Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,232

Kinoen

@MilkBone
That was directed towards Fae, if you wanted to continue this, I'll be more than happy to~
That's people being lazy, settling, "oh it doesn't effect me so its whatever" or "Well this service over here isn't as bad as that other one". We/You/I could move on, but if you're never vocal about something (especially when its painfully obvious how bad it is), then we will always be getting less and less and have to play the "Lesser of two evils" game. Yeah it might not work, it most likely will not work, but nothing is %100 unless you don't try.

Kinoen

DTMOF84

Does the voice chat work when you lock your phone?

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

HobbitGamer

Thanks Milk and Grumble for the tips. I’ve got an aesthetic one; In the NES app, you can rearrange the titles. The pictures change size based on how many are on a row.

I looove this, and they load instantly. Already dipped in Dr Mario and Yoshi. Though it’s like I’m having to learn again on some of these games. Tecmo is so fast, I forgot.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

puNINTENDed

I have yet to see Nintendo stoop as low as what Sony did when they chose not to cross-play with other game platforms. These guys respect the player's wishes. I'm sure some effort will made to make this good.

puNINTENDed

SpaceMonkey86

HobbitGamer wrote:

I’ve got an aesthetic one; In the NES app, you can rearrange the titles. The pictures change size based on how many are on a row.

Oh snap! I didn't know you could do that. That is awesome! Thanks

SpaceMonkey86

FaeKnight

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@FaeKnight SMB or Balloon Fight?

I haven't tried Balloon Fight yet, and it's not a game I ever played before. So I wouldn't know what the controls in that are like.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

You float with balloons. Get it? Floaty controls? Wakka wakka!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SpaceMonkey86

puNINTENDed wrote:

I have yet to see Nintendo stoop as low as what Sony did when they chose not to cross-play with other game platforms. These guys respect the player's wishes. I'm sure some effort will made to make this good.

That's a good point. I'm still salty that I had to create a second Epic account to play Fortnite on my Switch. And on top of that have to repurchase the battle pass again.

The thing is, there are things about all of the gaming services I do and don't like. So I pick and choose what is important to me. For example, I would love to sign up for PS Now, but until they officially put it in where you can download your games to your machine and not have to stream them, I'm not going to sign up for that services. Am I going to rant on and on a website of how terrible it is? No. Maybe mention it once and then leave it. I'll speak with my wallet. And right now my wallet says to play some great NES Classic games. lol

SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

Kinoen wrote:

@MilkBone
That was directed towards Fae, if you wanted to continue this, I'll be more than happy to~
That's people being lazy, settling, "oh it doesn't effect me so its whatever" or "Well this service over here isn't as bad as that other one". We/You/I could move on, but if you're never vocal about something (especially when its painfully obvious how bad it is), then we will always be getting less and less and have to play the "Lesser of two evils" game. Yeah it might not work, it most likely will not work, but nothing is %100 unless you don't try.

But you also have to accept that other people may not view it as bad as you do. The EA Battlefront 2 situation showed that 95% of the people felt burned by EA and the loot box situation with that game. Here, a small percentage feel like Nintendo is shafting us and it's crappy. Sure, voice your opinion. But there's gotta be a point where you just need to walk away. Look at all the comments of people enjoying it and having a good time. I play on PS4, PC, Switch (used to have an XB1). Each service has it's pros and cons. It's really not as bad as you say.

SpaceMonkey86

DTMOF84

The NES games are running so good. I can’t wait for some more though. A lot of them on here I wasn’t too familiar with. Metroid is in the next batch of games I see. Can’t wait!

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

SpaceMonkey86

DTMOF84 wrote:

The NES games are running so good. I can’t wait for some more though. A lot of them on here I wasn’t too familiar with. Metroid is in the next batch of games I see. Can’t wait!

Yeah, I'm excited for Metroid too. It's nice they'll gonna be adding to the list every month.

SpaceMonkey86

FaeKnight

I gave Wrestling a shot. And wow was that... confusing? No idea what I was doing, but I somehow won a match.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Kinoen

@MilkBone
I don't gotta walk away from nothing! but understand others don't share my point of view and that''s ok, so long as people understand why I dislike it, that's good enough for me.
Hope y'all enjoy the service~ (not sarcasm)

Kinoen

SpaceMonkey86

Kinoen wrote:

@MilkBone
I don't gotta walk away from nothing! but understand others don't share my point of view and that''s ok, so long as people understand why I dislike it, that's good enough for me.
Hope y'all enjoy the service~ (not sarcasm)

Thanks! So far it’s fun to play the NES games. Haven’t touched more than that yet.
And I hope they can make the service better over time so that more will see the value in subscribing. More people means better online experiences for all.
And I can see others points of view, just some of the points must not mean as much to me since they don’t bother me as much. Would I rather have party chat, etc? Sure. But I also see that I’m paying way less than my PS+ subscription so for me I’m still getting what I’m paying for.
But I can also understand that not everyone has a PS4 or XB1 and they really want this on the Switch. Hopefully these things can improve as well.

Edited on by SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

Kinoen

@MilkBone
That's good to hear, have you tried it online with others yet?
Thats the dream! (Nintendo improving the service)

Kinoen

SpaceMonkey86

Kinoen wrote:

@MilkBone
That's good to hear, have you tried it online with others yet?
Thats the dream! (Nintendo improving the service)

Not yet. But my brother has a Switch so I’m hoping in the next week we can sync our schedules to see what it’s like playing with each other.

SpaceMonkey86

DTMOF84

@FaeKnight I couldn’t figure the wrestling out either. I wish there was an instruction manual on these games.

Baseball was surprisingly kinda fun.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Kinoen

@MilkBone
Nice~ Be sure to let us know how that goes, see if the online is stable, doesn't drop you and what not.

Kinoen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic