Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,041 to 14,060 of 15,210

jump

I'm really not feeling this instance kill stuff. I was hoping for more adventuring.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

nikoamii

Rest In Peace me. I have to beat the beasts first? Looks like Nikos gotta go to work

nikoamii

gcunit

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm grateful for the use of spoiler tags when discussing all new content outside of the trailer.

I've bought the DLC today, looking forward to getting back into things. I do miss Hyrule 😞

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

So, can anyone explain to me how many new shrines or whatever there in the game? Are there even new shrines? I read there was a dungeon? Is it like the others? And does everything take place in the past?

Octane

Octane

@AlternateButtons I think I can live without it then, maybe I'll double dip once the inevitable GOTY edition comes out and drops in price.

Octane

Octane

@AlternateButtons At the end? Then what's the point?

Does it add any new stuff to the map? Like, are the shrines accessible from the map? And is there just a fifth divine beast roaming about? I read somewhere you need to beat the main game before you can access the DLC.

Octane

-Green-

The shrines are accessible on map once you do the task to unlock them. You need to have freed all 4 DB to do the DLC.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@-Green- What kind of task it that if you don't mind me asking? Just put it in spoiler tags if it's too spoiler-y, I don't mind the spoilers in this case.

Octane

gcunit

Playing the game this evening. It's the first time in 3 months! Seems amazing that it's been that long. Returning to it now is just like returning to Oz, Narnia, or Middle Earth as a kid - it's wondrously magical all over again. Staggers me there could be GOTY doubters when, in terms of adventure games, this game is GOAT.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

-Green-

I phrased it poorly. It’s actually tasks as you perform a task for each. So I’ll list a few of them if you want to know.
The original four requires defeating multiple camps of enemies using a unique weapon that turns you into a glass cannon but also makes you capable of one shotting any enemy. Afterwards (at least the ones I’ve done) require a process of locating the shrine location through photos and then performing some sort of task. Like defeating a unique boss, clearing different types of obstacle courses like boarding and flying and completing a form of ‘riddle’.

Edited on by -Green-

TuVictus

Just fired up the game for the DLC today. Man, I didn't explore as much of the map as I thought I did.

I opted against restarting the game and just continued with the DLC outright. Difficult, of course, but I think I can say I won't replay the game fully yet. I'm already feeling burned out on the idea of exploring the world again.

TuVictus

JaxonH

Love the Obliterator mechanic. It's brilliant.

I particularly like that you're out in the world so you can save the game if you're having trouble... couldn't do that in the Sword of Trials or whatever that last trial DLC was called.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

While I can't access any of the DLC because I'm not far enough (kind of close to my 2nd Divine Beast), I really like that all the DLC is integrated into the world itself rather than being a separate menu on the title screen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@AlternateButtons
It is stressful.

That said, the feeling of accomplishment and the thrill of victory becomes that much sweeter. I imagine it's akin to the way Fire Emblem gamers feel playing on permadeath.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cynas

Just beat the Champions Ballad DLC. I loved all of the new main story quests but I'm pretty disappointed about something. Apparently there's a limit to the amount of clothing items you can have, And with the addition of this new DLC it's impossible to have one of everything. Hopefully they add an extra page to the clothing tab so I can get all the new DLC outfits without having to throw away something. For now they'll just have to sit inside their chests, possibly never getting worn. I could sell some outfits that I own but they all have too much sentimental value.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

-Green-

Yeah, I liked this DLC a fair amount. The new dungeon was honestly pretty fun and the ending had me smiling so that had to mean something for me.

Overall, I enjoyed it.

Dezzy

They really should've warned us that you'd need to be near the end of the game. I've still got 2 more divine beasts to do on my new save.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Xaldin wrote:

Just beat the Champions Ballad DLC. I loved all of the new main story quests but I'm pretty disappointed about something. Apparently there's a limit to the amount of clothing items you can have, And with the addition of this new DLC it's impossible to have one of everything. Hopefully they add an extra page to the clothing tab so I can get all the new DLC outfits without having to throw away something. For now they'll just have to sit inside their chests, possibly never getting worn. I could sell some outfits that I own but they all have too much sentimental value.

That's ridiculous!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SKTTR

@Xaldin

Woah, it really sucks that you cannot collect all armor.
Especially when you pay 60 bucks for the Champion amiibos (to get their exclusive pieces of armor) and then find out you can't pick em up. What a joke! I hope Nintendo is getting truckloads of angry mails for that. I know I would be so p*ssed, having spent so much on amiibo to get all the clothing and then the game denying me a full collection.

What's the max number of gear you can collect (full pages)?

Also, the unobtainable glitch chests are still in the game! 9 months with no patch!
What's up with Nintendo?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Henmii

"Apparently there's a limit to the amount of clothing items you can have, And with the addition of this new DLC it's impossible to have one of everything"

That's pretty bad, especially if you upgraded them to the max! I think I have got almost everything (Xenoblade dlc included) minus the Amiibo stuff. And I have almost upgraded everything to the max. I might first finish that stuff before I go to the new dlc.

Someone came into trouble because he had lots of re-colored stuff. But if you plan to get at least one of everything, that should be possible. Make extra pages Nintendo, or a museum where we can swap/store stuff. I don't want to throw away highly upgraded stuff!

Sorry if this sounded a bit daft, I was in a hurry. But you get what I mean.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic