Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,061 to 14,080 of 15,201

Grumblevolcano

Maybe Nintendo added in more slot increases from Hetsu with the latest update hence making collecting all Korok seeds not meaningless anymore?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Cynas

@SKTTR The current maximum is 5 pages (100 items) but there's now 107 different pieces of clothing. I'm really hoping there's a patch later that adds one more page.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

-Green-

Isn’t there some sort of dude who also sells some of the special costumes? Maybe for now you could use him.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Agriculture

I did not care that much for the Champions ballad. MASSIVE SPOILERS.

First it was just shrine after shrine, and I never liked the shrines in the main game. On top of that, the dlc relied heavily on taking away your stuff to regulate the difficulty, which means there still isn't any use for your overpowered character. The only exception was the muldugaking mini boss, which still wasn't that demanding.

Then you got a single proper dungeon with a boss at the end. After finishing the boss you get a motorcycle, which is basically just an infinitely more stupid version of a horse. I know this game is supposed to have elements of sci-fi, but that is just ridiculous. The final nail in the coffin was that you were only rewarded 4 more spirit orbs throughout the dlc, which means you still can't have max stamina and health

Edited on by Agriculture

Agriculture

-Green-

I enjoyed it. Honestly, I wish we had gotten more stuff similar to the DLC in the main game.

Still don’t agree with the dislike towards the motorcycle. I don’t know, but this game is basically Sci-Fi all the time, to the point where it’s present about as much (if not more than) magic.

Edited on by -Green-

Agriculture

DarthNocturnal wrote:

One of the original pitched concepts was a full-scale alien invasion. It may have been dropped, but come on, the Guardians scream “martian tripod“ (complete with “heat ray“). Is a motorbike (running on said Guardian tech, no less) THAT much of a stretch? Nevermind his tablet...

The problem isn't that it's tech, it's that it doesn't fit the theme.

Agriculture

MarioBrickLayer

I have started playing the DLC today, really liked the Obliterator to defeat the enemy camps, I've completed 2 of the 4 shrines...

Is it just me or are they the best shrines of the entire game?!

MarioBrickLayer

-Green-

Agriculture wrote:

Can you explain a bit? Is it that it appears too much like a real motorcycle, or do you just not enjoy the sci-fi elements? Or is something else?

Edited on by -Green-

Agriculture

-Green- wrote:

Agriculture wrote:

Can you explain a bit? Is it that it appears too much like a real motorcycle, or do you just not enjoy the sci-di elements? Or is something else?

It looks and behaves too much like a real motorcycle. It would have worked much better with something that looked and behaved like a ghost from Halo.

Agriculture

-Green-

I thought it would be something like that. I don’t have an issue with it, I think it’s cool, but to each their own.

TuVictus

So, this story DLC doesn't have much story in it. Gotta say I'm a kinda disappointed in what I've played so far

TuVictus

-Green-

Yeah that crossed my head a lot. It’s essentially just DLC saying the champions were like this and oh here’s Kass. Accompanied with their respective character dumps in their diaries. It would have been better had it just been integrated into the original game rather than tacked on at the end.

But I suppose that’s fitting for BotW lol.

Edited on by -Green-

Kimyonaakuma

So I've been slowly working my way through Champion's Ballad, not as much as I would have liked but I sadly have other things to do

From what I have played it's been great, it's added more difficulty and even though it's doing this by just taking your items I still appreciate it. I enjoyed this game more when I had fewer resources to work with but by the 3rd or 4th Divine Beast I had full stamina and overpowered weapons, which made the "magic" kind of fade for me.
The first part of the DLC removed these issues by adding the obliterator weapon and I enjoyed dying often (sounds weird but it's true), using my limited arrows and the terrain to my advantage. It forced me to think more creatively when fighting which is awesome!
My only complaint with that section was that I didn't like how the great plateau became like the lost woods, I died several times just due to the mist and the song always freaks me out...

Apart from that I just completed the Vah Ruta/Mipha section and I found it really fun! I like how everything is integrated into the base game and you can see a little into what happens after the Divine Beasts. The riddles were fun but the illusory rematches were just meh, I didn't love them the first time so a rematch didn't do much for me. Not looking forward to fighting Thunderblight Ganon again but I'll do it to unlock as many of the cutscenes with Champions as I can get, it's one of my main reasons to finish Champion's Ballad. They're so good even if they make me slightly emotional, and that was only after Mipha's, Urbosa and Revali will make me a wreck!

I'd also like to add that the new shrines are some of the best in the game...at least in my opinion. They are some of the most creative so far and they have a good difficulty level from what I've seen.

...as for the motorbike, it seems cool but I'm not sure how much I'll use it. I like the look of it though, I hope it has some backstory instead of "here's a bike, enjoy!" but we'll see...

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

I'm a Newbie of Zelda games (Never played before)
Are the DLC easy enough for Newbie players like me ?

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter: You don't have access to the Champion's Ballad DLC main quest until you beat all 4 titans of the base game. There are 6 sidequests available instantly however.

How far are you into the base game?

As for the difficulty: Just save before every challenging situation and you'll have as many chances as you want to try different things.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Anti-Matter

SKTTR wrote:

@Anti-Matter: You don't have access to the Champion's Ballad DLC main quest until you beat all 4 titans of the base game. There are 6 sidequests available instantly however.

As for the difficulty: Just save before every challenging situation and you'll have as many chances as you want to try different things.

I still haven't play yet. :sweat_smiling:
But i will play Zelda BOTW soon once i buy Nintendo Switch on.... 31 December 2017, according to my latest plan after i count my budget before i buy.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Agriculture

Anti-Matter wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I still haven't play yet. :sweat_smiling:
But i will play Zelda BOTW soon once i buy Nintendo Switch on.... 31 December 2017, according to my latest plan after i count my budget before i buy.

I wouldn't buy the expansion pass before I've played through the main game. The first DLC pack was great, and while I had some complaints about the second one, it was also good. So if you buy a Switch with Zelda, then if you like it I would recommend the expansion pass after you've beaten the game.

Agriculture

Jacob1092

After you've finished the DLC, go back to your house in Hateno. I just discovered a lovely little moment for myself.

Jacob1092

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic