Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,232

HobbitGamer

Yup, those were announced shortly before launch;)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintyNate

I'm not bothered about the cost, it £18 a year lol ... What I want to know is what are the "deals" do you get more money off games???

NintyNate

gcunit

Not yet, at least.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Alantor28

So, I heard from the Switch thread that MK8 Deluxe's online is a ghost town because people are still mad at the online service. I wonder if that's true.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

HobbitGamer

Meh, highly doubtful. But at the end of the day, folks are just depriving themselves of playing online if that’s the case. Possibly other people that actually have a sub, too. But definitely not hurting Nintendo. I don’t think NSO is going anywhere.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

@NintyNate there’s no deals but if you go to my Nintendo they giving wallpapers if that’s your thing

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

@HobbitGamer I've been struggling to find lobbies with more than 6 players, full lobbies especially have seemed very rare when I was playing yesterday and this morning. Whether this is to do with the number of people subscribed to the service, who knows.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Didn't have this problem during the free online era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintyNate

@1UP_MARIO you serious??? Not like Xbox or playstation with deals on games and money off stuff??? ... I just paid £18 for nothing then lol

NintyNate

1UP_MARIO

@NintyNate lol. I paid £31.49 for a family sub but at least it covered 8 accounts.
Deals will come but don’t get your hopes up, it will probably be wallpapers, costumes or discounts on games you already have.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NEStalgia

It's kind of depressing that the special Splatoon shirt you get for the 12 month sub (as though all Splatoon gear isn't for subscribers?) simply says "Online" in kana.....

Of course you're "Online" you wouldn't be playing if you weren't online you dolt!

NEStalgia

Kinoen

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@HobbitGamer I've been struggling to find lobbies with more than 6 players, full lobbies especially have seemed very rare when I was playing yesterday and this morning. Whether this is to do with the number of people subscribed to the service, who knows.

Good to know~

Kinoen

NintyNate

@1UP_MARIO holy chozo!!! That's nuts dude, I wish they had themes on switch... Meh I might cancel mine before the year is out lol

NintyNate

FredTheCat

WARNING for anyone who is tempted by redeeming points for the money-off vouchers!!

I cashed in points for a £5 voucher for the NES controllers, then tried to order the controllers. As anyone in the UK has observed, for some unknown reason they have set up a separate store for the controllers (including a hidden delivery charge), which has serious faults/issues with it, not least being unable to format delivery addresses properly!
After a week of trying, website STILL will not allow me to enter my correct address (despite the standard UK store being OK for the last decade!).

As I can't enter my full address and it is likely the controllers would therefore go missing, I reluctantly contacted Nintendo Customer Service to ask to refund the points back to my account.
THEY HAVE REFUSED.
A rude 'customer service' guy refused point blank saying that as it is a reward scheme they won't and don't have to refund the £5 worth of lost points back to me. I tried asking for a callback from his manager as there was no-one else in the building that I could speak with (!!) Apparently they have no service levels for giving a call back either. No-one has called back. They clearly are not interested in sorting out their ordering issues.

I've been a Nintendo fan since buying the first NES and Gameboy consoles, after 30 years I expect a tiny bit of customer service from them when they can't reliably deliver to my address because their own website is so screwed up and launched without any testing.

FredTheCat

NEStalgia

Anecdotally I've seen friends I used to play Splatoon 2 with popping up as "online".....for the first time in over a year I see them showing that they're playing games other than Splatoon 2. It does seem like people were ready to move on once paid online came out. I'm not at all surprised by this, it seemed kind of likely introducing it a year and a half post launch and a year after the major online games came out. We'll see if Smash drags people back in in December. I'm sure some of those folks will return at that time. But this doesn't bode well for Diablo, Dark Souls, etc.

NEStalgia

TuVictus

I'm wondering if that's part of the reason it was so difficult to find 4 players for the co-op thing in Mario Tennis yesterday night. I hope not, cuz that actually seems like a fun game I'd wanna play oftenish.

If it turns out that online communities suffer significantly, I hope Nintendo finds a way to fix it, because this is the first generation where we can expect them to branch out their franchises to include online play.

TuVictus

Andrew5678

@NEStalgia I'm hoping Nintendo decides to keep the Splatfests going in Splatoon 2 to help bring people back, at least for another year or so. They don't take up resources, generate buzz, and help push the sense of community for the game-despite the waifu wars and salt that comes afterwards...

Same thing with ARMS, just keep introducing more Party Crashes to encourage people to play new characters and try new ARMS combos. Maybe add some more new badges, or just make one set a 'catch up' type of event for players who missed old ones, and just stick with those.

Mario Tennis has online tournaments already, so maybe they could do something for other online games, even if it's just "Hey, record a sick 30 second clip against another player, and the coolest one wins a prize!" kind of deal would keep people interested.

Andrew5678

NEStalgia

@Andrew5678 Maybe. Part of me wonders if they'll be forced to open "select titles" for free play without NSO. The goal of charging and locking was to force people to pay in, but if it gets to the point their online games are a bad experience due to the lockout they'll have to decide if they can afford to keep locking out all the games or if they just de-emphasize online games overall. Smash will probably be what makes that determination. If Diablo, Dark Souls, Civ6, etc are abandoned ghost towns that's going to be very embarrassing for them, especially if first party games are abandoned as well.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic