Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 3,072

darkswabber

I just discovered dracozolt, arctozolt, dracovish and arctovish are in the undiscovered egg group, meaning I can’t breed them. Really wanted those shinies, here’s hoping the shinies will be given through a mystery gift event at some point alongside aternatus, zacian and zamazanta.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Eel

Well, it's just pressing the A button repeatedly and resetting once you run out of fossils.

For the rest of time, until it works.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkswabber

@Eel that could work, but getting the fossils is a pain, especially since the one I prefer (the bird fossil) is harder to get in shield.
And soft resetting is even worse.

darkswabber

Twitter:

BlackTalon2

darkfenrir wrote:

I'm confused how people are overlevelling just by doing bare minimum, because I have to deliberately grind a little before my team manages to be on par with the Gym Leaders. (Just finished 3rd Gym and have to grind a little since I saw the next Gym is around Lv34-36 while I was level 30-ish)

Yep, me too, Nessa surprised me with her hidden ability Drednaw, but it was not that hard since i had 6 pokemon, Kabu was slightly easier, but i nearly lost to Bea and Opal and post opal Hop. This game is not as easy as people say, it is actually harder than the previous two gens. Gen 6 and Gen 7 were way easier games, including ORAS.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Eel

Huh weird. Someone surprise traded me a gigantamax Eevee. I wonder if they mistook it for a regular one.

Edit: oh hey someone sent me a Pokemon with Pokerus.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

Can anybody confirm that if I leave a purple den alone that a new Pokémon will spawn in its place the next day?

I am aware of the exploit, but don't have NSO.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

alpacatears

Hey everyone. I just wanted to ask for some of your opinions as I'm a little on the fence about getting Pokemon Shield.
With some of the last few games, I got kinda frustrated as it seemed that somebody would randomly heal your entire party every time you so much as looked in their direction and it really Nerfed the whole experience. It got me very frustrated at times. Has there been any of this in sword and shield? I'm not expecting there to be any huge challenges or anything but I'm still a bit hesitant.
I know some of you have probably already gotten well through the story so I'd love to hear how you're finding it now.

alpacatears

darkswabber

@alpacatears yes, however boxing mons doesn’t heal them anymore so you could just maks a second team and switch team around after a heal.
Also the exp share complaint isn’t actually a big problem since overall exp gain through normal means is nerfed, AI in SWSH is much better and most new areas still require a bit grinding to even make a change to beat the trainers. As long as you don’t use raid candy or don’t overgrind the game will stay challanging even with the shared exp gain and constant healing.

TL;DR yes constant healing is a thing, doesn’t make this game in particular easy since the trainers are well balanced to combat the new quality of life stuff, unless you overgrind.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Maelwolf

@alpacatears Your rival heals you during a few events, and other than that there are a few NPCs around that’ll heal you, usually before you enter a cave or something similar. Generally though, other than story events, you have to talk to NPCs to get a heal, they don’t just walk up to you and heal you.

Some people seemed to find the game extremely easy. I did some grinding, although nothing excessive, and found most battles were won with me having 1-2 badly damaged Pokémon left. A few times I had to spam revives as well, so while I wouldn’t say it was hard, I didn’t think it was much different in difficulty to most games that involve exp grinding mechanics.

Maelwolf

Eel

The wild Pokemon were constantly at my level or above through the whole game.

The normal trainers themselves were a bit easier. The important trainers were better.

Even with exp share, my Pokemon in the end were around level 60, where in previous games with exp share on, they would be like level 80.

I did rotate my team around though. To prepare for gyms, and to keep my team more balanced.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Gravitron

I hope they never fix changing time exploits. So convienent for resetting dens and changing the weather

Gravitron

Manah

No idea if I was literally overleveled, but I was way too strong for the first two gyms (started skipping trainers on Route 4, only caught one pokemon in the Wild Area). After that and a little party rotating, I managed to keep it somewhat balanced until the last two gyms. Then I was way overleveled and now I think I'm champion appropriate. I'm glad quick balls are cheap if you get them from the WA guys, that way I can work on my dex without having to keep a mon strong enough to fight on the team.

Manah

Any Sword players out there who would be interested in trading exclusives? I don't have all Shield exclusives yet, but I'm working on it. Can breed what I have (Solosis, Corsola, Ponyta, Lotad, Vullaby, Lunatone, Larvitar, Oranguru, Spritzee, and blue-striped Basculin as well as Sobble and Scorbunny if anyone's still looking for starters)

Edited on by Manah

BakaKnight

@Manah Do you already have some Sword exclusives?
I managed to get a few between raids and surprise trades (Farfetch, seedot, darumaka, scraggy, rufflet, turtonator and jangmo-o).
I'm having a little trouble getting all of them by myself, but maybe we can collaborates between Shields to catch them all!

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic