Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,768

komodo182

For me the story of FFIX is the best of all the final fantasies (of course this is just my opinion). FFIX gets better the longer you play it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

RR529

In tonight's X session I did my business in Guadosalom, and am now at the rest stop in the Thunder Plains.

EDIT: Got a bit more in tonight. Did some grinding in the Thunder Plains (those huge armored dudes reward a lot of Sphere Points), then stopped at the start of Macalania Woods.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Oh man, there's a way to cheese level 60 enemies in Burmecia to majorly power level your party. Goodbye, level balance, I never knew thee!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@komodo182 Yep. Just went up 10 levels or so!

Doesn't seem to affect my stats besides HP, though. My characters aren't hitting any harder now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

komodo182

@Ralizah That's my go to grinding spot. Its great going up that many levels at once.

Purgatorium

I got FF7 after Squeenix fixed the music bug. It wasn't the biggest factor preventing me from buying it but I figured they should be encouraged whenever they fix their broken ports. Now, as expected, I can't put it down.

I'm finding the problems with the port not as bad as I expected. The graphics are blurry on modern TVs but not so bad that I haven't gotten use to it. People complained too that the music was tinny. I'm not finding that all. Sounds like it sounded in 1997 to me.

Far and away the most annoying port problem is the 8 directional movement.

But whatever I'm still loving it.

Edited on by Purgatorium

Purgatorium

RR529

Just arrived at Macalania Temple in X, so the big Seymour fight is coming up. I have an extra save back at Rin's shop at Macalania Lake, so I'll be able to go back & grind if need be.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

komodo182

So i'm about 12 hours into FFX, but my main question (maybe this gets answered later), how does everyone breath underwater for so long?

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
"how does everyone breath underwater for so long?"

Use your imagination. (Spongebob voice) 🤣
Just kidding. 😛
Actually, only THREE of them can breathe underwater very long: Tidus, Wakka and Rikku.
They might be descendant of Aquaman or Neptune or maybe they have very large lung capacity.

Anti-Matter

komodo182

Anti-Matter wrote:

@komodo182
"how does everyone breath underwater for so long?"

Use your imagination. (Spongebob voice) 🤣
Just kidding. 😛
Actually, only THREE of them can breathe underwater very long: Tidus, Wakka and Rikku.
They might be descendant of Aquaman or Neptune or maybe they have very large lung capacity.

Tidus can breath like indefinitely. And don't forget like anyone who plays blitzball. Everyone has gills or something.

RR529

Beat Seymour, for the first time today! Won on my first try, and the summon didn't even have the chance to use it's overdrive. It took me longer to complete the following puzzle room, but only because I wanted to figure out how to get the secret treasure.

@komodo182, each half of a blitzball match is only 5 minutes long, so while a bit exaggerated, it's probably just assumed that they've trained to be able to hold their breath for a bit (only Tidus, Wakka, & Rikku can fight underwater, so it's not like it's something just anyone can do). Furthermore, despite how long it takes you to win, I don't think any of the underwater fights are supposed to last that long (maybe 2 or 3 minutes at most, in the game world. There's no particular indication that they're ever down there for very long). The diving expedition at the start of the game is probably the longest time they've spent underwater, but even then it doesn't really say how long of a period that was supposed to be.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

komodo182

I just did the extractor battle where Yuna is caught...(she likes to be kidnapped?). Just for fun, I let Wakka and Tidus just hang out underwater doing nothing for awhile.

BruceCM

Lols, @komodo182, that's just mean.... How are you liking the game, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
Psst...
Al Bhed kidnap the summoners for specific reason.
But you will figure it out later.

Anti-Matter

komodo182

BruceCM wrote:

Lols, @komodo182, that's just mean.... How are you liking the game, though?

This is my fourth attempt at playing the game, but I am enjoying it more than before. I don't care for the weapon and leveling system (or lack there of). I wish weapons increased stats like in previous final fantasy games and I wish there was a leveling system instead of the skill tree, but maybe these things will grow on me.

komodo182

Anti-Matter wrote:

@komodo182
Psst...
Al Bhed kidnap the summoners for specific reason.
But you will figure it out later.

I figured there has to be a reason, but come on, put up a fight about it instead of just being princess peach.

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
Actually, i want to tell the reason why the summoners being kidnapped by Al Bhed but it will be spoiler so i gave you a hint that you will figure it out during gameplay.

Hint: You will see Rikku confess something about Yuna being kidnapped by Al Bhed.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RR529

Arrived in Bevelle tonight in X. Glad that I'll be getting Yuna back soon, as I've had to tap into my item reserve quite a bit without her. Luckily I built up like over 90 Al Bhed potions while in the desert, so Rikku & Khimari have me covered).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

BruceCM

Just got to Pharos.... Is that the final dungeon?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic