Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 101 to 120 of 742

OorWullie

There is the option for "E-sports Live"
but when you click on it, it says "your system browser doesn't not support this website". I wonder if that's a clue a browser is on the way. Surely that part would have been left out otherwise?

When searching for a game online it says there's over 73,000 players online. Superb!Not sure what the playlist part means though? I assume it means Switch players. If so there was already 11,000+ playing when I was online.

Note from the devs about the resolution.

"Rocket League runs at 1280×720 in Docked and uses a dynamic resolution scaler in Undocked (handheld) depending on the stadium being played. Generally speaking it hovers around 1024×576. Post launch we plan to continue working on optimizing the game."

I've only been playing in handheld but I would never have thought the resolution was as low as that.Good to know the devs are going to keep working on it. No doubt some non-Switch owners will use this info as a stick to beat it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Joeynator3000

....Why is everyone else getting this game now and us NA people have to wait? T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

RIGHT when I post...go figure. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

electrolite77

@OorWullie

Cool. My first game I unintentionally hustled someone. They went 2-0 up while I was adjusting the camera to what I'm used to elsewhere and I think they thought I was a novice. I won 5-4.

I think the 'playlist' is the number of people playing e.g. 'casual 1v1'in the number of territories you've selected.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

electrolite77

You can definitely tell it's dynamic Resolution, the jumps are a bit obvious at times. But the main thing is in handheld and docked it's buttery smooth.

Playstation ID - GJB77

OorWullie

Just played a few games there in docked mode, the step up in graphics quality from handheld mode is pretty big. I've never noticed such a big difference between the 2 modes before. It plays great in handheld and it's really smooth but they've clearly had some issues with the graphics.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

JoyBoy

Maybe they wanted to spare batterylife?

I’m really on the fence to buy this game. Skyrim should arrive thursday/friday. I don’t have time to play all these games, right? Argh!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GoldenGamer88

I find Rocket League fun but I royally suck at this game. While others get 300 points or so, I‘m happy when I even get outta double digits lol. I just have a hard time hitting the ball in a way that helps my team. But hey, I just started so this will get better in due time ... I hope.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

CroRock

Very impressed so far! Runs phenomenal, controls phenomenal and graphics are not mind blowing but looks great imo. At least in tutorial lol.
I’m stuck on advanced tutorial when I need to jump and rocket fly to hit higher ⚽️. Any advice please? It says press B, pitch with L and press A to fly but I can’t manage to do that

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

gcunit

@AlternateButtons Not that I've seen. Only played one match, but if you see the way I attacked an aerial ball from distance to smash it in the net, you'd see there's no input lag.

Any lag is likely down to connection.

PS. Two goals on my Switch debut 😁

It plays fantastically. I haven't played this for on PC for ages, and then only 5 hours, but I got right into the swing of it just now. Psyonix delivered.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

electrolite77

AlternateButtons wrote:

Some people on Reddit are saying this port has input lag. Is that true?

Not that I've seen. I think it's quicker and smoother than on the PS4 Pro. Weirdly the XB1S is the smoother, cleaner version of the three.

Playstation ID - GJB77

gcunit

@CroRock I haven't done that tutorial, but if you jump while pushing forwards/backwards on the L-stick, the car flips forwards/backwards, so you'll need to flip the car and time your boost when your car is pointing towards the ball above you by the sounds of it.

Edited on by gcunit

gcunit

@CroRock I've just done that tutorial. You have to jump from a fair distance away, then press jump again while you're in the air, then quickly adjust your pitch with the L-stick and boosting. Took me a minute or so to get it, but then I was able to fly over the balls sometimes.

CroRock

@gcunit thanks but whatever I did (regular jumps and all) didn’t work so I used walls around balls to get them. Took me a while but I finished advanced tutorial. Now I’m pro lol

Edit: btw anyone knows how to ulock that super cool looking Samus car

Edit 2: nvm I just got it by playing online

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

OorWullie

I really should do the tutorial.I am shocking poor at it but I keep playing more matches and letting my teammates down.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

JoyBoy

So how does splitscreen run?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Nintendoforlife

Spanjard wrote:

So how does splitscreen run?

It runs well a nice smooth 60 FPS.

Nintendoforlife

Alber-san

Can you play this game online with a friend and other random people at the same time? (Like splatoon 2 league battle pairs)

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Nintendoforlife

Alber-san wrote:

Can you play this game online with a friend and other random people at the same time? (Like splatoon 2 league battle pairs)

If you both have a Switch you can party up and do that yes.

Nintendoforlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic