Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 11,396

hirokun

Paraka wrote:

Was wondering why my updates haven't been coming through for this thread. Thought everyone died, the opposite was entirely true.

So....you died then? Oh no!

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

rumandgore

How many are going for the SMRPG CE in under 30 minutes?

rumandgore

SpaceAce13

rumandgore wrote:

How many are going for the SMRPG CE in under 30 minutes?

I will be. Hoping I get one to keep the complete set going so far

SpaceAce13

rumandgore

Good luck @SpaceAce13!

I won’t be participating in the competition this time. Not super interested in the game and my wallet hates me. I’ll be jealous of that steelbook, though.

rumandgore

hirokun

lame they aren't showing the remaining inventory % for SMRPG this time. I like to watch it drain in real time. Anyhow, got mine.

Still need thimbleweed CE sadly.

SpaceAce13

rumandgore wrote:

Good luck @SpaceAce13!

I won’t be participating in the competition this time. Not super interested in the game and my wallet hates me. I’ll be jealous of that steelbook, though.

Thank you! My wallet hates me as well, but I really love the look of this CE!

Sawyoudown wrote:

4/4 WOOOO!

Same! That may have been the quickest sellout yet. Under 3 minutes if I’m not mistaken.

SpaceAce13

The_Legend77

Wow how I snagged a copy I don't know. I had to "wait in line". 3/4...curse the Thimbleweed Park miss!

I was nervous this time...very nervous!.

The_Legend77

hirokun

@SpaceAce13 I think this was the fastest because of 2 reasons. First, like the last one it was only 2500 copies. Second, I think with PJM2 they decided to go 2 per person, but no one figured that out until afterwards. This time more people probably saw the 2 per person, and jumped on it. So likely more people buying 2 copies.

Also I guess maybe this one was more popular even though the game might(IMO) be weaker than others, it is by far the coolest CE thus far.

SpaceAce13

hirokun wrote:

@SpaceAce13 I think this was the fastest because of 2 reasons. First, like the last one it was only 2500 copies. Second, I think with PJM2 they decided to go 2 per person, but no one figured that out until afterwards. This time more people probably saw the 2 per person, and jumped on it. So likely more people buying 2 copies.

Also I guess maybe this one was more popular even though the game might(IMO) be weaker than others, it is by far the coolest CE thus far.

Agree with all of those reasons. I really hope they limit it to 1 per person again when Night trap rolls around

SpaceAce13

hirokun

Yeah I'm still a bit puzzled on why PJM2 CE for PC and PS4 are still up. It seems they have tapped out the wallets of Sony fans, and of course PC gaming is in a funky spot right now.

But I have to gush over the other game of this week. Cosmic Star Heroine is made by a tiny duo development team. Really wish Their games would come to switch. Cthulhu Saves the World is one of the most charming games I've ever played with such good music. I would have been happy to see Cosmic Star Heroine come to switch too as I never played that one. Maybe one day.

So anyhow, Early June I'll be getting in Liar Princess from Japan. I'm excited for that one.

twelvestar

It'd be nice to see LRG employ an 'every-other-month' release schedule between their PS4/Vita and Switch titles. Today, SMRPG for Switch. June would be a PS4/Vita release. July would be Switch, and so on. I think their customers would be receptive to that (I know my wallet would love it).

twelvestar

rumandgore

twelvestar wrote:

It'd be nice to see LRG employ an 'every-other-month' release schedule between their PS4/Vita and Switch titles. Today, SMRPG for Switch. June would be a PS4/Vita release. July would be Switch, and so on. I think their customers would be receptive to that (I know my wallet would love it).

I agree completely. I can’t keep up financially so I chose to break the “gotta have them all mentality” with SMRPG since it’s not my thing. For me, it’s better the cycle ends now than 6 months from now on their 13,534 Switch release when I can no longer justify buying every release.

From what I can tell from forums, lots of PS4 collectors arevexhausted from the sheer volume of their games and their release schedule.

2 games monthly is intense.

Edited on by rumandgore

rumandgore

Magician

Got my standard version from LRG, I'm happy.

It's NISA America that's my kryptonite, I feel compelled to purchase each limited edition they produce.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Katelyn1223

Magician wrote:

Got my standard version from LRG, I'm happy.

It's NISA America that's my kryptonite, I feel compelled to purchase each limited edition they produce.

NISA was my kryptonite as well. I spent over $500 to order all of the LE for the rest of the year. But I forced myself to cancel them and buy the standard versions because I knew it would end up being too much

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

MrCIB

rumandgore wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

I agree completely. I can’t keep up financially so I chose to break the “gotta have them all mentality” with SMRPG since it’s not my thing. For me, it’s better the cycle ends now than 6 months from now on their 13,534 Switch release when I can no longer justify buying every release.

From what I can tell from forums, lots of PS4 collectors arevexhausted from the sheer volume of their games and their release schedule.

2 games monthly is intense.

Not going to happen.... they have to feed the machine they created. With 15+ employees and a bunch of titles signed up even before the switch rolled around they are going to ride it till the wheels fall off. The range will be 12-24 a year from them (closer to 24) for switch games. They are the largest publisher of individual titles on playstation and soon will be on the switch. What they need to stop is doing a CE for every other game they publish.... that’s the real heart burn. Along with printing reverse covers and sealing them both ways to make collectors feel they have to get both. Until people vote with their wallets this madness will continue. For example if you are a PS4, Vita and Switch hardcore variant collector you would have had to buy 13 games today!

Antiqua 4
SMRPG 3
CSH 6

Crazy

MrCIB

TalonMan

I'm sorta surprised with only 500 copies available, that ShaqFu CE is still available. Even at $120 or so, it's still a small enough production run to justify, no?

TalonMan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic