Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,232

FaeKnight

The 6.0 update is available right now. But the eshop maintenance is still underway. As such if you update the Switch to 6.0 right now, you'll lose online play access till the maintenance is finished and you can buy a NSO subscription.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

redd214

@FaeKnight like I said just keep trying and you may get through like I did. Signed up for my free trial and downloaded the NES thing. One other guy on my friends list is currently playing as well.

redd214

FaeKnight

Uhm, why did my eshop credit vanish with the update?! I had $11 and change in eshop credit, but after the update and maintance it says my balance is $0.

FaeKnight

DTMOF84

@redd214 it’s live for me as well!

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

redd214

My God I never really had an issue with the "dpad" on the joycons before but trying to play SMB I can now see what people's frustration is! May have to invest in one of those Hori joycons, hard to be precise with regular ones

@DTMOF84 @kevin00756 awesome have fun guys!

Edit: No Cloud backup for Minecraft either is seems

Edited on by redd214

redd214

HobbitGamer

Yay! Just got my update and 1 year, now inside NESflix. Here I come Dr Mario.
Enjoy, everyone!!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Kinoen

@FaeKnight
1.) "Point" (have it phrased like that cause nobody wins while paying to play online.)
2.) Only through a phone.
3.) Not on all games and is deleted the moment you sub ends.
4.) Games that are 2 decades old and have been bought to death in that time span.
5.) Gives you the privilege to buy physical items (why?) and the code for in game goodies, if the first month is anything to go buy, is just one item for one game.
Note: As for losing access to those free games of the month, from what I recall, PS does that, not Xbox.

You know ever since that one guy said I'm "spouting misinformation" cause I got two things wrong (that I owned up to and even if I didn't, it would be viewed as an exaggeration rather than misinformation), I've noticed others quickly picking that phrase up.

I've stated multiple times my complaints, but you and others seem to think it's me whining, quickly dismiss it or do the new craze and say I'm spewing misinformation as to give yourself a reason to ignore everything I've said.
You've heard me plenty, choose to ignore or not acknowledge what I said and claim I have no "real" complaints or criticism. If this is going to continue, then this conversation is over.

Kinoen

puNINTENDed

I can see why people are upset. Practically every good thing Nintendo pointed out about their new service has a 'but' attached to it. Online Play is great but it was free before. Cloud saves are great but it's only certain games. We have voice chat but it's through an app. We get NES games but they are only temporary and don't get to keep them. It's disappointing that this is the same company that tried hard to show positive change for it's fans this console. I can't find a thing I like about this service yet.

At the very least, they were honest about the thing not being ready yet.

Edited on by puNINTENDed

puNINTENDed

FaeKnight

Took me restarting the eshop eight times (and it crashing an additional 4 times), and I have no idea what happened to the eshop currency I had set aside for paying for my sub. But I am now a paid subscriber. Time to play me some NES games.

Depending on things, I may or may not end up wanting the NES style controllers.

FaeKnight

SpaceMonkey86

Kinoen wrote:

this conversation is over.

Thank God! This was getting old. Geez, there's worse services out there and you know what people do, they move on. If you don't like it, then go to the other services you like. It's not rocket science.

SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

puNINTENDed wrote:

We get NES games but they are only temporary and don't get to keep them.

The NES library keeps growing. They aren't taking them away.

SpaceMonkey86

Grumblevolcano

Just some advice about the cloud saves, it doesn't automatically happen once you purchase the subscription. You have to load and close each game for the back up to start, alternatively go into the cloud settings and back up each game to the cloud manually.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@subpopz the sharing is much appreciated just wish they found a way to make it so you could play the same game simultaneously on 2 switches.

redd214

SpaceMonkey86

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Just some advice about the cloud saves, it doesn't automatically happen once you purchase the subscription. You have to load and close each game for the back up to start, alternatively go into the cloud settings and back up each game to the cloud manually.

Thanks @Grumblevolcano! Do you know, if you only want to manually back up saves, can you do that? Or is it an automatic no matter what?

SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

redd214 wrote:

@MilkBone no you can set it to be manual only

Sweet! Thanks
That's what I do with my PS4. Prefer it that way. It's my OCD

SpaceMonkey86

Grumblevolcano

@MilkBone You can choose manual only for all games or even manual only just for some games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FaeKnight

My god, I forgot how floaty the controlls in SMB1 were.

FaeKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic