Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,861 to 13,880 of 15,210

Ralizah

@KirbyTheVampire I never got bored, but then, I never set out with the intention of hunting them down, either. I collected... a few hundred, I think? I just paid attention to my surroundings and was usually pleasantly surprised when I managed to discover one.

But yeah, hunting down 900 of these wouldn't be fun for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

KirbyTheVampire

@Ralizah I didn't purposely hunt them down either, but I stopped finding it interesting pretty quickly. At first I would be like "Oh, cool, a Korok seed!", but then when I reached 60-ish like I said, my reaction was more like "Oh. Korok Seed. Meh. Might as well grab it"

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

shadow-wolf

@Jhena But did you really enjoy it? You just said BotW was your least favorite Zelda, and thought it was overrated.

You shouldn't play every game to the fullest, or else every game won't be fun and will feel like a job. Play each game as long as you find it fun, and then move on. You shouldn't fully play a game, when you're not enjoying it from the 50% on, just because you want to finish it and see 100%. Cause at that point it feels like a job, and real life already has enough jobs you don't need to add one more lol.

If you enjoy finding the 900 seeds, that's fine. But after 200 you feel they're repetitive, don't do them. Just because you don't collect all 900 doesnt mean you don't enjoy the game, as there is a lot of other content (like shrines).

Think of it this way: the length of BotW is customizable. For players who just wanna play the main story, it's about 30 hours or so. For players who wanna beat the game and explore most of the locations and complete as many shrines, side quests, and seeds as they like, it's about 100-150 hours (like me, who's at 120). And then if you want to do every shrine, seed, quest it'd be 350 to 500 hours. Each group is playing the game but is doing so based on their preference, which I think is clever game design.

shadow-wolf

SKTTR

I didn't collect 900 Korok Seeds for a reward, I did it because I wanted to solve every puzzle in the game and see every location in the game.
The game is amazing, and so it was fun.

For every boring pick-up-a-rock-Korok there was another Korok that needed some time to find or some puzzle to solve. I realised they're not slapped over the world randomly, they are carefully placed for the most part.

Sure, finding them all is one of the very last things left to do in the game after completing everything else 100%. But I'm glad the game offered a lengthy "extra campaign" with the 900 Korok seeds for players who wanted to get more exploration, puzzle and adventure out of the game.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ralizah

@SKTTR That seems like a healthy approach. I can appreciate that. What I don't get is these people who hunt all of them down, seem to consider doing so to be a pain, and then complain when the reward isn't good enough to justify the amount of time they spent tracking them down.

I know I won't enjoy tracking down 900 korok seeds, which is why I won't be doing it. When the activity gets to the point where it seems purposeless to me, then it's only a waste of my time if I continue to engage in it.

I consider them to be fully little tools to reward exploration, and they're perfect in that regard. Like a small pat on the back for going a certain place and doing a certain thing that also has an in-game benefit.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Jhena

@shadow-wolf I dont have a problem if people dont want to play the whole game and theres the difference: Ralizah told competionists in a passive aggressive way to chill out as if we cared how he plays his or her game. As if we were responsible nintendo put 900 seeds inside the game.

And are you seriously asking me wether i enjoyed the game?^^ Its awesome people not even having played the whole game asking me if i really enjoeyd the game xD I think i mentioned it enough that i enjoyed this game. Is this game so bad you cant believe me?^^ I played it for 335 hours. But just because i can play something for long it doesnt mean the game has an important spot inside of my heart. I have fun playing the game but the soul of the game feels lacking compared to older entries.
Compared to a game like witcher 3 or skyrim or fallout 4 it just doesnt feel deep. Zelda is like a very sweet icecream sprinkled with some of zeldas salty tears. And the others feel like a complete and nutritious meal. I like sweets but i get hungry again pretty fast when i eat sweets.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

SKTTR

I wouldn't compare an action-adventure like Zelda to an RPG.
If Skyrim was an action-adventure it would fit for comparison, but it's not.
Skyrim has much more in common with Xenoblade X.

Anyway, both Zelda:BotW and Skyrim have major strengths and minor weaknesses for the genre they're in and both try to achieve something completely different. You find stuff in BotW you wish was in Skyrim, and you find stuff in Skyrim you wish was in BotW. How nice that we can now have both games on one system and enjoy both for what they are, without endless senseless debate.

Jhena

@SKTTR Funny wanst the big talk that zelda now went full open world?^^
Besides i can compare a game to another game in terms of what it means to me. So its not an rpg means i never can truly love it? RPGs are superiour you mean to say?

Jhena

SKTTR

Yeah, it's the big talk, the big comparison between two games of different genres that makes no sense to me. It's not my thing to get into an apple&pear comparison.

NEStalgia

I think too many people hear "open world" and think it's an RPG. The fans comparing it to Skyrim and Witcher aren't helping. The "Open world" should be more compared to (poor comparison) Assassin's Creed, or GTA....both of which are really 20-40 hour games for the main campaign and primary side quests (at best), not really a 300+ hour game like Skyrim. BotW's playthrough time really falls right down the middle. Fitting for a survival-action game that's neither RPG nor cinematic drama.

NEStalgia

gcunit

@NEStalgia Not such a poor comparison, I'd say. I was playing Assassin's Creed 2 recently and I realised the aspect of it I was loving the most was the free-running and climbing, and I found myself feeling BotW might have taken a pretty large slice of inspiration from AC.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

To be honest, I think the only reason they added so many Koroks is because they wanted everyone to find a few hundred by playing naturally.

I don't think they actually expected that many people would actually want to find them all. But it's nice that they at least added one little bit of acknowledgment in the form of Hetsu's gift.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@gcunit The reason I think it's not really a great comparison isn't so much the controls or content so much as the mission structure.....AC has an open world that frames the "core" game which is the heavily scripted cinematic missions that take place in areas of the world that are otherwise locked out (or at least almost impossible to access due to enemy gates.) Though now that I think about it the Beasts are very similar to said scripted missions....so it's not as different as I was thinking after all!

NEStalgia

gcunit

@NEStalgia Oh man, I am hitting them out of the park today!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Jhena

@SKTTR Again all i said is that i think those three games i mentioned felt deeper and dont lack a soul. I could have also mentioned okami or twillight princess or gta 5 or whatever. I just brought up games that mean something to me. Those are games that will be remembered fondly by me in years. Zelda will be remembered as just a nice game with stuff to do. This is all i meant. Them being of the same genre is just coincidence. You were the one who brought up the genre comparison. So if its not your thing dont bring it up.

Jhena

SKTTR

I didn't compare 2 games of 2 different genres like you did. I get your point though about certain games lacking soul compared to certain others. Well, that is just a personal opinion. I said it would lead to senseless debate, and see, it's already starting. I'm out.

Jhena

@SKTTR Lol the one starting the debate about personal preferences tells me now it would lead to senseless debate. You could have just aknowledged that you misinterpreted my point. But no your still telling me that i started the genre comparison. This part you said it yourself: "I get your point though about certain games lacking soul compared to others". This is what i meant. But of course im at fault for starting the genre comparison xD Its because im Black isnt it?^^

But yes lets stop this. I will aknowledge that you find it strange that i prefer the taste of a chiquita banana over the taste of an apple though the banana is not part of the apple family.

Jhena

SKTTR

@Jhena I wasn't directing this to you personally but in general. I have not pointed anything towards you when I was writing my opinion about comparing 2 games of 2 diffrent genres.

If you take things personal, then you should be more into it, like having read my earlier post more carefully where I predicted that it leads to senseless debate. You see, I was just confirming in my last post that what I predicted has happened. You seem to have missed that.

Also, the moment I write directly to you and acknowledge your point, you say I don't acknowledge your point. That feels twisted to me. I have no more time for this.

Jhena

SKTTR wrote:

I wouldn't compare an action-adventure like Zelda to an RPG.
If Skyrim was an action-adventure it would fit for comparison, but it's not.
Skyrim has much more in common with Xenoblade X.

Anyway, both Zelda:BotW and Skyrim have major strengths and minor weaknesses for the genre they're in and both try to achieve something completely different. You find stuff in BotW you wish was in Skyrim, and you find stuff in Skyrim you wish was in BotW. How nice that we can now have both games on one system and enjoy both for what they are, without endless senseless debate.

This is what you wrote. No one besides me mentioned anything about skyrim the last few pages. This comment is written directly after i was writing about skyrim and other games. Dont tell me its not directed at me.^^ Besides you had more than enough time to point out that it wasnt directed at my comment. The comment about it leading to senseless debate was also mentioned after my comment and not before like you write now.

Jhena

Jhena

@SKTTR And here this one : "I didn't compare 2 games of 2 different genres like you did."

Those are your words^^
Edit: Doesnt sound like aknowledging anything does it?

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic