nothing about the NX, and people are already expecting it next year. And if the Wii's motion controls were the upgrade for Twilight Princess, why wouldn't the NX controller be the upgrade for Zelda U? I can guarantee you that Nintendo won't add exclusive dungeons to a NX port if that happens. It probably won't look any different either.

Octane

TuVictus

@Octane

You're assuming the NX would have a wacky control scheme that changes how you play the game. I'm not. If it does use just an upgrade the gamepad, in which buttons are the primary mode of input, then it wouldn't be enough to consider it an "upgrade" from the Wii U version, as the Wii version of TP was made out to be from the GC version.

But if the NX used some virtual reality gloves or something then yeah the controls would be the upgrade, I imagine.

TuVictus

Blast

arronishere wrote:

Blast wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Blast wrote:

Octane wrote:

Blast wrote:

NX Zelda U version will probably have better graphics and a extra dungeon or something. Zelda U will most likely have nothing exclusive to brag about. I hate to say that but I bet that's what's gonna happen.

You already said that. I pointed out that the Wii version of Twilight Princess didn't have exclusive content, you completely ignored my post, and you say the same thing again. What's the problem?

How else can Nintendo convince Wii U owners to double dip on the NX version? And like said. Wii's TP had motion controls which was a very immersive mechanic for many people. Gamecube version didn't have that. I bet Nintendo is also borderline desperate to get the NX version to sell.... And I'm a bazillion percent positive the NX version will look better than the Wii U version.

I think something people miss with the NGC & Wii TP comparison is that not alot of people had a NGC in the first place so they didn't really need to cohert that audience to double dip.

You guys are gonna be in a rude awakening when NX version gets exclusive content and looks better than the Wii U version. I'm already prepared for the disgust and outcry from Wii U owners like myself when it gets revealed. I've already accepted that this situation is messed up and screwed up. If the NX version doesn't have anything exclusive then I will eat my own words.

What is there isn't even a NX version?

I hope there isn't a NX version but I've been suspecting there is. Zelda U will most likely be shown again at E3 2016... the same conference where I bet the NX will be talked about. Its too coincidental that it hurts me. I can already imagine it... "Here's Zelda U's real name, guys!!! Oh and uh... Zelda U is also coming to NX! Look how pretty the NX version is! And guess what? We threw in a extra dungeon for you in the NX version but don't feel bad! The Wii U version is still good too.... suckers."

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

Operative wrote:

Octane

You're assuming the NX would have a wacky control scheme that changes how you play the game. I'm not. If it does use just an upgrade the gamepad, in which buttons are the primary mode of input, then it wouldn't be enough to consider it an "upgrade" from the Wii U version, as the Wii version of TP was made out to be from the GC version.

But if the NX used some virtual reality gloves or something then yeah the controls would be the upgrade, I imagine.

@Operative: Another GamePad is the last thing Nintendo would build a console around. Anyway, my comment was just an example. I don't think that the Wii Remote was the ''exclusive upgrade'' that the Wii version of Twilight Princess got, it was just a different control scheme. The content was the same. The same is probably true for Zelda U, if it's a cross-gen game, there's no reason to assume that it will get exclusive content.

Octane

TuVictus

Well considering the recent patents I wouldn't be so sure about that.

All I'm saying is, assuming the NX does get Zelda U, they're going to do something to make it appealing to Wii U owners. In TP;s case, it was the motion controls. I wouldn't go as far as to say it would have more dungeons or anything like that. But maybe it'd get DLC the Wii U version wouldn't, or maybe it has some advanced NX only miiverse integration. Really, there's lots they could to to incentivize double dipping.

TuVictus

Blast

Operative wrote:

All I'm saying is, assuming the NX does get Zelda U, they're going to do something to make it appealing to Wii U owners. In TP;s case, it was the motion controls. I wouldn't go as far as to say it would have more dungeons or anything like that. But maybe it'd get DLC the Wii U version wouldn't, or maybe it has some advanced NX only miiverse integration. Really, there's lots they could to to incentivize double dipping.

EXACTLY.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

HOWEVER... I will say this... If Twilight Princess HD is a more prettier and flashier version of this Zelda Wii U tech demo then I might even warm up to it.
Untitled

Meanwhile Zelda U is truly in a corner and crying because of lack of attention.

Master of the Hype Train

WebHead

@Blast: yeah I kinda hope that from now on Nintendo doesn't announce it show off games more than a year in advanced.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

whodatninja

WebHead wrote:

@Blast: yeah I kinda hope that from now on Nintendo doesn't announce it show off games more than a year in advanced.

I can see that, but I wouldn't mind as much if they gave regular updates. That's what I liked about Smash Bros, the "pic of the day" thing and regular appearances in Nintendo Directs.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Octane

Operative wrote:

@Operative: What patents? None of them talked specifically about a GamePad like controller. I know that a lot of them had images that displayed a controller with a screen, but if you actually read the patents (which I know even media sites apparantly don't bother to do), you'll know that all patents specifially mention that the image is nothing more than a placeholder and that the patent in question can work with any type of controller. The important bit are the claims made in the patent, not the images, those are just examples. That being said, even patents don't mean anything. Companies file patents all the time, people just like to dig Nintendo stuff up, because Nintendo isn't talking and they need something to talk about.

And all I'm saying is that there is a lot of speculation, which isn't necesarily the problem, but a lot of it is based on rumours, baseless assumptions and misunderstandings.

Octane

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Well, in starting to think that Zelda will either go the Skyrim route with dark souls/zombi u multiplayer messages, or a multiplayer Zelda like Fable or Assasins creed ( cringe) either in an online multiplayer or online co-op element.

Hopefully Zelda U is more Dark Souls but I highly doubt that. Zelda U has a awkward looking but full of potential Bullet Time mechanic when Link shoots arrows.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Why on earth would they overhaul the graphics?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Wind Waker 2, you heard it here first.

It already looks like Wind Waker. If anything the only thing the graphics need is more and more diverse assets in the overworld forests, mountains, etc.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Well, in starting to think that Zelda will either go the Skyrim route with dark souls/zombi u multiplayer messages, or a multiplayer Zelda like Fable or Assasins creed ( cringe) either in an online multiplayer or online co-op element.

Hopefully Zelda U is more Dark Souls but I highly doubt that. Zelda U has a awkward looking but full of potential Bullet Time mechanic when Link shoots arrows.

I never put two and two together, but you are absolutely right with the bullet time. I just think they have completely overhauled Zelda U from what they showed before. Graphics and everything else on down.

The Bullet Time mechanic can be cool if a bunch of enemies are charging at Link so you must shoot them down. Or if you're facing a boss with weak spots that require Bullet Time accuracy.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Pretty sure we already got Wind Waker 2.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Supposedly Twilight Princess was originally going to be Wind Waker 2

Also, it's ridiculous to think that an NX version will have exclusive content. Nintendo has no reason to do this. As long as they launch Zelda with NX, that's all they need.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

I don't see why they would overhaul the graphics when nobody seemed to have a problem with it (sure the Game Awards demo had it's barren spots but that's due to it being unfinished).

And what's with this idea that the possible NX version shouldn't look and run better? NX would have better hardware (it'd be stupid if it didn't), so why shouldn't the game be allowed to take advantage of that?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Haru17

I repeat; Zelda U already takes great influence from the Wind Waker. Just look at Link and the horse's character design.

Untitled

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

cookiex

^The only thing the two gifs there seem to share is that they're both cel-shaded. The character proportion, body and facial animation, and even the backdrop in the latter is more Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic