Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 121 to 140 of 11,401

Samus7Killer

@TalonMan idk but its unavail from Best Buy. Maybe they cancelled thw physical version cause of switch tax. Just buy the PS4 physical version like i will.
Apparently the Switch version is rare now. Thx alot Nintendo.

Samus7Killer

TalonMan

Samus7Killer wrote:

@TalonMan idk but its unavail from Best Buy. Maybe they cancelled thw physical version cause of switch tax. Just buy the PS4 physical version like i will.
Apparently the Switch version is rare now. Thx alot Nintendo.

Well, it's weird that it was never listed in the OP (it's only listed at the very bottom of the post, among the "tbd" games) and GameStop has NEVER had the game available for purchase.

I'm hoping there is just a "slight" delay due to a timing issue, since this is getting a later release (10/10) for UK and everyone else. I just figured, maybe somebody around here knew something since it was never formally listed in the OP with it's boxart...

...why even mention the PS4 version?!?!? That defeats the purpose of collecting Switch games - the whole purpose for the existence of this thread in the first place!!

TalonMan

VinnieMii

TalonMan wrote:

Ok - so, anybody know what the deal is with Sine Mora EX? I've had the game pre-ordered for months from Amazon, it was supposed to release today, and now Amazon has it marked as "Temporary out of stock" and has sent me an email to tell me my shipment has been delayed... wtf??

I find this particularly hilarious because 'sine mora' is Latin for 'without delay'. Oh, the irony...

Yeah, I was looking to get a physical copy of Sine Mora Ex. Only found a few eBay sellers listing it for sale. But I'm a bit leery of the whole situation because they probably don't have it in hand either.

Nintendo Network ID: Shredmeister
Try my Super Mario Maker Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2707-1611-0137

link3710

Yeah, my copy was delayed as well. Given that the file size is under a gigabyte, it shouldn't be an issue with the card size either, since we've heard those cards are actually cheaper than blue-rays. Maybe there was another issue with production that's held up the physical copies? Still, you'd think THQ Nordic would have published a PR statement by now.

link3710

TalonMan

VinnieMii wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

Ok - so, anybody know what the deal is with Sine Mora EX? I've had the game pre-ordered for months from Amazon, it was supposed to release today, and now Amazon has it marked as "Temporary out of stock" and has sent me an email to tell me my shipment has been delayed... wtf??

I find this particularly hilarious because 'sine mora' is Latin for 'without delay'. Oh, the irony...

Yeah, I was looking to get a physical copy of Sine Mora Ex. Only found a few eBay sellers listing it for sale. But I'm a bit leery of the whole situation because they probably don't have it in hand either.

I asked one of the current eBay sellers whether the copy that he was selling was "on-hand", or whether his auction was for a pre-order. He CLAIMS that he ran out of the three copies he originally had, but will have a few more in the coming days... ...I smell [removed]. I don't think ANYBODY got one, yet!! Something is going on - like I mentioned, perhaps it's related to the staggered release with the worldwide release coming on 10/10. I dunno - but something is definitely fishy about the whole thing.

Edited on by Octane

TalonMan

TalonMan

...for the record - Amazon is still selling the game, albeit with the "temporary out of stock" warning. But if the game were canceled or something more final had happened, I would think they would make the status "currently unavailable", rather than continue to accept sales of the game.

I think it's still coming... ...or, maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

TalonMan

Scrummer

Isn't Fire Emblem Warriors releasing on October 20th?

Edited on by Scrummer

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Rebel78

I've seen pics posted online of physical copies in hand, but looks like there is a large backorder. I pre-ordered from Amazon over a month ago for $20 and it's currently on hold waiting on stock. $30 for the digital is too much IMO, though I'd love to play it. If it get close to Mario coming out, I'll probably cancel as I won't have time to play it and by the time I'm done with Mario, all the big holiday releases will be coming.

Edited on by Rebel78

Rebel78

TalonMan

Rebel78 wrote:

I've seen pics posted online of physical copies in hand, but looks like there is a large backorder. I pre-ordered from Amazon over a month ago for $20 and it's currently on hold waiting on stock. $30 for the digital is too much IMO, though I'd love to play it. If it get close to Mario coming out, I'll probably cancel as I won't have time to play it and by the time I'm done with Mario, all the big holiday releases will be coming.

Yes - the status on Amazon has changed from "temporary out of stock" to "shipping in 1 to 2 months", which is a good sign regarding the possibility of this actually getting delivered at some point...

...mid-October and mid-November are looking EXTREMELY expensive though, so this damn thing better come out soon, or I might have to cancel, too.

TalonMan

Samus7Killer

Im just gonna get the physical version of Sine Mora EX at this point. 10 cheaper and its available in stores.

Samus7Killer

McGruber

This is big breaking news for the physical games thread and physical media in general!!

Switch US physical SW sales are on pace to be the biggest ever for a Nintendo platform launch year since '95, by a fairly large margin. - @MatPiscatella

Tracking started in '95...

This is a huge deal for Nintendo when it comes to it's presence in retail stores. It's also obviously a big deal for those of us who prefer physical games to digital (because we're smart). There have been whispers of unusually good software sales from some 3rd parties as well, and this supports that notion. Good job Nintendo

Edited on by McGruber

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Scrummer

@McGruber If I can get a game physical, usually I do. The only games I won't get physical that have a physical version, are Snipperclips Plus, seeing as I already have the base game downloaded, and maybe Puyo Puyo Tetris if I ever get that, because the download is cheaper than the physical.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

TalonMan

McGruber wrote:

I can't be the only one who prefers physical retail games over digital, so I made a list after searching for my own, and I will update it continuously. This list is for American release dates only, but a future update will include UK dates. updated: currently updating

Your OP states (and has stated for awhile, it seems) that you are "currently updating" - just wanted to point out a few updates though (confirmed via the standard Amazon, GameStop, BestBuy stores - so I think these dates and packagings are accurate):

Tiny Barbarians DX (10/10/17)
88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition (10/10/17) - available on Amazon, but not BestBuy or GameStop - weird!
Fire Emblem Warriors (10/20/17) - there's a Special Edition version available, along with the Standard
Ben 10 (??) - can't seem to find a consensus on release, but 11/14/17 seems likely
Xenoblade Chronicles (12/1/17) - there's a Special Edition version available, along with the Standard
Indivisible - available for pre-order directly through their website (http://www.indivisiblegame.com/)

Keep up the great work!!!!

TalonMan

TalonMan

Fyi - a few new ones just popped up on Amazon:

Monopoly - now has a release date (10/31/17)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists & the Mysterious Paintings - (3/31/18)
Attack on Titan 2 - (3/31/18)

BestBuy lists this one now:
This Is The Police - (12/31/17)

TalonMan

link3710

@TalonMan I'm guessing those are all place holders besides Monopoly since they're the final dates of the quarters.

As for this new Retro City Rampage DX release, when should it be listed? It's only going to be available for sale for a limited time starting the 9th, but there's no targeted ship date yet.

link3710

SuperLuigiTime

TalonMan wrote:

Fyi - a few new ones just popped up on Amazon:

Monopoly - now has a release date (10/31/17)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists & the Mysterious Paintings - (3/31/18)
Attack on Titan 2 - (3/31/18)

BestBuy lists this one now:
This Is The Police - (12/31/17)

I read up on the Switch version of Monopoly, it seems to be a significantly different version than the PS4 version I downloaded a couple of years ago. It may be better because it looks like it will have more features/boards. I may have to double dip to try out the Switch version.

Edited on by SuperLuigiTime

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan I'm guessing those are all place holders besides Monopoly since they're the final dates of the quarters.

As for this new Retro City Rampage DX release, when should it be listed? It's only going to be available for sale for a limited time starting the 9th, but there's no targeted ship date yet.

Oh yeah, they are definitely placeholders - but there are plenty of other placeholder titles listed in the OP, and since these just popped up on Amazon with the ability to pre-order, I figure they're worth listing.

Where have you seen Retro City Rampage listed??? If that's true about a limited release, I will ABSOLUTELY want to get a pre-order in if it's not too late!!!!

TalonMan

TalonMan

SuperLuigiTime wrote:

I read up on the Switch version of Monopoly, it seems to be a significantly different version than the PS4 version I downloaded a couple of years ago. It may be better because it looks like it will have more features/boards. I may have to double dip to try out the Switch version.

Yeah - well, if you're obsessive about building out the physical library on the Switch (like I am!!), you're definitely going to wind up double-dipping on a few titles. I already played Minecraft: Story Mode on PS3 (which I've now bought for the Switch), as well as L.A. Noire. It's unfortunate, but the completionist within me, INSISTS on buying these duplicate titles!!

TalonMan

TalonMan

TalonMan wrote:

link3710 wrote:

Oh yeah, they are definitely placeholders - but there are plenty of other placeholder titles listed in the OP, and since these just popped up on Amazon with the ability to pre-order, I figure they're worth listing.

Where have you seen Retro City Rampage listed??? If that's true about a limited release, I will ABSOLUTELY want to get a pre-order in if it's not too late!!!!

Btw - I found the answer to my question. Looks as though it's only going to be for sale, through the developer's own website... Neat! I really am liking the 'self published' games, like this. Feels like a great deal more care is being put into making a physical release like this, rather than something that's been mass-produced for GameStop retail.

TalonMan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic