Login or Sign Up
Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,159
I wanna hear the music lol
@Elvie I think Pac Man stands for the relationship between Nintendo and Bandai Namco (Namco Bandai?) and is a celebration for everything Bandai.
Don't forget that every character has to be balanced too.
Only 4 more weeks!
Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3
5 weeks too many!
"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
@Saego I guess I'm just in the minority of people who don't want Pac-Man to be a Namco representative to the point that classic Namco elements make up his move set. I
t's probably because I got attached to a move set I came up with over a decade ago by doing a drawing of Pac-Man and Mr. Game & Watch some time after Brawl came out.
In the final Smash Direct, Sakurai says the Spirits system allows to "simulate otherwise impossible battles" with examples in the video like Roy causing the stage to spout fire with the Eliwood Spirit or Falco using strong winds by equipping the Loftwing Spirit.
Is he still talking about the Spirit Battles/Spirit Board that replace the Event Matches or is he talking about Spirits Mode in general because from what I've seen so far, the Spirits either enhance your physical attributes or provide special skills like a lighter jump or having a bob-omb equipped which makes me think he is talking about the former?
Edited on Fri 9th November, 2018 @ 18:00 by Elvie
The spirit battles will simulate characters, battles, and events from other games.
That's what he meant.
Yeah I don’t know either.
Eh! My gameplay videos
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok
Lol: With Piranha plant Sakurai has opened pandora's box. Now he will get requests all the time for all kind of enemies to be turned into fighters!
Sakurai makes it kinda sound like that you could create these "simulations" by equipping the right Spirits. He also makes it sound like that Spirits were fundamental for the situations in Spirits Battles even though they have done this sort of thing 3-4 times before with Event Matches.
Due to this misinterpretation, I got the impression that Spirits would allow to players create the kind of conditions in the Spirit Battles like the invisible King Dededes that only use side specials. I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to create these conditions with Spirits but it makes sense why I can't.
Edited on Fri 9th November, 2018 @ 18:03 by Elvie
The spirits can't be used in multiplayer battles as far as we know.
Edited on Fri 9th November, 2018 @ 18:12 by Yosheel
Actually, they can be used in local battles.
Do you have a confirmation for that?
The Direct. Around 16:35.
Aha found it. That'll be nice. The one or two times my friends decide to try that mode. (It does seem like a separate mode from how they put it)
Anyway, the spirits will not change the fights radically like in the spirit mode against the computer. They're pretty much just like the equipment items from 4. They may give you boosts, statuses, and maybe even items to start with, but I doubt they'll make any bigger changes like making the floor lava.
Unless you expect wearing an imprisoned spirit will give you ghirahim as a permanent assist, while you can't move.
Edited on Sat 10th November, 2018 @ 00:28 by Yosheel
When I got that initial (incorrect) impression, I came up with a bunch of ideas to recreate famous battles from various games.
There is demand for move set changes for characters ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU33OaerX1s ) and Custom Moves had the potential to be a good alternative but now all we have in terms of customization are Spirits which are essentially the stickers from Brawl with a thematic element so I can't say I'm too excited for something I have kinda seen before.
Regardless, I'm looking forward to it and perhaps it will grow on me once I play it but it still won't change my stance on updated or interchangeable special moves.
P.S. I'm even somewhat tempted to resort to modding in order to fulfill this but I have only done very basic coding so it might be a while before I have an actual completed project.
Edited on Fri 9th November, 2018 @ 23:20 by Elvie
@Elvie Custom moves. Great idea on paper, terrible execution.
Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109
Got new predictions after the "Nintendo choosing characters" announcement:
Fire Emblem Three Houses character (announced alongside new Three Houses info) - April 2019
Banjo (announced alongside either Banjo games for a N64 Mini or new Banjo game for XB1) - June 2019
Dixie Kong (announced alongside new info on a Tropical Freeze sequel) - September 2019
Impa (announced alongside new info on a BotW sequel) - December 2019
Elma (announced alongside a XCX port for Switch) - February 2020
Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano
@Snaplocket It was mostly just the unlocking system combined with the sheer amount of them. I can guarantee they'd be used A LOT more if they were all unlocked from the start but the even after playing for years i could never get all of them, had to resort to cheating
the official callie of nintendo life
Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew
@Mew There's also the fact that most of them were super gimmicky and borderline useless. That, or they barely changed the move at all. Not to mention players couldn't use them outside of custom stats. Yeah, unlocking them was freaking terrible but that wasn't the only problem.
I preordered the Smash Ultimate pack with the Gamecube controller and adapter. I only have two sets of Joy-Cons and they both already have issues so I prefer to never buy Joy-Cons again. Too expensive for such little quality. For Smash I need a good controller, not something that breaks after a few months.
Smash Ultimate's DLC is much better than what was offered in Smash 4. I never bought any of the Smash 4 DLC. Characters like Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy should have been in the base-game roster or added in a free update. Corrin? No one cared! Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta were the only ones that were slightly tempting (happy to check them out in Ultimate for the first time). Anyway, now we know we won't get charged for old characters or echoes, only brandnew fighters.
My DLC picks are - considering Assist Trophies deconfirm a fighter, and that all Switch games except Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey were too young to be considered:
1. Elma. There was so much Xenoblade talk during the DLC presentation, it can't be coincidence. Someone from Xenoblade is locked in and it doesn't seem to be Rex, since he got a costume as an apology for being too young to be considered.
2. A popular character from a quality Nintendo game series that has not a single fighter yet. There's two I would pick: Chibi-Robo (Constantly growing in popularity, being prominent as Mario's spirit AND as a Mii costume, AND there's no Assist Trophy in sight). His first three adventures were absolutely addicting and funny. It's one of Miyamoto's cutest characters. Born in 2005 on the Gamecube, and living in a Toy Story inspired world, he was wanted since Brawl. He even made it into ALL of the fanmade Smash games. He would have been my pick on the official ballot if I hadn't wasted my vote on Krystal. And the other one would be Saki Amamiya from Sin & Punishment. Such a cool guy from such an actionpacked railshooter series made by Treasure. Saki is one of the characters that could almost have been in Smash 64 alongside Banjo-Kazooie, Fulgore, James Bond/Joanna Dark, Bomberman, and Goemon, and they all would fit so well.
3. Nintendo's 3rd Party deals. Biggest should be Bandai Namco, co-developing the game again and having only Pac-Man in the roster. Keep hearing names such as Heihachi (Tekken), and Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia), and it almost seems inevitable. I'm still rooting for Mitsurugi / Ivy or anyone else from Soul Calibur.
4. There are so many 3rd Partys waiting in line to add their mascot to Smash, it makes me think there's at least one more besides Bandai Namco: Square Enix, Capcom, Konami, Sega, Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Activision all have a number of characters heavily suggested. It looks like smaller indies don't get much of a chance against this wall of behemoths. Sorry, Undertale and Shantae fans.
5. Cool surprise that relatively few saw coming. Maybe a new 3rd party crossover, LEVEL-5's Prof. Layton, Grasshopper/SUDA51's Travis Touchdown, SNK fighter (preferably Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown) due to the 40th anniversary, or someone from Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei V.
Edited on Sat 10th November, 2018 @ 14:24 by SKTTR
Please login or sign up to reply to this topic