Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 11,399

hirokun

yeah since there is no "standard" version of flashback and it is 30,000 copies I'm not too concerned there will be an issue. Yes it is a pretty old game, and thus why I don't see many people wanting a copy. But yeah amazon IS amazon. Lets see what happens. But either way, the EU version, again, is oddly cheaper.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Belexes

Magician wrote:

Zuljaras wrote:

On a side note is a 25$ Axiom Verge Collectors edition (multiverse) worth it. I am not sure because I am not BIG on indies but the game seems ok and the one person who made it seems really passionate for making it!

Axiom Verge is my favorite indie game on the Switch.

If you enjoy Metroidvanias like Cave Story or Steamworld Dig, don't skip Axiom Verge.

I agree 100% and also would chime in to check out Mummy Demastered although it is only in the eshop. I'd be 1st in line if it ever gets a physical release.

Belexes

MrCIB

Belexes wrote:

Magician wrote:

Zuljaras wrote:

On a side note is a 25$ Axiom Verge Collectors edition (multiverse) worth it. I am not sure because I am not BIG on indies but the game seems ok and the one person who made it seems really passionate for making it!

Axiom Verge is my favorite indie game on the Switch.

If you enjoy Metroidvanias like Cave Story or Steamworld Dig, don't skip Axiom Verge.

I agree 100% and also would chime in to check out Mummy Demastered although it is only in the eshop. I'd be 1st in line if it ever gets a physical release.

Was to be released physically as the last game on the Wii U but Nintendo put a halt on that. I think they want BOTW to be last.

MrCIB

Magician

eightbit wrote:

I have been on the fence regarding MotoGP 18. It is one of the more expensive import titles, but it looks cool and I don't want to miss out on it. Does anyone have any insight on the track record of Milestone bring their releases to NA? Not sure if I should hold out...

Not the best track record. MXGP3 and Monster Energy Supercross. Both games are average at best. However, I'd argue that the Moto series is their best. Although I haven't played a game in the series for about a decade, I remember the game doing an excellent job at delivering a sense of speed that other racing games don't do as well.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

@Zuljaras It's a fantastic game and will be your gateway drug to other indie games on the Switch.

Belexes

Magician

MrCIB wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - Memoirs From Battle Edition [Premium Edition]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D76S7MZ

Nice! Although Amazon has been awful in regards to how they package special editions, that won't stop me from canceling my standard version preorder in favor of this premium edition.

Chances are good I would've missed this if you hadn't pointed it out. Usually I'm content with browsing up until $59.99. After that, all you usually see is third party sellers looking to scalp import titles.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Nice! Although Amazon has been awful in regards to how they package special editions, that won't stop me from canceling my standard version preorder in favor of this premium edition.

Agreed; my copy of Shantae came in a damn bubble mailer dented as hell. I returned it, and the replacement also arrived in a bubble, a bit bruised on one corner, but nowhere near as bad. I just gave up and decided to keep the second one.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

The_Legend77

Just got my copies of Little Nightmares and Super Chariot. In case nobody purchased it, Super Chariot has a unique cardboard sleeve. It confused me for a second at first glance. 6 games away from having 100 physical on Switch!

Edited on by The_Legend77

The_Legend77

SpaceAce13

On more of a playing note than collecting, I just beat my 6th switch game:
Wonderboy, overcooked, Zelda, Mario odyssey, cave story, and xenoblade 2. What games have you guys all completed so far?

SpaceAce13

The_Legend77

eightbit wrote:

The_Legend77 wrote:

Just got my copies of Little Nightmares and Super Chariot. In case nobody purchased it, Super Chariot has a unique cardboard sleeve. It confused me for a second at first glance. 6 games away from having 100 physical on Switch!

Yeah, the cardboard sleeve for Super Chariot is awesome! I wasn't expecting that either. And great job on the switch physical collection! I am at around 60 titles now (with a few more coming) but I started a year late. At least not late enough to miss out on all of the LRG releases thus far however.

Thanks! I got my Switch later in the year. I don't get launch consoles, too many issues. I would have more, but the thing is, I was trying to finish up my Wii U set. I completed the Wii U library earlier this year, so that set me back some, but now my full focus is Switch.

The_Legend77

The_Legend77

@SpaceAce13

I've beat 20 of my games. I just finished 88 Heroes yesterday of all things. I, uh, got a super cheap victory...if anyone has played it, I was down to my last hero, Miss Fortune...I'll just leave it at that.

The_Legend77

Sawyoudown

Does anybody know if SRG is letting us know what #3 is going to be before they release it?

Sawyoudown

Magician

Sawyoudown wrote:

Does anybody know if SRG is letting us know what #3 is going to be before they release it?

All the guesses point towards it being Shelter Generations.

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Wonderboy, overcooked, Zelda, Mario odyssey, cave story, and xenoblade 2. What games have you guys all completed so far?

The_Legend77 wrote:

@SpaceAce13 I've beat 20 of my games. I just finished 88 Heroes yesterday of all things. I, uh, got a super cheap victory...if anyone has played it, I was down to my last hero, Miss Fortune...I'll just leave it at that.

I think I've played through around 25 of my physical games. I've played most of them for a few or several hours, but haven't finished them yet due to there being so many games being released now (halfway through Doom, just started Battle Chasers, a quarter through Atelier L&S, just started Shantae HGH, etc). Too many games, not enough hours in the day to play them. I'm enjoying Battle Chasers a lot (jrpg and action/rpg are my favorite genres), so I'd like to get through that before Owlboy, Street Fighter Collection, Fallen Legion, Harvest Moon, and Legend of Kay arrive next week.

Actually, I was hoping to play Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon today, but it sounds as though redemption codes for backers on consoles are delayed. Who knows how long that delay will be, but it's fine. Plenty of other things to distract me in the meantime.

Edited on by Magician

SKTTR

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I completed
Zelda BotW (360 hours),
Mario Odyssey (85 hours),
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (360 hours),
L.A. Noire (65 hours),
Thimbleweed Park (25 hours),
Toki Tori 2+,
The Count Lucanor,
Dustoff Heli Rescue II,
League of Evil,
and Plantera DX.

Now that I finished Xenoblade 2 and L.A. Noire 100%, I haven't decided on what to continue next.
It's probably either Skyrim, DOOM, Disgaea 5, or a new game that I want to buy (Ys VIII).

Mario + Rabbids is on ice. I'm on the last stage (which is very difficult) and I need to grind better weapons but I'm too lazy to farm coins. :/

PS. I completed Cave Story and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap on Wii, along with a hundred other Wii and Wii U games that are now available on Switch.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SVTornado

@Sawyoudown it's officially gonna be revealed on this site earlier on May 29th, the same day it goes on sale.

SVTornado

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic