Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 4,508

GeoChrome

@SwitchForce Yes, all you need to do is go to My Nintendo Rewards section by pressing +, redeem the gold points, and wait for the email.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

SwitchForce

PolarExperience wrote:

@SwitchForce Yes, all you need to do is go to My Nintendo Rewards section by pressing +, redeem the gold points, and wait for the email.

The wait for 10 days is a smashing killer.....

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Miggitym

Maybe a dumb question but how do you fight when the ground is lava? I can’t land anywhere when the platforms are lava without getting launched.

Miggitym

link3710

@Miggitym Lots of aerial attacks. You need to keep your opponent up on the platforms and off the ground.

link3710

Ralizah

So... is it just me, or is Curry Charizard the hardest thing anyone else has ever encountered in a video game? Seriously, I can barely even damage the stupid thing!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SwitchForce

You guys are Smashing already...ugh.

SwitchForce

GeoChrome

Been playing for about 4 hours and only have 23 fighters. This is going to take forever

Edited on by GeoChrome

Mordridakon

@Ralizah I have the same problem, fortunately, you can go around it and never have to beat it.
The same cannot be said for some other frustrating battles(looking at you Pauline Battle)!

Edited on by Mordridakon

Mordridakon

NEStalgia

So well put together.... Classic having all music from the characters theme, and the level theme for each. Kirby's mode playing likea kirby game with food.... Great little details.

Dedede hits like a truck.....

NEStalgia

Eel

Some of them even have little character arcs and all.

For example Dark Pit joins you after beating him as Pit, and remains your teammate for the remainder of the mode

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GeoChrome

@NEStalgia Dedede really didn’t need a buff. It caused the giant Dedede fight in the Marth pathway to be extremely tedious.

NEStalgia

Ok...WoL bayonetta...wtf..... I'm down to 50 before i even get a hit in. I've tried and failed 30 times. Feels entirely impossible.

Edit: lol i finally lucked out and spammed items..... In a fair fight, i can't imagine winning. I think the game took pity on me

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BrainOfGrimlock

The only thing bugging me a little with this (now I finally found out how to use the modified control scheme I created), is that when I lose, I often don’t really have a great sense of ‘why?’ or what I could have done differently...?

I’m still very new at it, but whereas with a Street Fighter, DMC or Dark Souls I can usually ‘see’ where I’ve gone/am going wrong (and on the same token, where i improve), here i’m never too sure - even when I win i’m often at a loss as to what it was I did differently?

I’m deffo having fun, just impatient to fully ‘get it’ with regard to the mechanics! I guess finding a main will help with that, once I learn a character well I suspect it will all start to make more sense...! Maybe I should drop WoL and go back to training/classic mode!

Am absolutely stoked about Joker too as a ‘stupid-level’ Persona fan. Hadn’t even crossed my mind, but if I hadn’t bought Smash before I would have after that!

BrainOfGrimlock

HobbitGamer

@BrainOfGrimlock Yeah, getting a main down well and playing classic will alleviate some of the WoL stress. Some of those battles legit had me Nope completely back to Katamari a few times 😂

@NEStalgia I had to finally use a stamina spirit and a steel diver spirit for Bayo. Some of the battles I’m not even trying yet until I rack up stuff in Boards

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@BrainOfGrimlock Keep in mind WoL is like... not a good place to learn core mechanics at all. I'd advice starting in All Star honestly. Basically, what you need to keep in mind is you've got levels of mechanics like this:

1. Core Mechanics - Your spacing, openings, punishes etc. These are really what you need to understand in a serious match more than anything.
2. Stages - Some stages are far more dangerous and consuming than others. But even Battlefield vs. Final Destination encourage vastly different playstyles. Learning how to alter your movements based on the course is important.
3. Items - Items are fun, but are basically a whole extra level of complexity and randomness to deal with. Playing in modes without items first can help you see core issues before having to worry about stage control, which is how you dominate obtaining items
4. Hazards - These are only in WoL/Classic, and they can completely change how a battle is played. Things like metal opponents, floor is lava, etc can require completely reworking your strategy around them.
5. Spirits - Spirits can affect your strategy as well, for fairly obvious reasons.

As a veteren, just learning 4&5 at the same time can be overwhelming. With that many variables, it'll be very hard for you to see your mistakes as a newcomer.

link3710

BrainOfGrimlock

@HobbitGamer @link3710 Thanks!

As much as I love/want to play WoL i’ve taken a step back now as suggested and am playing some 1v1 battles on simple stages with all the extras turned off - walk before I can run etc!

Have no doubt it will click, it’s just impatience as always - realise I can’t catch up the past however many years it’s been that you all have with the series!

BrainOfGrimlock

Ralizah

@Mordridakon I found a strategy for beating the Curry Charizard.

If you can survive long enough until the stage changes and the flames rise, you can position yourself in the middle of the stage. All you have to do is knock it into one of those flame spouts, and the idiot will keep getting knocked around by them in a futile attempt to get back at you until it smashes itself.

That was... unpleasantly difficult.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryzaerian

Until today, I never knew it was possible to love and hate something at the same time.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

NEStalgia

It's weird to me that most campaigns in fighting games are simple tutorials to ease noobs into the mechanics. This game goes 180.... Campaign is for the pros and expects full knowledge of smash systems and the new systems . "oh, 5th battle? Here's Bayo spamming non stop dash attacks like pre nerf smash 4 pros couldn't even dream of.... Good luck! (said in general peppers snes voice)"

@subpopz it's smash launch day. Everyone playing is pros . I don't hate myself enough to dare with online until Dec26 . I will pwn ALL those 6 year olds! .... Well.... Most of them..... Actually at least a double digit percentage!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic