Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,159

Snaplocket

@DarthNocturnal It's more like, characters are $5, everything is $1 because that's pretty much how it was like with Smash 4 DLC. Just don't try to twist things.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

HobbitGamer

@Elvie I still don't understand. CFalcon wasn't even ever in a fighting game, so with your view would that mean he either shouldn't be in it or else just appear and fight in a car?

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

I might just end up getting the game digitally. Having that beautiful box art is nice and all, but being able to play it at any time is too good.

I might just end up with two copies of the game anyways just like with Xenoblade 2... god help me.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

Showing a different perspective = twisting things, apparently. Oh well.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Snaplocket

@EvilLucario I'm actually considering digital now that I bought the Walmart 128 gb card for 20 bucks. EDIT: I decided to go digital, honestly the idea of owning games digitally has warmed on me. I just wish there was a way to search for games I own. The ability to archive data certainly helps.
@DarthNocturnal That was a bad choice of words but if what you said was really the case then WHY won't they let us buy it separately? Honestly the existence of the pass is what bugs me the most.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

DarthNocturnal

@Snaplocket

Well, aside from the obvious (money), maybe they're trying to keep it simple (15 pieces of separate DLC (5 characters, 5 stages, 5 music packs) might be seen as overwhelming (from a marketing perspective) to some. 5? Not so much). Or, as I said, they assume that if you want the character, you'll want the stage and music. Maybe a bit of both.

There's no rush to get the pass. I'm waiting until at least one character gets revealed.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Grumblevolcano

I think 1 character may get announced before launch (maybe even the day before at The Game Awards), currently the only way to buy the fighters pass is the digital bundle of Smash Ultimate + Fighters Pass + Piranha Plant code. If you want to buy the physical version of the base game, you can't buy the Fighters Pass until December 7th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I wouldn't expect the first one until the spring Direct in March/April. The fighters pass not being available separately from the digital bundle until launch doesn't mean anything and is pretty standard.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DarthNocturnal

Unless the selection process involved building prototypes of the characters Nintendo asked for, and said prototypes can be polished enough for public viewing in about a month... yeah, we aren't seeing anything 'till the new year.

Piranha Plant looked fairly complete, and he's still probably a month or two (if not more) out from launch.

Yosheel

It doesn't matter how complete a character is or not.

They need to pace the dlc so the game stays relevant for a long while.

For all we know the characters could all be finished in a single month.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Yosheel That's highly unlikely at best. Sakurai has gone into great detail about the character creation process, and how long various parts take. Assuming these are all uniques (we know they aren't echoes, but theoretically we could see some semiclones), We won't see the first post-Pirahnha Plant character until at least April. No way that they'd be done in a month, the balancing process alone takes longer than that.

link3710

ReaderRagfish

I've already preordered mine physical.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

HobbitGamer

@MrBeanCartoonFan oh. There really was one. Anyway. That’s 99.99% in the realm of Mr Bean not being in a Smash Game. Sorry, but I’m sure you knew that.
Can’t stop you from enjoying him in other media, though! And you could always try to make a Mii Fighter look like him

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DarkRula

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of Mr. Bean Miis around. Just won't sound like him.
A theoretical Mr. Bean would have a lot to draw from, but I'd really want his Final Smash to be his Mini and the blue Reliant driving in from opposite ends and crashing into each other which would crush any fighters caught between them.

As ever I'm going digital with this one. I'll be maining the overpowered pink blob until I get all fighters [well, depending on how they're unlocked I might just have to settle for most], then testing everyone else out to choose a secondary and some tertiaries. I need a refresh.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Elvie

@HobbitGamer He probably shouldn't have been put in as a fighter but there's no changing that now. The funny thing is I have actually tried to think of move set for him in the Blue Falcon that replaces his other specials (except Falcon Punch since it's so iconic that it became apart of the F-Zero series).

My point is that characters who actually have a decent amount of material to work with, like Ganondorf or Luigi, should get attacks based on this rather than filling them in with Smash exclusive moves.

On a related note, I think new attacks for other characters should be provided to them as well, especially the ones who have moves that are practically created for Smash but are loosely based upon an aspect of their games such as Pac-Man with his Fruit attacks. The developers could have used Pac-Man World attacks instead of using trampolines from an entirely different Namco game (Mappy).

Elvie

DarthNocturnal

Thinking back on Ganondorf's appearances, I don't think he has too much more to work with...

In OoT, he had the lightning ball as part of the “Dead Man's Volley“, but that hardly fits with a slow-but-strong close range fighter. Same goes for his larger ball of magic that just makes him an easy target for a Light Arrow.

Beyond that... maybe give him the Trident? Granted, it was Phantom Ganon that used one in OoT, while Ganon-not-dorf is it's primary user in the series. At best, he could just do a stab with a slow startup as opposed to a punch, I guess.

It's also been established that he is perfectly capable of laying the smackdown with his bare hands and feet. And I'm not talking about Smash.

Beyond that, we'd be looking into moves inspired by Ganon (aka beast form). But we already have him turning into Ganon as a Final Smash. Otherwise, he was usually known for teleporting, throwing a trident at you, and summoning fire bats. Maybe the odd generic magic fireball.

As for Luigi... the man is a walking punchline. Green Missile looks funny.

Pac-Man was clearly intended to be an homage to retro Namco arcade titles. Which is fitting, given that he's the most famous character of all of them. Kind like how Duck Hunt is the most well-known NES Zapper game character (well, characters), but they incorporate other NES Zapper game characters and items into their attacks.

Now, if they ever add Isaac or Matthew, and make all his moves centered on the giant magic hands from the field Psynergy spells... we have a problem.

ValhallaOutcast

couldnt be more hyped for a game, never played a Smash game yet I am hyped to play this

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

HobbitGamer

@ValhallaOutcast If you’re already excited for it, I seriously doubt you’ll be let down! And you’re jumping in with all this content available

HobbitGamer

Yosheel

I honestly doubt they’ll even try to.

I can see the next game cutting down on the content. Maybe even being a sort of reboot.

The fans will hate it, but it will give them space to improve again in the future.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic