Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,768

NEStalgia

@Morpheel And it's fair to say she never, ever, ever ages (ever....)

NEStalgia

Quarth

@NEStalgia LOL, the postal service works in mysterious ways.

@Franz No probs. Yeah, there's plenty to play! returns to Yoshi's Crafted World

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia That is kind of how I felt. When I saw he was an athlete in the beginning I just assumed it was character building. I thought that at most, we'd see one game in a cutscene and then all hell would break loose and no one would care about sports while satan's fat cousin is eating people and destroying cities. I didn't remotely think they'd actually make me play the sport... I will be trying it again tonight. I did get that Jecht shot thing, which people were saying was supposed to help.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Really?! That's great! I mean, I like him as a character, but I don't care about Blitzball at all.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Actually...
Sin was coming to Zanarkand when Tidus was playing Blitzball. Then, Sin destroyed the whole Zanarkand by its beam.
Oopsie... It will be spoiler if i tell you too much. 🤭
You will figure it out who was actually that Gargantuan creature which destroyed Zanarkand.

And to tell you....
The concept of Summon creatures on FF X world was actually pretty scary.
I mean.... The Summon creatures were actually from..... Oopsie. Spoiler. 🤭
You will figure it out when you have reached Mount Gagazet later in the middle of storyline.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Getting pretty far into Final Fantasy X, and it’s really starting to get its hooks into me again.

I love this freaking game. Seems to be outperforming even Mortal Kombat XI on Xbox One per Amazon rankings, which is insane. Up to #14 on US eShop too. I’m hoping this game can do 500k+ because right now, Square Enix only sees evidence of old school retro style games doing well (Octopath Traveler, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX). Need a more modern FF game to do well so they see we’re more than a bunch of retro nostalgia nuts

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

My experience with FFX is kinda funny.

The only contact I've ever had with the game, outside of the music being in Theathrythm, was in college when I had to stay home sick one day.

I felt terrible, my head hurt, and worse, I had lost my glasses.

Basically my only friend took pity in me, and visited me with his old PS2 to play games. I really couldn't play at all, though, so he played FFX while I was being miserable in the background.

So basically, FFX only comes up in my mind as some sort of blurry fever dream.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@Morpheel
Maybe time to relive the fever dream, ya?

(Great, I’ve been playing FFX so much I’m starting to talk like Wakka)

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH It isn't surprising to be honest, Switch is the JRPG console after all.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I think those first two years had a few good JRPGs, but now, after those first two years have proven Switch is here to stay, we’re gonna see an exponential jump. Final Fantasy X/X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest XI S, SMTV, etc are just the tip of the iceberg. I think a lot of JRPG games people think aren’t coming, will, one way or another, eventually come. I’m expecting all the Kingdom Hearts games, I’m expecting Persona 5 (even if it wasn’t originally planned, I think after seeing success in Smash they’ll begin to port it over), I’m expecting the next Tales, lots of Level-5 (which, Snack World was just confirmed for the West- Yokai Watch 4 will be next). Might even see Star Ocean, though I’d prefer the PS3 entries over Integrity and Faithlessness.

If only they’d port The Last Story and Xenoblade X. I don’t think we’ll ever see Sakaguchi’s 7th gen titles though. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are stuck on X1 BC, and Last Story... stuck on Wii. Why Nintendo didn’t offer to buy Mistwalker or contract to make exclusive games like Takahashi and Monolith Soft With Xenoblade (even opening the door for another collaboration) is beyond me. Nintendo are absolute fools for not jumping on those rare opportunities.

JaxonH

No one else playing FFX? I’m plowing through hard here, and had my hopes up for discussion as others played through.

Just made it to the Al Bhed’s home, roughly 30 hrs in.

I’ve decided to make Khimari a mage, used my Lv. 2 sphere to break in to Yuna’s grid after snatching that whole circular ring area of spheres on Rikku’s grid next to it (including Steal and Use), and now have Reflect and Dispel as well. 21 physical defense and 21 magic defense, 24 physical attack and 30 magic attack so well rounded. Soon will have Curaga, so a second 1st string healer in the party.

Gonna ride it all the way to Holy, then use my 2 Teleport Spheres on Yuna and Khimari to transport over to Lulu’s grid and make both of them some A grade offensive damage dealers. Then I’ll take the special sphere and give Lulu Curaga so I have 3 healers in the party (apparently it’s only the skills in the special menu that can be transferred, like Hastega- might have to put some more thought into this one)

Gosh, this game has so much content it’s insane. I hear stories of people maxing stats and fighting monsters in an arena and capturing monsters and fighting these crazy dark Aeons... I don’t think that’s for me because I don’t have it in me to dodge lightning 200 times or chase the celestial weapons or do any of that jazz, but I love the fact you can dive as deep as you want.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
When do you plan on playing the game? I take it you’ve never played before?

Oh man you’re in for such a treat, this game is nearly flawless. There’s a small handful of games I can think of over the course of the last three decades that were shining examples of immaculate perfection, and this is one of them. It’s SO freaking good.

FFVII and FFIX were great for their time. Final Fantasy X is a game that is still great now, even when compared with modern games. It just makes me want to play Lost Odyssey when I’m done... which I may do. Won’t be able to play hybrid, but that’s fine. Not every game can get that benefit.

If you have an Xbox One, which I know you do, Lost Odyssey is the other. An absolute must have and one of the greatest JRPG‘s of all time, and maybe the only game that I would put on the same level as FFX (that and The Last Story- that’s the trifecta of Sakaguchi greatness there- although there has been some debate exactly how much he contributed to FFX, I say the proof is in the pudding).

Edited on by JaxonH

Late

I started playing FFX. I'm about 3 hours in. It's a game I always wanted to play since my friend had it back in the day and he was always talking about it. I got to try it out couple of times as well. I only had a PC back then so I couldn't get it myself. I had a huge drawing of Tidus on my wall for years even though I barely had played the game.

I cannot say much about the game yet since I'm not that far into it but I didn't remember that the game had a locked camera. Kind of makes exploration a bit harder in my opinion. The places you can go and can't go is not as clear and you have to walk everywhere to check if there are any chests instead of just moving the camera and seeing there's nothing in that dead end. I mean, it's not a big deal. I just haven't played a 3D RPG with locked camera with this big areas for a while.

I also find the transition from cutscenes to in game models a bit funny since there's such a big gap between the graphics but it's kind of charming. It's the best they could do back then.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Anti-Matter

I have played FF X/X-2 HD Switch just now for total more than 5 hours. 🤓
I played FF X-2 first since i was very familiar with the opening of Songstress (fake) Yuna dancing and singing in Luca theathre, Rikku and Paine got some business about Sphere in the middle of the concert stage, the dialogues they have spoken that i still remembered until LeBlanc revealed her true identity. 🤓

Next, i played FF X for quite long and have reached Besaid Village, met with Wakka.

It was so Unreal to play former PS2 games by SquareEnix on Nintendo Switch for the first time. The Saving process was insane fast (less than 0.5 second), very contrary with PS4 version. And to play FF X/X-2 HD on Nintendo machine, i felt it was like my Biggest Rebel ever.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

PocketQ3

Replaying FFX-2 again after 100%'ing it back when it first released. Maaaan oh man I forgot how fantastic this game's battles are - love the Creature Creator too!

Played FFX every year since it's release (save for maybe a year or two) so I definitely know that one's a classic that I'll always love. So freaking happy to have all of these FF ports! Makes me REALLY want the FFXIII trilogy and FFIV/V/VI etc. even though I still hate some things about XIII. I just gotta catch 'em all! (the final fantasies)

PocketQ3

Quarth

@JaxonH I'm eagerly waiting for my copy from Play-Asia to arrive. Once I get it, I'm all game!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic