Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 3,072

Namco

@BakaKnight No problem. But before anyone else asks this was the last time I lend my precious doggo!!

@Eel Zacian knows I did it for a good cause!

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Araquanid

man, why is 6v6 timer limited?

20 minutes is just way too short to do 6v6 with. I've never got to finish a full battle.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Harmonie

Any chance I could find someone who would actually trade me Zacian for good?

sigh I had to get Shield for Ponyta/Rapidash, but I adore Zacian. It's my favorite legendary, but being a legendary I don't even know how possible it will be get get it.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Markiemania95

LF: Mew
FT: Machamp, Copperajah, Drednaw, Coalossal, Flapple, Darmanitan, Centiskorch, Garbodor, Lapras, Vibrava, many TRs, Tart Apples, Leftovers, Impish Mint, Bottle Caps, hundreds of Rare/Exp. Candies, Whipped Dreams, Sachets, Bird fossils, Pokérus, French/Chinese Dittos, can breed any Pokémon. Can also trade legends in Gens 6/7 including Celebi/Jirachi (that can move to Sw/Sh once HOME releases) & shiny Raikou, shiny Zygarde & shiny Tapu Koko

Edited on by Markiemania95

Markiemania95

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-7038-7019 | 3DS Friend Code: 3093-7541-4657 | Nintendo Network ID: Markiemania95

JaxonH

I'm really, really enjoying this game. It's so good. Cant believe it took me so long to really get into Pokemon. My coworker got it too, and is helping coach me. He works under the VP so he's pretty busy- was supposed to come trade me some rare Pokemon yesterday but didn't have time to stop by. But no rush. It's nice having someone who knows all about Pokemon who can help answer questions and trade and give expert tips.

Soundtrack is banging too.

Just made it to route 3, and my Grooky evolved. Had 2 separate playthroughs on Switch and Switch Lite. Finally just transferred one save over and am bouncing that back and forth. Cause I had made it to route 3 on 2 separate playthroughs and spent a fair amount of time in the wilds on each of them.

Turns out it's super easy to bounce saves back and forth. Just hit + on the game icon, manage software, transfer save. Hit send on one and receive on the other. Done and done.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Namco

I'm loving this game too! It turned out better than my low expectations. Although the wild area hurts my eyes. The awful textures and frame drops are rather unacceptable. But the music, the characters and the new pokémon, they're all great. I even liked the story better than that of the 3DS entries.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

-Green-

Thinking it over, I’d say this games story is probably on par with XY, ORAS and USUM. It has some nice characters similar to those games (albeit XY was weaker in this aspect), but what I did find very lacking in SwSh is the regions history and lore. Pokémon games as of late try to build up the settings by explaining or referencing interesting bits of lore for their region. XY had the ultimate weapon, the War that happened in Kalos and AZ, which while criminally under explored, were interesting concepts. I didn’t really find any of this in Galar.

Narratively wise, I’d still say SM had the better story and probably the best story in the series. Despite its pacing issues in the game

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Anti-Matter

From 3 Galarian starters, i have more interest with Sobble and Inteleon. Sobble is the cutest one and Inteleon is the coolest one as its looking like intelligent spy lizard. Not really impressed by Rillaboom (Gorilla) after saw cute Grookey. I don't really like Scorbunny evolution since from beginning i knew it will have soccer signature moves and i really don't like soccer things. At first suddenly i thought about Cinderella from Cinderace since its thigh was tall , the Cinder prefix sounds like Cinderella and the legs design looked like focused on glass slippers.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Maelwolf

@Anti-Matter Sobble and Inteleon really grew on me, and I went from planning to replace him as soon as I got another water Pokémon to keeping him throughout the story run. I’m starting to warm up to Rillaboom as well, although I think this is mainly a case of his design appealing to me relative to a lot of the other grass Pokémon designs.

Maelwolf

Gravitron

I think it's funny when the little friendship hearts show up above my Eternatus's head. This hulking death dragon loves me

Gravitron

BlackTalon2

I don't know why people are complaining about the difficulty settings for this game. SWSH is much harder than the previous two generations at the very least. Leveling up is harder unless you use the experience candies and the battles against the gym trainers and the rivals are also harder, their pokemon sometimes have hidden abilities or good abilities like Nessa and Bede. You can't reset EVs and you cant farm berries.

I just reached route 8 and the pokemon there out level most of my pokemon. Fighting Opal and Bea was a pain and a chore. TRs make it harder to have good moves for all your pokemon.

I guess the people who complain just use their starter and level up with the candies and bulldoze over everything. I'm actually switched pokemon and teams constantly, and im breeding some pokemon with good natures too for use in game.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Sisilly_G

My party is currently over-leveled, so I've boxed them while I keep ONE of them in the party, a freshly caught Yamask that is "in training" (I need to grab the Eviolite if I am to have any chance evolving it), and the rest are there to collect EXP so that they can evolve and fill out my Dex.

I'm just really annoyed that there are so many Pokémon that I cannot catch due to not having enough badges. Fair enough if overlevelled Pokémon won't obey me, but I don't want to wait until endgame to be able to catch the bloody things!

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

darkfenrir

I'm confused how people are overlevelling just by doing bare minimum, because I have to deliberately grind a little before my team manages to be on par with the Gym Leaders. (Just finished 3rd Gym and have to grind a little since I saw the next Gym is around Lv34-36 while I was level 30-ish)

darkfenrir

jump

Why do the dynamax poke explode when you defeat them?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

jump wrote:

Why do the dynamax poke explode when you defeat them?

Because even on Sentai Rangers / Ultraman, the monster will explode after beaten by Sentai Rangers / Ultraman. Kaboom is the answer to end the battle. 😁

Anti-Matter

Octane

@darkfenrir I managed to rotate 30 Pokemon (almost all the new ones) without grinding. Though I did catch every new Mon I found.

Octane

darkfenrir

@Octane 30???? Holy heck, I'm using my 6 Pokemon and barely managing. But then again I skip nearly every Pokemon since I have caught everything I want for my team.

Only catching those I defeat from Raids and it's quite fun grinding these 2-3* to the ground, using the XP candy to skip leveling my Pokemon... Somehow it makes grinding even more engaging for some reason. Definitely more fun than just beating up rando Pokemon

darkfenrir

Eel

Then again beating up random Pokemon increases your chances of randomly finding a shiny.

@jump the game implies the dynamaxed pokemon aren't actually physically giant. So I guess those explosions aren't literal either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkswabber

I almost have the shiny charm, I’m missing 88 dex entries. This will be the first ever pokemon game I complete the regional dex. I’m trying to get the living dex too.

EDIT: now it’s 73 missing entries.

Edited on by darkswabber

darkswabber

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic