Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,768

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Yup.
You will fight with Famfrit first then Dr Cid.
Cid in FF XII is a bad guy.
After you beat Cid, you will return to Balfonheim.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Cool.... Defeated Hydro easily enough & finally filled everyone's license boards completely Unlocked the door onwards & saved for now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Getting pretty far in Final Fantasy XII.

Just got my 3rd Esper, but I think I missed a bunch, because it’s pretty far down the list of Espers. In some weird crystal dungeon that has some seriously tough enemies.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Finished it myself.... Awesome

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Btw, have you saved your save data on different slot before entering Fortress of Bahamut ?
Because once you get in, there is NO way to back.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

I did.... Had a bit of difficulty with the last bits but all completed now

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

How do you get a Chocobo at the Calm Lands in X? I remember riding them back during my original play through, and see some areas only accessable by Chocobo, but I don't see a way to rent them at the rest stop in the middle of the plain, nor an option to ride the wild ones roaming around (as I walked up to a couple of them to try & interact with them).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

There's a girl near the travel agency, @RR529 .... Talk to her, she's a trainer. Complete her simple training a chocobo & you get a free 1 there

SW-4357-9287-0699

Quarth

Can someone please explain how Quickenings in FFXII works? It all goes to fast for me to get a grip on what's happening and I haven't found a good guide making it easy for me to understand the mechanics of this feature.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Ralizah

@Quarth They're sort of like limit breaks, and they can be chained in different ways to create bigger cumulative attacks called Concurrences. For example, chaining three lvl 1 quickenings will trigger the Inferno concurrence, whereas chaining five or more lvl 2 quickenings together will lead to the Windburst concurrence. Be sure to use the mist charge option if you don't see a quickening you want to trigger in a sequence.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Quarth

@Ralizah But how do I chain them? It says I should press ZR and then other characters quickenings shows up, but I don't know what to press.

Edited on by Quarth

RR529

@BruceCM, found her, but she was near the northwestern section of the plain. Anyhow, I got to that temple that's only accessible by Chocobo, won the race, did the first battle against that summoner who resides there (though I think I'll save the later fights for late game), then I did some monster capturing, but there were two species I never ran into so I ultimately put it behind me for now & decided to continue my journey. Just beat that Golem that Seymour's goons send after you.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

JaxonH

@Quarth
You press the corresponding button (B, Y or X) for each quickening. ZR is just to re-shuffle if you don’t see any more button prompts.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Late

Still playing FFX albeit slowly. I started playing BotW again so that might make my progress even slower. Had to gather some more money to recruit Yojimbo. Just beat Biran and Yenke.

Good thing I decided to visit this thread again. I was also wondering how to ride a chocobo in Calm Lands. I must have missed the person who lets you do that. I'll back up a little and go find that temple.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Quarth

@JaxonH OK, thanks! I'll see if I get it now.

komodo182

blitzball is surprisingly fun I have to say haha.
I spent several hours last night playing it

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

RR529

Took me nearly all my Gil reserves, but I recruited Yojimbo this morning (never did so on my original run. Not sure if I simply passed up the little detour last time, or if I just didn't pay up).

By the way, does his price change depending on what answer you give him? I told him I want to defeat the most powerful enemies, and he charged me 250,000 Gil.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Anti-Matter

@RR529
The answer should be "To defeat the most powerful enemies"
Btw, everytime you summon Yojimbo, you have to pay with your Gil.
If you lucky enough and getting closer with Yojimbo, Yojimbo can use his Zanmato to defeat all foes including bosses.

Anti-Matter

Late

@RR529 I answered "To train as a summoner" and got him down to 230,000. I think I saw it go even lower when I didn't have enough money.

EDIT: Fought the summoner in Calm Lands. Seems like I can't continue there before I obtain more summons. Back to progressing the story then.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Oh, i found better deals with Yojimbo.
First, you type 125,001 gil for first offering.
Yojimbo will ask the price you offered then the price will be downgraded into 225,000 gil.
Next, type 125,002 gil and it will downgraded again into 205,000 gil.
Type 150,003 gil and he will offers 194,000 gil as the final deal.
If you have at least 194,000 gil, go for it so you will not pay him with 250,000 gil.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic