Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 3,493

Lroy

Turning green with envy here. Would love to jump in on IKARUGA but I'm determined to stick to my intention of not buying anymore games for the moment. The Open Leaderboards will be there if and when I do pick it up. So I can always add my name to the bottom of that when the time comes ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GFoyle

@Zkibu I bet you improve during the challenge too . I think this game will get good participation and I'm sure there are much more people who have prior experience of the game as it's been available for GC, Dreamcast, XBone etc. (I did got it for my XBone before the news came that it's going to be release on Switch, but never really played it). Hopefully there will be good competition!

btw. where from Finland you happen to be from? Any change that you would live near eastern Helsinki where I live? (I would send this as private message if this site or via switch would support such basic features..)

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

OorWullie

@CroRock It not having a restart option is annoying. I actually tweeted Treasure and Nicalis about it earlier. Often I die within seconds and just want to hit restart but instead need to return to the title screen ,then click past 3 more screens to get back in the game. When high score chasing a restart option is much needed.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Zkibu

@GFoyle Might be Oh your are a Finn too? I do live in Helsinki but more close to the center. My wife is from east so that area is quite familiar to me also.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

CroRock

@OorWullie
Yea, thatโ€™s it. It would be great if they add restart button in future updates but Iโ€™m a bit skeptical tbh.
At least they should update annoying bug I came about playing vertically and remaping change polarity to L when L suddenly stop working while B does. Restarting a game or pressing home button and getting back in game fixes it.

Anyway, please share thoughts from Nicalis/Treasure if you get reply

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

GFoyle

@Zkibu Yep, just thought to ask I as nowadays I don't think I know really anybody else locally who plays and would have Switch outside my childhood friend who lives a bit too far away these days (happens to work at local Nintendo distributor/importer actually). Family life, work and guitar as #1 hobby seems to make the circle of friends quite small ! Would be fun to have somebody to play some local multiplayer, co-op games occasionally (my son turns 8 during summer is logical choice for this at some point, but he is still a bit too young to some of these more difficult games).

GFoyle

Zkibu

@GFoyle My son is 6 months now. So he won't be into the gaming yet or near future . I have a circle of childhoodfriends who are playing the CS:GO, Starcraft (not my cups of tea), Fifa/PES and NHL-series. Been trying to get new games in the rotation (Like Bomberman, every single 2 player shmup, Smash and Mario Kart) but last 10 years it has been impossible task to dethrone NHL. Absolutely open for change.

Zkibu

Daftbomb

In heaven now I have Ikaruga back in my life, been over ten years since I last played it... @OorWullie with the tournament do we all need to upload screenshots or is the online leaderboard enough?

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

GFoyle

@Zkibu I wonder is there such wall mounting options which let's you rotate tv like that or is it stuck in tate mode?

GFoyle

GrailUK

Hamster just updated Terra Cresta to remove a bug that left the ship stuck with 5 upgrades! Did anyone have this happen to them?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Zkibu

@GFoyle I remember seeing one full motion wallmount. It was something like 70โ‚ฌ but I can't remember the brand.

Zkibu

riccyjay

Just joined this site - mainly to take part in this thread!

Score for Ikaruga after a couple of days (hope this displays all right...)

I can do better, but I'm not going to be getting up into the tens of millions or anything. Still though, hope to be able to improve at least a bit before the competition closes.

Edited on by riccyjay

SW-4616-4310-4138

Zkibu

@riccyjay welcome! Seems like you got a great start. I believe that this is the leading score right now?

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

riccyjay

@Zkibu Thanks!

Pleased to hear it's top so far! Even though I only just joined this site, I've actually passively visited this thread before so I'm already aware it won't be top for very long. I'll enjoy it while it lasts though.

SW-4616-4310-4138

GFoyle

@Zkibu I wish I would have thought about this possibility before bolting mine to the wall I'm happy as it is, big enough picture without the tate mode.

GFoyle

riccyjay

By the way, for folk not enjoying the long process to restart in Ikaruga, if you go into the 'Extra' section in Settings, there's an option to turn 'Easy Menu' on. Not quite a quick restart, but it allows you to just jump back in with all the same settings instead of having to choose difficulty, arcade mode etc every time. Been a real lifesaver as the slow restarts were doing my head in at first, too.

SW-4616-4310-4138

CroRock

@riccyjay
Wow thatโ€™s a life saver! I was thinking Iโ€™m smart because I change difficulty in extra to normal so itโ€™s skipping one menu befor starting new game! Thanks for tip!

And great score mate.. I played for 5 hours and canโ€™t see myself reaching that high anytime soon

Edit: I tried to send you friend req but it says it cannot find user. Maybe you should check SW friend code in signature

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

riccyjay

@CroRock Oh yeah. My mistake. Two 5s not two 7s. Fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

SW-4616-4310-4138

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic