Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 11,361

SpaceAce13

The_Legend77 wrote:

@SpaceAce13

I've beat 20 of my games. I just finished 88 Heroes yesterday of all things. I, uh, got a super cheap victory...if anyone has played it, I was down to my last hero, Miss Fortune...I'll just leave it at that.

Wow, 20 is impressive! How was 88 heroes? Been thinking about picking it up for a while.

The_Legend77 wrote:

@SpaceAce13 I've beat 20 of my games. I just finished 88 Heroes yesterday of all things. I, uh, got a super cheap victory...if anyone has played it, I was down to my last hero, Miss Fortune...I'll just leave it at that.

I think I've played through around 25 of my physical games. I've played most of them for a few or several hours, but haven't finished them yet due to there being so many games being released now (halfway through Doom, just started Battle Chasers, a quarter through Atelier L&S, just started Shantae HGH, etc). Too many games, not enough hours in the day to play them. I'm enjoying Battle Chasers a lot (jrpg and action/rpg are my favorite genres), so I'd like to get through that before Owlboy, Street Fighter Collection, Fallen Legion, Harvest Moon, and Legend of Kay arrive next week.

Actually, I was hoping to play Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon today, but is sounds as though redemption codes for backers on consoles are delayed. Who knows how long that delay will be, but it's fine. Plenty of other things to distract me in the meantime.

[/quote]

I used to do this all the time. Start a game, something else comes out I want to play and end up in the middle of about 10 different games. I’ve been trying hard to complete games before moving on to another one, especially RPGs

SKTTR wrote:

I completed
Zelda BotW (360 hours),
Mario Odyssey (85 hours),
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (360 hours),
L.A. Noire (65 hours),
Thimbleweed Park (25 hours),
Toki Tori 2+,
The Count Lucanor,
Dustoff Heli Rescue II,
League of Evil,
and Plantera DX.

Now that I finished Xenoblade 2 and L.A. Noire 100%, I haven't decided on what to continue next.
It's probably either Skyrim, DOOM, Disgaea 5, or a new game that I want to buy (Ys VIII).

Mario + Rabbids is on ice. I'm on the last stage (which is very difficult) and I need to grind better weapons but I'm too lazy to farm coins. :/

PS. I completed Cave Story and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap on Wii, along with a hundred other Wii and Wii U games that are now available on Switch.

100% xenoblade 2?! That’s blowing my mind haha, nicely done!

SpaceAce13

Magician

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I used to do this all the time. Start a game, something else comes out I want to play and end up in the middle of about 10 different games. I’ve been trying hard to complete games before moving on to another one, especially RPGs.

It doesn't bother me if I don't finish a game. Time is precious. It took me less than ten minutes to realize that games like Aqua Moto and Snow Moto weren't worth my time. I also got about a quarter through Kirby Star Allies and realized that I wasn't enjoying myself with that either. No regrets, I just move on to the next game.

I'm always looking for that same sense of excitement I first experienced when I was four years old, playing Ms. Pac Man on the Atari 2600. Between having less time to play and more games to choose from, that feeling gets harder and harder to find.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,234 games (as of March 12th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

The_Legend77

@SpaceAce13
It wasn't too bad. You get 88 "heroes" to complete 88 stages in 88 minutes. It can be tough honestly. A fun game, but nothing I want to replay. Each "hero" has their own traits...well some can't attack. I say "hero" cause the real heroes are supposedly too busy to save the planner so a group of somewhat heroes step up to the plate. It's not for everyone.

Btw, May 29th is my birthday. Very excited! All kinds of games coming! Picking up standard Owlboy that day...and I have about $80 in GameStop rewards I might cash in and grab a few more games!

The_Legend77

fatbaldman

hey guys i am looking on the limited run games site because i think saturday morning rpg is coming out tommorow. when i look at the standard copy i get the copy saying the time left (19 hours at the moment) but when i look at the special edition there is not the timer like there is usually and it just says coming soon.

anybody know whats up with this release? thanks

fatbaldman

MrCIB

fatbaldman wrote:

hey guys i am looking on the limited run games site because i think saturday morning rpg is coming out tommorow. when i look at the standard copy i get the copy saying the time left (19 hours at the moment) but when i look at the special edition there is not the timer like there is usually and it just says coming soon.

anybody know whats up with this release? thanks

Standard edition is a pre-order and will run for a couple weeks

CE is only 2500 copies and will sellout tomorrow

MrCIB

Magician

fatbaldman wrote:

hey guys i am looking on the limited run games site because i think saturday morning rpg is coming out tommorow. anybody know whats up with this release? thanks

As MrCIB said, the collector's edition usually sells out in less than five minutes. While the standard version is open to order for quite a while. As long as you are logged into LRG at 10am EST, you shouldn't have an issue getting a copy of the CE. But by 10:05am EST you'll miss out. Until the second round of orders at 6pm EST. After that it's $200+ off eBay.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,234 games (as of March 12th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

fatbaldman

thanks both of you yes i have orderde ce thumbleweed and ce flinthook packcombo. skipped pixel junk.

just found it wierd that the timer isnt there like it usually is

fatbaldman

MrCIB

fatbaldman wrote:

thanks both of you yes i have orderde ce thumbleweed and ce flinthook packcombo. skipped pixel junk.

just found it wierd that the timer isnt there like it usually is

Lazy by them.... has happen a few times with PlayStation release

MrCIB

hirokun

I got Little Nightmares yesterday and began playing it. Pretty entertaining, but there are some BS moments in it. Overall a solid game that I now wish had an LE version. Super engaging world. Works great in handheld mode too thankfully since I like to play that way best(modern TV lag is a SOB and hooking it up to my computer monitor means not sitting on a sofa).

Anyhow I'm going to sink the money for the shaqfu for no other reason than the fact that it is limited to 500. Not sure if they mean 500 per console(since its on all 3) or 500 total across all consoles. Either way it is 500 or less, and remember how insane that box game without an actual cart was? Its like $200+ easy on ebay, and it doesn't have an actual game in it(which to me doesn't count). So hopefully shaqfu is in a nice box at least....doubt it, but I'll let you guys know what it looks like to know what you missed(be it good or bad).

Also got some much needed shelving.

Anyone know what is going on with signature games? I thought they were adding another title for switch that would be a signature edition, but I still only see Yonder and Lucanor.

edit: Also if SRG really does do Shelter Generations, looking at what the game is.....yeah they aren't going to be a very successful business if they keep choosing terrible/mediocre games.

Edited on by hirokun

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Katelyn1223

hirokun wrote:

edit: Also if SRG really does do Shelter Generations, looking at what the game is.....yeah they aren't going to be a very successful business if they keep choosing terrible/mediocre games.

Shelter is definitely a step in the right direction though, it's leagues ahead of both of their other games imo. I didn't have high expectations for those games when I first saw them but they're actually pretty entertaining, albeit short.

Edited on by Katelyn1223

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

hirokun

Katelyn1223 wrote:

hirokun wrote:

Shelter is definitely a step in the right direction though, it's leagues ahead of both of their other games imo. I didn't have high expectations for those games when I first saw them but they're actually pretty entertaining, albeit short.

I'll hold my full wrath until they show off what the game will actually be. But to be brief, I do think at least flame and the flood was almost there. Just the whole menus mess turned me off even thinking of trying it. But This Lynx game seems like a $5 phone game from 5 years ago.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Paraka

Was wondering why my updates haven't been coming through for this thread. Thought everyone died, the opposite was entirely true.

Paraka

rumandgore

I adore The Flame in the Flood.

rumandgore

SpaceAce13

mrhaboobi wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

SVTornado wrote:

You guys may be interested in this, a limited edition of shaq fu a legend reborn, only 500 made, only through this site (supposedly).
https://shop.wiredproductions.com/collections/shaq-fu-a-legen...

I’m thankful this isn’t NTSC so I don’t feel a compulsion to buy it

UM Yes it is NTSC you can select UK or NTSC in the order process..

Damnit. Why did you have to tell me that? I was about to check out and realized it would be about $125 after shipping and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it

SpaceAce13

twelvestar

@TalonMan disappointment in the Omake Books Little Nightmares CE is an understatement, lol. Just opened mine. Loose paperback artbook (though the artwork itself is well done), loose poster, and loose game in a damn bubble mailer. Safe to say hard pass on future "CE's" from Omake.

Super Chariot from shop4megastore is legit. Box sleeve similar to bluray slipcovers. ::thumbs up::

Trigger finger is hovering over "Confirm Order" for Shaq Fu CE. I'm telling myself to wait about 9 hours and focus on the LRG SMRPG CE instead... Decisions, decisions...

Edited on by twelvestar

twelvestar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic