Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,761 to 14,780 of 15,210

1ofUs

Should I replay botw?

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@1ofUs I played it BOTW 2.5 times. You can start a new game file(via new switch user). The beginning is fun. I replayed the beginning and unlocked the towers, like, four times, I think?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

FroZtedFlake

I've played it about 5 haha and I still can't get enough

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

FroZtedFlake

@WoomyNNYes I love doing the challenge runs people come up with, they make the game an entirely different experience every time lol, and you have to learn some ridiculous cool tricks to adapt

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Ceivel

Don't know if this is the right place... just started here but;

Should I get the BotW DLC?

I had a blast with the main game, and I'm 100+ hours in and really want to keep the ball rolling. The best part of the game for me was the exploration, player freedom, and combat. I know, I'm so unique, but I wonder if the DLC will flesh out the fun I had with the main game and maybe bring me to 200 hours.

TL;DR, I mainly want more content that adds on the my current enjoyment, and I wonder if the DLC will deliver on that.

They better fix the trees in Legends: Arceus...

jedgamesguy

@Ceivel It supplements the main story in some fun ways. The second DLC pack will need you to beat the four Divine Beasts, but it adds a decent amount of gameplay and some fun challenges. The first one adds Master Mode, and gives you a much harder game, which considering how flat the difficulty curve gets near the end, is welcome. And Hero's Path, which is relatively fun to retrace your steps and all. It's absolutely worth the money if you're asking that.

And no need to TL;DR. Some people here write essays in the forums... those? Those you can TL;DR! Hope you enjoy the forums.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ceivel

Yeah, the TL;DR was unnecessary lmao. I was looking at master mode, but I had no idea what heros path was, and it does look helpful, especially cause in my main save file I want to 100% the game. Maybe I could start up a master mode file while I'm waiting, because I would appreciate if the game was a bit harder near the mid to end game. So if we don't bet BotW 2 news in the coming weeks, I will get the DLC. Thank you!

Edited on by Ceivel

They better fix the trees in Legends: Arceus...

jedgamesguy

@Ceivel You may as well get it now, because Eiji Aonuma said in the 02.17.21 Nintendo Direct, that we could expect news on the game by the end of the year. He also said that they'd need more time on it, so... don't hold out, at least that's what Nintendo themselves have said.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rallydefault

@Ceivel
Definitely get it. Even for someone like me who didn't really love BotW but still enjoyed it somewhat, the DLC was worth every penny. I had a really good time with it.

rallydefault

WoomyNNYes

@Ceivel I liked the DLC, and thought it was a must play if you like BOTW. Also, I believe reviews for the DLC reflect that position. It's been way too long for me to recall how many hours it adds, you may want to check DLC reviews get an idea.

I have no idea what "TL:DR" means. edit: looked it up. Nevermind

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes "Too long; didn't read"
Basically nice speak for, your post was too boring for me to actually read.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rambler

The Champions' Ballard in the DLC, while more of the same, is fantastic fun with an excellent reward.
It also contains some items that make the game more enjoyable as well.
Totally worth the money

Rambler

jedgamesguy

@Rambler Agreed, it really outdoes the $20 price tag. Makes other DLC feel pathetic in comparison.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Varking

Ceivel wrote:

Don't know if this is the right place... just started here but;

I had a blast with the main game, and I'm 100+ hours in and really want to keep the ball rolling. The best part of the game for me was the exploration, player freedom, and combat. I know, I'm so unique, but I wonder if the DLC will flesh out the fun I had with the main game and maybe bring me to 200 hours.

TL;DR, I mainly want more content that adds on the my current enjoyment, and I wonder if the DLC will deliver on that.

I definitely think it’s worth it. This is the only Switch game so far that is even close to the amount of hours I’ve sunk into Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Varking

Switch Friend Code: SW-2170-3160-1269 | My Nintendo: varking | Nintendo Network ID: Varking

jedgamesguy

@Varking Breath of the Wild just got beaten by Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition on my Switch playtime.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dezzy

Ceivel wrote:

Definitely yes. It's great value for money if you just want to expand the game. But you should be aware that there's nothing really exploration focused in the DLC.

The first DLC is essentially just a long survival and combat challenge (which is really good imo), and the second DLC is essentially just a new bunch of shrines and then one new divine beast dungeon.

Both are pretty great, but they're not anything really new or original.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Oswinner

Big Zelda fan. Put in 30+ hours into this game the last 4 or 5 weeks. At first I was really enjoying it. Hyrule never looked so good. The physics engine is incredible.

However, I cant stay glued to it like other Zelda titles. I couldn’t put my finger on it but it clicked last night. Weapon durability kills it for me. I understand torches/weak clubs/tree branches etc smashing after only a few uses but some of these weapons break far too easily. Do not like it one bit.

I should love this game. Hyrule has never looked better. But combat is not good. Why fight? It’ll only break my weapon.

Ocarina (10/10)
Majoras (10/10)
Twilight Princess (9/10)
Wind Waker (9/10)
Skyward Sword (8/10)
Breath of the Wild (7/10)

Oswinner

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic