Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 3,493

riccyjay

Currently tackling the Gunbird challenge first. I used to play with these exact settings and I'm pretty sure I can make it to level 7. Let's see if I can do it again...

(By the way, I'm assuming the 'extend score' setting is 400,000 sincr that's the default?)

Also, anyone here playing with the Flipgrip? I've had mine for a month or so and only really used it to test it out a few times. Playing Gunbird with it is the first time I've given it a serious go and I can now say I really, really do love it. Weirdly, given the small screen, it's the closest I've felt at home to sitting on a stool in front of an Egret / Astro City. Just wish we had a decent d-pad on the Joycons.

SW-4616-4310-4138

Zkibu

@riccyjay I have the Flip Grip. Really turns some of the game more enjoyable. Enjoying especially Danmaku Unlimited 3 and Namco Museum games. Funny how something so simple can be so genious.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

AgentLA

Count me in this challenge. I’m tackling Aero Fighters II first and moving on from there.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

settingsun209

I plan on taking place in the challenge i have all these games

friend code: sw-5069-0265-8027

settingsun209

This might be a dumb question but does anybody know how to rotate the screen in aero fighters 2 for hi score mode, just got the flip grip. and can't figure out how to rotate the screen for this mode specifically the normal i can fine.

friend code: sw-5069-0265-8027

Corneel

@settingsun209 It is not possible to rotate the screen in this mode. It is only possible to do that in the other modes. But since this is a fullscreen game, you don't really need the flip grip for it I think.

Edited on by Corneel

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

riccyjay

Who does everyone use in Aero Fighters. I'vr tried everyone but play pretty much exclusively as the ninja now.

I like this game quite a bit but the way the high score mode works can be a bit frustrating. Don't know if it's the same with everyone, but for me when the Paris stage turns up is the key to the whole thing. If it's stage 2, I might as well just start again. If it's 5, I'm laughing.

Current score for the challenge period is about 380k, by the way, but I know I can do a lot better than that and am looking to break my old personal best before posting a proper score.

SW-4616-4310-4138

GFoyle

@GrailUK great to hear from you again in this thread! I see you have your own challenge going on again? Did you get burned out on the challenges after then Terra Cresta insanity with the Asian rival? The next batch of challenges start after the current ones end on 16th of February (no games decided yet). Why don't you participate in any of the current ones, there is still over 2 weeks left... Zkibu need's a rival for Pacman for example, he is over 100k already?

@riccyjay Ninja of F14 for me, seems to be the easiest of the two to get points on my current skill level (mostly because of that stupid bonus level). I'm 460k on this challenge at the moment, haven't played it in few days though.

In Gunbird I'm usually dying in the last form of the Stage 6 boss (I usually get to Stage 6 on my first credit), once I got to stage 7 (beat the game too, but I'm not sure was it my last credit or one more when I did that because I had added extra for practicing purposes). Didn't take any screenshots to prove it yet. I'm quite sure I will at least get to stage 7 in this survival challenge. Beating the first loop is not out of the question either because of the 2 extra credits available.

Planning to play Metal Slug too as last one. Pacman I will skip.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

GrailUK

@GFoyle Ah Terra Cresta was epic! No I didn't get burned out, but I needed to play less hardcore and catch up on Xenoblade, Octopath and buckets more. Bomb Jack is one of my top 5 video games so of course I had to be number one lol! And now I'm up for really nailing a game again lol.
Will have a look at Pac-man this weekend I reckon.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GFoyle

I were able to improve in AF2 a bit, now 496 200.

The game is very slowly starting to grown on me a bit. The rank effect / difficulty curve is just even more annoying than on other psikyo games (I count this as one even though it was different company), especially the speeding up the bullets part, which suddenly can get way too fast and doesn't really given any room for reacting.

edit: slightly over 500k

Edited on by GFoyle

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic