Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 15,210

gcunit

Semi-random but... I've been playing Red Dead Redemption for the first time over the last couple of days and I found myself thinking that it probably holds the current highpoint for open-world adventuring across open landscapes on horseback. So hopefully Zelda U is aiming to surpass RDR quality.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

And Wind Waker Link is 'realistic' for Toon Link's world (big heads, etc.) If he had disproportionate hands, for instance, he'd look weirder. Also, big heads are cute, whereas enlarged or shrunken other things are less so. The Wind Waker is actually quite restrained in it's 'cartoony' art style, which I respect.

Ok, so that's more a kind of stylistic consistency rather than realism then. I can agree on that. I just wouldn't use the term "realistic".

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Ok, so that's more a kind of stylistic consistency rather than realism then. I can agree on that. I just wouldn't use the term "realistic".

Perhaps, but I do think that the Wind Waker is 'realistic' in its character modeling to a greater extent.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Well I'm not sure what your definition of "realistic" is. Most people take it to mean how accurately something represents reality. Wind Waker does not do that. My face is not cell shaded.

CaviarMeths

Mine is.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Well I'm not sure what your definition of "realistic" is. Most people take it to mean how accurately something represents reality. Wind Waker does not do that. My face is not cell shaded.

I just said character modeling. Cel shading concerns the textures.

Blast

How much you guys wanna bet that Navi is back in some form?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

-Green-

Blast wrote:

I would love to see Fi. Since she is still within the Master Sword, it would be great to see her again.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Who... are you?

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

I just said character modeling. Cel shading concerns the textures.

What are you on about? Please find a single human person who has this body shape:

Untitled

Octane

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

I would love to see Fi. Since she is still within the Master Sword, it would be great to see her again.

I'd rather have that thing stay in the sword and never come out again.

Octane

-Green-

Octane wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

I actually enjoyed Fi. Meanie .

Although honestly, if they ever did make Fi comeback it would be for the best if they changed her up a bit.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

What are you on about? Please find a single human person who has this body shape:

Untitled

Strangled noise of exasperation. The characters in the Wind Waker still abide by many verisimilitudinous design principles. Link is basically a 10-year-old with a bigger head, but proportional limbs n' stuff.

jump

I think thing is the right word to describe Fi. I never really got why they gave her such a graceful look and movements for only for her to sound like a broken robot calculator when they could of gone in more spiritual/mystical/mysterious way.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

Aromaiden wrote:

Octane wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

I actually enjoyed Fi. Meanie .

Although honestly, if they ever did make Fi comeback it would be for the best if they changed her up a bit.

When characters pop up every 15 minutes to tell me exactly the thing I've just been told, it'll get annoying really fast.

Octane

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Strangled noise of exasperation. The characters in the Wind Waker still abide by many verisimilitudinous design principles. Link is basically a 10-year-old with a bigger head, but proportional limbs n' stuff.

They aren't proportional, just look at their short legs. Their arms end where their non-existant knees would be.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

verisimilitudinous

I can never tell if you're serious or not.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Do you think an easier way to argue would be to just use the meaning of the words as is commonly understood to construct your opinion rather that randomly redefining words to match your prior opinions and just hoping people happen to know what you meant?

Almost no-one would call those Wind Waker characters realistic.

Edited on by Dezzy

Blast

How about we get completely new races? Let's abandon the Gorons and the other races and replace them with totally new and unique races for Zelda U. Or... Just bring the Gerudo women back. Yesss

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic