Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 4,491

Miadaskate

Zuljaras wrote:

On a side note is a 25$ Axiom Verge Collectors edition (multiverse) worth it. I am not sure because I am not BIG on indies but the game seems ok and the one person who made it seems really passionate for making it!

If you like Metroid, Axiom Verge is absolutely worth it. It’s a fan’s love letter to the genre, for sure.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Spider-Man / GTA Online / Rocket League
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

hirokun

GJ bethesda. Cool alts to be sure. I honestly just hope they bring the next Elder Scrolls game to Switch. Seeing their track record so far, optimization for switch has been surprisingly good. Perhaps I'm being too hopeful.

To be honest, I kind of like this idea of offering different cover sleeves that are artful. Fills the void of not having a LE/CE and makes for a cheap way for collectors and fans to be able to express themselves.

I sexually identify as a pumpkin

fatbaldman

anybody know if you get the cloth in canada anywhere?

fatbaldman

twelvestar

@TalonMan pretty bummed to hear about the Omake Books LE/CE of Little Nightmares. Ordered, but haven't received it yet. May try to cancel if it's just a loose book and the game.

REALLY bummed Play-Asia listed the NA/US version of Little Nightmares. Thinking I may have to just keep a list of import titles from now on and wait 3-6 months before importing anything else (to be sure the publisher doesn't change their mind about releasing in the US).

Edited on by twelvestar

twelvestar

MrCIB

twelvestar wrote:

@TalonMan pretty bummed to hear about the Omake Books LE/CE of Little Nightmares. Ordered, but haven't received it yet. May try to cancel if it's just a loose book and the game.

REALLY bummed Play-Asia listed the NA/US version of Little Nightmares. Thinking I may have to just keep a list of import titles from now on and wait 3-6 months before importing anything else (to be sure the publisher doesn't change their mind about releasing in the US).

I have had the same thought because I was burned on Aqua and Snow Moto along with Voez later this year. The one I am watch is Neo Atlas that may come but unsure.

MrCIB

Katelyn1223

Does anyone know if you can claim Gold Points for games that don't match the region on your account? I should be getting Count Lucanor, Human Fall Flat, and the Flame in the Flood soon and I was curious if I'd be able to snag a few points for those or not

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

twelvestar

MrCIB wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

I have had the same thought because I was burned on Aqua and Snow Moto along with Voez later this year. The one I am watch is Neo Atlas that may come but unsure.

Me too brother. Aqua Moto, Snow Moto, and VOEZ all got me. And now Little Nightmares (unless Play Asia cancels the US listing). Getting the third degree from all of these publishers. It'd be great if they were transparent and just told us.

Thankfully I was able to sell VOEZ and break even (still have Aqua and Snow Moto). I bought in to Neo Atlas, so I personally have my fingers crossed it doesn't get a US release (which means it probably will lol). I think an ongoing list and holding out on imports is the best approach for now with all of the indecisiveness at the publisher-level.

Edited on by twelvestar

twelvestar

hirokun

watch little nightmares pop up in gamestops and walmarts all over the place. heh. I'd feel like a shmuck.

twelvestar

hirokun wrote:

watch little nightmares pop up in gamestops and walmarts all over the place. heh. I'd feel like a shmuck.

Considering Bandai Namco never responded to my inquiry about the Gamestop cancellation, I'd lose my s--t and spam their customer support to complain lol.

twelvestar

hirokun

twelvestar wrote:

hirokun wrote:

Considering Bandai Namco never responded to my inquiry about the Gamestop cancellation, I'd lose my s--t and spam their customer support to complain lol.

yeah I got a non-answer from them about the japanese version having english options too. They told me to contact the japanese branch of their company...like oh yes let me, a person asking about english because he can't read or write japanese, contact their japanese branch(no provided webpage or email address even mind you), and ask them in japanese if their game has english. Brilliant customer support.

eightbit

Hi all,

I've been a lurker for way too long so I decided to sign up and maybe contribute in some way I would like to thank everyone who has contributed in this thread thus far however as I was able to obtain quite a few gems for the Switch in physical form as well as good tips for places to import. These tips are MUCH appreciated, thank you all again!

I was reading regarding Little Nightmares getting a NA release, but like everyone else I can only find this on PlayAsia. For $60USD? No, not for me. I ordered the EU release for more than $20 less than that and I have it already...and it is great

I initially started out with the goal to obtain (hopefully someday) a full USA physical set. I am personally not into collectors editions with all of the swag, steelboxes, maps, candy, whatever. Just the physical game release. But oddly enough I am finding that some games in PAL regions are cheaper to obtain that the NA counterparts (not all, but some) and I do not mind the different rating system. The packages look great (Super Chariot's outer sleeve is awesome!) and play the same as any NA title would thanks to the wonderful region free switch. Now I am just about obtaining as many physical games (good games that is) for the best bang for the buck.....in any territory as long as they have an English option.

Also, somebody asked a few posts back if you can collect Nintendo eShop gold coins from imports. I can confirm you can. I collected on Super Putty Squad, Syberia 1 and 2, and even the Japanese I am Setsuna release. I am suspecting that as long as it resides in the eShop for purchase you can collect coins on the physical release no matter the region. Also, all of the imports I have tried also allow updates....and the only eShop account I have is a NA account.

Anyway, just saying hello and thank you all!

Edited on by eightbit

eightbit

MrCIB

@eightbit Welcome to the crew and great first post! Look forward to interacting with you

MrCIB

eightbit

@MrCIB Thank you! I believe you were the gentleman who turned me on to Shop4MegaStore. If not for your suggestion I would have been weary to import anything. So many scammy websites out there, but you suggested it so I gave it a go. Around half a dozen games later I am still ordering from them. Great deals, rewards, and the stuff comes in in better shape than when I order from Best Buy (and I am in the USA no less).

eightbit

hirokun

@eightbit thanks for the tip on the gold coins thing for those interested. And yes, this is why I had wanted to find out if Little Nightmares had english in the JP version, because on Amazon it was like $30 and figured I could have it ship out with a few other things I had ready to ship from japan anyhow. $20 is a big gap!

I suspect that if play asia has little nightmares for physical release with an ESRB rating it might be for the UAE/Singapore region, which is this sort of nebulous region that gets special allocations and is a blend of EU/NA regions. Good example I have is that I have a UAE copy of Ocarina of Time 3D that has an ESRB rating but uses the EU box art.

eightbit

@hirokun That makes sense. I think I was too concerned with looking out for the ESRB rating to be honest. I did pre-order Flashback on both Shop4Mega and Amazon though. I am just not so sure about a NA release on this one....Amazon can pull it at any time. This is the reason I have not cancelled my EU preorder. I cannot be without that game. I spent a lot of time on it on the Genesis as a kid!

eightbit

eightbit

I have been on the fence regarding MotoGP 18. It is one of the more expensive import titles, but it looks cool and I don't want to miss out on it. Does anyone have any insight on the track record of Milestone bring their releases to NA? Not sure if I should hold out...

eightbit

hirokun

yeah since there is no "standard" version of flashback and it is 30,000 copies I'm not too concerned there will be an issue. Yes it is a pretty old game, and thus why I don't see many people wanting a copy. But yeah amazon IS amazon. Lets see what happens. But either way, the EU version, again, is oddly cheaper.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic