Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 4,508

Namco

I've been playing online with spirits on... I won 16 battles in a row using my strongest spirit combo. Unfortunately there seems to exist one extremely broken spirit combo, perhaps it's even an abused bug. I've seen multiple players use it: it's our captain Olimar, but he's doing at least 50% damage with every hit. You can imagine it's not really fun to play against!

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

NEStalgia

You know, I really have no idea how you guys that beat wol in a weekend managed. I'm weeks in on normal, and all just now working my way up the right side of the map after the light barrier drops. 3 and 4 start fights are still excessively difficult as well...4 star especially, of course.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia More pain and suffering awaits you, I’m afraid 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia There are some extremely OP Spirit setups since I beat WoL that can really make mince meat out of opponents. For example on NG+ and the Spirit Board, I've been using Little Mac with a level 99 3-slot primary Spirit with the Giant Zapfish Spirit (makes you big for the beginning of the match) plus Victini (increases the power of your Smash attacks) make you a complete god of destruction. Since Little Mac has innate superarmor on Smash attacks, you can literally punch through anything and do over 100% damage per forward Smash.

I call it the Big Mac cheese.

That said, on my first playthrough I just marathoned it like it ain't no thing. Then again I live for torture, apparently :^[

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario honesty i think a lot of these wol battles are pure bs. People say the tekken 7 season 2 ai is cheating button reading garbage, but i think wol takes that to the next level.

James mccloud, the boss, the horrid 8 metal mega men. Yuck. I can blow an hour on each daily and never get anywhere.

Then some 3 stars the enemy just blues themselves up and I win without doing anything. Or giant Bowser in.. Forget the spirit, just sat there while i pummeled him with Yoshi eggs for like 88%

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Oh The Boss and Dr Wily suck ass, no doubt. But with the right Spirits they go down easy. Give the Big Mac strategy a shot perhaps?

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Once I unlocked Link, I used a metal support and Victini like they were part of me. And that skill tree. I only had 2 bubbles to fill when I started NG+

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

I generally use whatever the auto select chooses for me. It's a fighting game not a freaking trading card game

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia That might be part of your struggles, actually. I’ve had primaries at 99, and the auto select would choose something at 12. Don’t even get me started on the autos for secondaries. Why would I ever choose lip stick over critical defense?? 😂

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

Man, over 20 hours in and I finally unlocked everyone! Man, I am so bad at this game!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

SonOfVon

if you're old (over 18) join our adult switch gamers discord! a friendly environment for old farts, links in my signature. we play smash almost every day

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

Azooooz

Describe Level 9 CPU in 3 words.

An absolute nightmare.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows yeah, i get lips stick often. And yeah it seems to rotate to level up spirits evenly. Which makes sense i guess? I have several spirits in the 70s or so.... Why have auto if it's useless? And who can figure out what spirits to use anyway? . I've used victini maybe twice though. Ugh.... Much as i liked wol at first this spirits mess is making me miss subspace even more . Gimmick bs battles with cheating ai unless you have the "right" combination of spirits out of 1200... Humbug!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano how is that word not in the profanity filters? It's at least a synonym. And it's a gateway explative that leads to others.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I mean, WoL is basically as much of a JRPG as possible, minus an involved story and a traditional battle system.

Really though, some Spirits are much better on certain fighters than others. I have a Giga Mac Spirit on Little Mac that has an innate trait of Fist Attack+ and sent him to the Land Style dojo for even more ground power (at the cost of air attacks being weakened), and then slapped Great Zapfish and Victini on it for absolute massive damage.

Sort by perk in the menus then work your way from there. Or change the fighter. Dr. Wily, for example, is much easier with Lucas and Ness because their down-Special heals from projectiles.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario I'm not sure I'd call that "JRPG" as much as "all the awful parts of a Xenoblade game's horrible over convoluted systems condensed into a fighter, without the redeeming parts that help you overlook them." . No wonder you like it.

Then again i play Pokemon with the same 6-12 mon the whole game . I'm a JRPG nut. I'm an SMT fan. But WoL has only the bad attributes of a JRPG in terms of managing infinite spirits. At first i liked it almost as much as subspace, but the cracks are showing. Where the platforming got in the way of fighting slightly, spirit management gets in the way of fighting unfair gimmick fights heavily. Auto is a great way of helping with that, but yeah, I'm unlikely to ever have lv99 spirits. What i don't get though it's how you guys sorted builds that fast. We're i to try i would spend 4 or 5 hours per fight just sorting stats. Yuck.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Well these are things that helped me with the management:

-Feeding ‘snacks’ to level up spirits with either high base stats, or 3 slots
-Marking supports as favorites
-Saving loadouts for stage hazards early game (“LAVA”, “FOG”, etc)
-Sort by skill for supports, by power for primaries.
-Save 3 or 4 loadouts that are ‘Go-to’, based on spirit battle type (stamina, gravity, etc)

Hope that helps some

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

@SonicMos ZSS is a good way for newcomers to learn dodging, aerials, and grabbing, I think. It’s like taking the fast parts of Sheik and Pikachu and mixing it with the weight of Link and Samus.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic