Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,945

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

I don't see the point in open world Mario. Mario is a platformer, not an adventure game. It needs condensed little world full of objects to jump on/against/off. I am already a bit worried after seeing those big grassy plains in Odyssey, or that empty desert. I don't play Mario games to mindlessly run around. I'll go play BOTW if I want to do that.

Yup, this game seems to have some of the biggest open spaces in any 3D mario games. They probably think it's ok as long as there are faster means of travel rather than just running.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Google Translate: This is "Capture Imo Mu" that Mario captured on the new enemy character "Immoo". Let's move on with the Big Body!

Google Translate: It is one scene at nature rich waterfall country "Dyna Four". Beyond the line of sight of Mario ...?

New SMO video from Nintendo of Japan.

Nyanha Nya! Cat Mario Time 100th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaTtlmaklsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaTtlmaklsw

It thought this was full of spoilers but it's not really. It's stuff we've largely seen before. Just the hidden pixel Cat Mario and Peach were new, to me at least.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Dezzy

When does the review embargo lift for this?

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Kimyonaakuma

@Dezzy I'd guess that it will be early next week, if they did it this week then Fire Emblem Warriors will be overshadowed.

...well it already is but it would make it worse

I seem to be invisible here, or maybe just ignored? Who knows...

Operative2-0

No doubt they're confident enough to have the embargo be a few days before release. This is one of the few times it seems everyone is in unanimous agreement that yes, the game will be great and yes, it is a must have for any Switch owner before the game is even out lol

Operative2-0

YummyHappyPills

Apparently after the leak of Mario & Luigi, which was from a review copy, Nintendo is cutting some reviewers out, and may even not send review copies until release day, or a few days prior, to cut down on leaks.

And to be fair, these leaks have been a big problem for Nintendo, so I don't blame them.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Ralizah

@BLP_Software They might as well. It's not like the game isn't going to sell well, and they probably shouldn't be sending a free review copy out to every 100 subscriber channel on youtube that requests one anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

YummyHappyPills

@Ralizah Apparently it was a notable publication. Read into that what you will, but seems their review policy is changing from here on out.

Operative2-0

Not to be off topic, but do we know who leaked Samus returns? Not saying how or where, but that game was on the web for a few weeks before launch

Operative2-0

OorWullie

If ever there is a series of games that a publisher could send out and be confident it will receive top marks from the majority of websites worth paying attention to, it is 3D Mario. No doubt there will be a couple of sites giving it a lower score but those are usually just 'hey look at me, I'm edgy' idiots that are desperate for attention . I'm not saying 3D Mario is for everyone, some folk just don't like 3D platformers, that's fine but then they shouldn't be reviewing the game. Only a fool could play through these and not recognize the expert level design, massive amount of original ideas and focus on ensuring the gamer is having fun. Other than Galaxy 2,each entry is totally unique from each other too, so anyone saying it's just more of the same is another not worth paying attention to. For me these are the pinnacle of gaming,it doesn't get any better.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

OorWullie

@Inertiacreep Haha, I've never done that for any game or console. I'm a month shy of 40 year old and with age I can recognise things for what they are instead of what they're not. Games like 3D Mario are the very reason I love gaming in the first place,to have fun and lose myself in its world and no series does that better than 3D Mario.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Ralizah

@BLP_Software Oh well. The really big publications and channels will still get copies early-ish. Apparently review copies are sent out in "tiers" now.

Edited on by Ralizah

YummyHappyPills

@Operative2-0 Im not sure but its happened a lot, along with broken street dates. I understand wanting to crack down

Operative2-0

I was wondering if maybe it was the same people leaking it :X. Yeah, I'd crack down if I were them, too

Operative2-0

Haru17

It would be sick if this game could do the gravity-bending levels from like the first third of Galaxy. Not the 2D ones, but stuff like slingshotting around planetoids. It's probably too much to ask for with how many projectile captures there are and the motion control hat toss mechanic. Although, I've spoken to people who have their (speculative) suspicions about the 3D moon floating around the world map...

Edited on by Haru17

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Operative2-0

I think we'll totally see some galaxy esque platforming. I hope so, at least!

Random thought, but my favorite thing to do with the Galaxy games was do a long jump on a small planetoid perfect enough that I'm caught in an endless loop of gravity in my jump.

Edited on by Operative2-0

Operative2-0

Kimyonaakuma

The galaxy games are my favourite (and first) 3D mario games so any reference to them would be appreciated!

I know that they said somewhere that they won't be remaking any mario games for Switch but SMG 3 would be good too!

I seem to be invisible here, or maybe just ignored? Who knows...

erv

I'm charging into this thread blank just to mention it.

The t-rex GETS A MOUSTACHE.

Game of the year.

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Ralizah

Super Mario Galaxy is pure joy. The controls, the aesthetics, the gentle melancholy surrounding Rosalina, almost everything is wonderful in that game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic