Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,087

Manah

How likely is it that Play-Asia really needs your phone number? I don't have one that works but apparently won't let me order without one and apparently they actually call you or at least send a text message.

Heavyarms55

I started playing Final Fantasy 10 HD yesterday (it released a couple days earlier in Japan) and I have a burning question: Are these people part fish? Seriously how can they stay underwater for so long with no difficulty at all? At first I thought there was some kind of technology they were using but there is nothing visible so far.

To be fair I'm only 3 and a half hours in, and with Final Fantasy that is basically the opening cutscene... but still!

Other than that, I really like it so far. The voice acting can be kinda dated and cringe inducing at times, but it is still doing a good job of pulling me into the story. I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. Ancient civilizations, world ending threats, magic and technology all rolled together!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
FF X = Final Fantasy Harajuku
You can see the unusual fashion design from each characters. (Lulu, Tidus, Yuna, Auron, Seymour, etc)
Harajuku and very Okinawan.
The Yevon alphabets kinda remind us for Ancient Chinese letters long time ago.

SPOILER
Btw, you will feel breathtaking to see Yuna has to do her job to send the dead body souls on Kilika Island after Sin destroyed the village.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

King-X

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I started playing Final Fantasy 10 HD yesterday (it released a couple days earlier in Japan) and I have a burning question: Are these people part fish? Seriously how can they stay underwater for so long with no difficulty at all? At first I thought there was some kind of technology they were using but there is nothing visible so far.

No, it's an effect of the pyreflies.

Currently Playing: Super Neptunia RPG

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I always assumed it was just simply a case of Square saying why not/rule of cool @Heavyarms55

I mean in those three hours alone you've already been exposed to blitzball, a giant fish monster, multiple smaller but still pretty big monsters, big ol' swords, ghost kids, a completely different language, all that tech, magic and everything else you could ever think of... 😅

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

King-X

Square really do have that "cool" rule but this was mentioned in Ultimania. It doesn't explain how they manage at non-blitzball locations though. Wakka and Tidus as blitzballers would have had a lot of underwater practice as would Rikku with her being an islander with a history of hunting sunken treasure.

Edited on by King-X

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I haven't seen that yet, but I am pretty sure that is exactly the next scene I will be seeing. I just played through that fight last night and got to the island right after it.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I mean yeah there's a lot of stuff going on that might be more extraordinary, but somehow they don't surprise me as much. I am just used to the portrayal of fantasy or sci-fi where they make some off hand comment referencing how they do something. Like having a forgetful character mention "I almost forgot my magic underwater breathing charm!" and then get berated by a responsible type or have a character mention in a cutscene "I'm glad my rebreather was built so durably!"

Or if the cast could breathe underwater naturally I would not have expected them to be what appear to be normal humans.

@King-X I just can't buy the "lots of underwater practice" reasoning if they are just human. No human can hold their breathe underwater like that, fight, work and move for so long.

I mean, overall I don't mind, it doesn't break the game or anything for me, I just find it odd.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

JaxonH

Man... I see people already have the digital JP version, and even the physical JP/Asian version... here I am waiting for Tuesday to crawl along. I have the physical version on the way from Play-Asia, but it won’t get here before the digital version unlocks.

Enjoyed some Darksiders and Unravel Two and LABO VR, but now... it’s Final Fantasy time. Already beat FFX on the Vita, but I’ll be going for a 2nd playthrough, and this time maybe playing X-2 afterward.

@Manah
Uh, I never get any phone calls or texts, and don’t recall ever giving out my number to them. Idk.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Oh yeah I always found it weird too @Heavyarms55 that they never mention like a breathing apparatus or they all have gills... as I said before I just assumed Square said why not til that tidbit about the pyreflies from King

And I hope you enjoy FFX! Definitely one of my favourites

I quite like X-2 though... in fact... it was my first FF 😅

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

King-X

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@King-X I just can't buy the "lots of underwater practice" reasoning if they are just human. No human can hold their breathe underwater like that, fight, work and move for so long.

I mean, overall I don't mind, it doesn't break the game or anything for me, I just find it odd.

You'd be surprised to hear that the record breath holding underwater is 24 minutes. Granted it's a different situation if you're very active underwater playing blitzball but as I already previously stated, blitzball water is affected by pyreflies. This is a comparatively tame physics issue compared to say... characters jumping 50ft in the air or casting high level magic.

Edited on by King-X

Heavyarms55

@King-X Yeah when I googled I saw some German guy lasted like 22 minutes. But even you point out how different that is from fighting and playing sports.

Feel free to add me

Morpheel

They trained in the same diving school as 2D Mario and the Pokémon trainers from (gen 3) Hoenn/Unova.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Edelgard

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Are these people part fish?

I think the people in Final Fantasy consist of 20% people 20% fish 20% wizard 20% anime weeb 20% Arnold Schwarzenegger

This way it makes complete sense

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Anti-Matter

@ALinkToMyProfile
And 20% of Arnold Schwarzenegger was Ronso tribes ? (Kihmari Ronso)

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Bunkerneath

Still can't believe that banner on the FFX western release:

Untitled

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Bunkerneath To be fair, it's not just Nintendo. The Vita release had the Vita equivalent of that banner as well, so technically Sony was the first to start with that (Nintendo's is a larger/bolder warning, but it's also symmetrical with the Switch logo rather than a random box on the cover.) The PS4 release had both on disc IIRC, though I had the steelbook edition so standard may be different.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You mean you started with X-2 and actually came back to play other games in the same series?!

@Heavyarms55 If you've made it past the intro to FFX and your biggest "WTF" consideration is how long Tidus can hold his breath underwater, I'm going to have to seriously worry about your mental state....

NEStalgia

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Wasn't really into RPG's, JRPG's in particular @NEStalgia . True I'd played Pokémon but... I dunno never really classed it as an RPG back then.

FFX-2 was on sale for like £15/£20 all the way back in 2004/5 and I ended up buying it on a complete whim.

Knew absolutely nothing about it. Ended up enjoying it immensely and yeah... Here I am, lover of RPG's and all sorts.

Cus of FFX-2 😅

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Bunkerneath

@NEStalgia yes but the tweet from Nintendo UK had a picture of the game without that banner

False advertising me thinks.

On a different note, just got to the Golden Saucer on FF7 and my god frame rate drops to crap when you are in the Chobo-Racing

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Bunkerneath Yeah, I hate when they do placeholder art.

Ouch, how can they port so incomplete that a PS1 game stutters on a Switch? It's got to be actually emulating PS1 rather than being a straight port. Sheesh....

NEStalgia

Morpheel

It's probably just a badly optimized port.

As usual.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic